For the Pats fans - what I "saw" at camp last nite

Garb

First of all, let me say I am a proud member of Patriot Nation and have been for a LONG time. I am thankful, EVERYDAY, that I am not a rabid member (sheep) of RSN. I am giving serious consideratioon to resigning as a member of RSN. RFP's from fans of other MLB teams are being requested. Please PM your propoals to me. Anyway:

I was sitting on the grassy hill in front of the field that the Offense was mostly practicing on.

You really don't "see" much in training camp. However, these are "tid-bits" I did notice and may be of interest (or not):

Bill Belichick has lost at least fifteen pounds. He has a lovely, lovely tan. I saw him smiling several times. Conclusion? Billy has a girlfriend.

Troy Brown was working on the Punt coverage unit - NOT return. However, he was working with the first 3-wide out set unit. He, Givens and Branch. Givens did not look good. Dropped some very catchable balls. The Wide Out that really caught my eye was David Terrell. He looked terrific. I saw him hamming it up with BB. Actually, when BB first came onto the field he made a bee-line for DT. Chatted for three minutes or so. Interesting...

Fauria was not dressed for practice. McGinest was not dressed and Harrison was not dressed for the afternoon practice. Graham left practice with ten minutes left. Walkingoff the field with a trainer. He was walking fine. Stay tuned. However, Graham, Watson and Weaver looked FANATASTIC. Honestly, teams should FEAR a Graham/Watson combination. Fauria should fear being cut.

Tyrone Poole is back with avengence. He looked terrific. Gus Scott was covering the backs on pass patterns like a cheap suit. Very good. Corey Dillon looked ...well, like Corey Dillon. He should have a great year - especially with that Watson/Graham package.

Tom Brady was his usual self. Solid. Rohan Davey looks like a hunchback and throws TOO HARD.

Now on to my favorite :roll: :

I tried so very hard to be objective. Really. However, it is apparant that this midget (he looks like he's 5'8") can't throw a legitimate NFL caliber pass from the pocket. The most messed up spiral I've ever seen. Kind of a side arm delivery. Often off target. This man will get his receivers killed. He is MUCH better improvising and throwing on the run. It was true last year and it is true again - if the Pats lose Brady, the Pats are f'd.

A very family oriented crowd at camp. Big time autographs seekers. You almost feel bad for the players.

Thanks to Karen from Patriotworld.com for her company and camp insights.

Is is possible to move threads from one website to another? :)

Actually, thanks for the update. It is always nice to keep an eye on the competition.

As for BB losing a little of monk weight, that is good. Hopefully he is getting laid regularly and doesn't have much energy to put into being a HC.

Also, referring to his tan as "lovely" made me LOL.

BZ

...also, he spent the entire practice working with the Offense. Mangini was clearly in control of the Defense.

Side Note: BB was wearing shorts with a Monk Sweatshirt! Who says BB doesn't have a sense of humor? That was certainly a sarcastic "smile and wink" gesture for the cameras, media, fans and players.

Flutie was never and is not a dropback passer- the situation he can thrive in are rollouts and moving the pocket. That being said I am sure Brady better stay healthy for the Pats with Rohan and Flutie as backups.

BTW - Larry Izzo has bulked up his muscle considerably. He must have gone heavy on the protien shakes and hit the weights HARD....I suspect after Tedy's stroke. He mauled Kevin Faulk on an out pattern and smacked him to ground. Cheers from the crowd. A toungue lashing from the coaches. He was OVER AGGRESSIVE for sure.

First camp fight? Izzo and an RB of choice.

First of all, let me say I am a proud member of Patriot Nation and have been for a LONG time. I am thankful, EVERYDAY, that I am not a rabid member (sheep) of RSN. I am giving serious consideratioon to resigning as a member of RSN. RFP's from fans of other MLB teams are being requested. Please PM your propoals to me. Anyway:

I was sitting on the grassy hill in front of the field that the Offense was mostly practicing on.

You really don't "see" much in training camp. However, these are "tid-bits" I did notice and may be of interest (or not):

Bill Belichick has lost at least fifteen pounds. He has a lovely, lovely tan. I saw him smiling several times. Conclusion? Billy has a girlfriend.

Troy Brown was working on the Punt coverage unit - NOT return. However, he was working with the first 3-wide out set unit. He, Givens and Branch. Givens did not look good. Dropped some very catchable balls. The Wide Out that really caught my eye was David Terrell. He looked terrific. I saw him hamming it up with BB. Actually, when BB first came onto the field he made a bee-line for DT. Chatted for three minutes or so. Interesting...

Fauria was not dressed for practice. McGinest was not dressed and Harrison was not dressed for the afternoon practice. Graham left practice with ten minutes left. Walkingoff the field with a trainer. He was walking fine. Stay tuned. However, Graham, Watson and Weaver looked FANATASTIC. Honestly, teams should FEAR a Graham/Watson combination. Fauria should fear being cut.

Tyrone Poole is back with avengence. He looked terrific. Gus Scott was covering the backs on pass patterns like a cheap suit. Very good. Corey Dillon looked ...well, like Corey Dillon. He should have a great year - especially with that Watson/Graham package.

