Bruschi Turns Down $3.9 Mil Offer From Kraft

PatsFanTX

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...of_good/?page=2

Take the money and run? Not Bruschi

This says it all about Tedy Bruschi: According to a source familiar with the Patriots' talks with the linebacker, the Krafts presented Bruschi with the option of retiring now and receiving the final $3.9 million on his contract, but he instead elected to keep his hopes alive of playing again. By doing so, his nonguaranteed contract remains in effect, with no promises of future earnings beyond this season's $850,000 salary.

If Bruschi is forced to retire a year down the road, it would be interesting to see whether the Krafts would still pay off his contract. The guess here is they would. But certainly by that time there will be salary-cap ramifications to consider, and a new negotiation would have to take place.

Bruschi is expected to be seen around Gillette Stadium working out with trainers and taking part in team meetings, but he was not on the sidelines during the first practice sessions of training camp this weekend. Bruschi would like to keep a low profile, while recovering physically to the point where he can gain medical clearance to play.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...of_good/?page=2

Take the money and run? Not Bruschi

This says it all about Tedy Bruschi: According to a source familiar with the Patriots' talks with the linebacker, the