Tom Brady was his usual self. Solid. Rohan Davey looks like a hunchback and throws TOO HARD.

Now on to my favorite :roll: :

I tried so very hard to be objective. Really. However, it is apparant that this midget (he looks like he's 5'8") can't throw a legitimate NFL caliber pass from the pocket. The most messed up spiral I've ever seen. Kind of a side arm delivery. Often off target. This man will get his receivers killed. He is MUCH better improvising and throwing on the run. It was true last year and it is true again - if the Pats lose Brady, the Pats are f'd.

A very family oriented crowd at camp. Big time autographs seekers. You almost feel bad for the players.

Thanks to Karen from Patriotworld.com for her company and camp insights.

Nice recap Garb..One question..Is Walkingoff one

word like Wackingoff?? :mrgreen:

I wouldn't go that far. If anyone is going to have that type of a year it will be Graham.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pa...articleid=95974

Catching praise: TE Watson impresses coach

By Michael Felger/ Patriots Notebook

Sunday, July 31, 2005 - Updated: 10:06 AM EST

FOXBORO - It's not often Bill Belichick heaps praise on a second-year player who has suited up for just one NFL game, but that's what the coach did yesterday with tight end Ben Watson.

Consider it an indication of just how high the hopes are for the 2004 first-round pick out of Georgia.

Watson missed the final 15 games of his rookie season with a torn ACL, but he has been a regular on the field since the spring passing camps and he's gotten off to a clean start the first two days at training camp. Taking a regular turn with the first team, Watson has made all the catches and looked very much a part of the offense.

The next step will be for Watson to break out using his impressive blend of speed and athleticism. For now, he's at least on his way.

``No question, he is way ahead of where he was last year,'' Belichick said. ``I think that hopefully we will be able to put him in positions where he is able to use his skills that he has worked hard on. We'll see how all of that plays out.

``Overall, he is an exciting player to have on the field. He's a smart kid. He works hard. He has really done everything that he possibly could do in the last year to put himself in this position. I'm happy that he has the opportunity to be back out on the field and to show what he can do as a football player.''

Why stop there Mr. Rizzuto? Just predict like 1,600 yards while you are at it.

And PatsfanTx calls out us Jet fans as being delusional- Watson to have a Gates type year when the guy has not played one down in the NFL?

And PatsfanTx calls out us Jet fans as being delusional- Watson to have a Gates type year when the guy has not played one down in the NFL?

You can't Blame Tex!! He's been on too many Jet

Boards and he's become infected!! He see the Jets

winning the Bowl every Preseason and has to wait

for Late Jan or Feb for the Pats to win it for real!! =D>

Savage I think one thing I can guarantee on this Jet site is that not everyone has Jet green glasses and sees that every Jet player is the next all pro and every Jet coaching and front office move is brilliant

Savage I think one thing I can guarantee on this Jet site is that not everyone has Jet green glasses and sees that every Jet player is the next all pro and every Jet coaching and front office move is brilliant

I never said he caught it here..He comes here for

his Meds!! :mrgreen:

Huh, Izzo bulking up in light of the injuries?

Weird thing is, except for blowouts, the Pats don't let him play LB....

But, he played a lot of LB in the Pro Bowl (made team as a special teamer) due to the smaller rosters and did fairly well.

I think Beisel can be a player (having Bruschi or TJ around would've helped him alot)....NFL teams loved him on draft day, but it took him time to switch from DE to LB...I think he made the transition in 2004.

4 or 5 playoff teams were after him strong in the off-season and Vermiel was devasted to lose him.

What impressed me about Beisel in 2004, was he can do a lot things--deflect a throw, get a sack, play special teams...Sounds like Vrabel (circa 1999).....He wasn't like the Houston Texans LB's (Foreman and Shaper--both cut) that would rack up 135 tackles each, but do nothing else in coverage or getting to the QB's.

OK, if TS wasn't such a lazy a$$, this is post of the day material.

savage (and even 13) are the Jet fans I have the utmost respect for.

If the Jets ever made it back to the Super Bowl (after 36 years BTW), I'd want them to win for Jet fans like these guys.

savage (and even 13) are the Jet fans I have the utmost respect for.

If the Jets ever made it back to the Super Bowl (after 36 years BTW), I'd want them to win for Jet fans like these guys.

:shock: what about me, big boy??? where is my respect??? :lol:

by the way the JETS will be detroit on the field celebrating their superbowl win this season ;)

More tid-bits from Pats camp for the Pats fans that "infest" JN:

Charlie Weiss has been at Pats camp for two days in a row now. On the field and talking it up with Belli and the Offense. Charlie has also been laughing it up with the crowd. Weird, no?

Flutie is now working with the second unit - where Rohan Davey was working before. Rohan has looked like absolute crap and continues to. I predict Rohan will be starting for the Edmonton Eskimos (whatever) of the CFL soon.

Biggest hit of the day, Gus Scott.

McGinest still hasn't practiced.

Seymour is still awol.

Troy Brown/Deion Branch/David Terrell looking really good.

Vrable continues to work at MLB.

Lot's of talk about a DE called Santonio (First name) who is impressing the coaches?? Who is this guy?

Archived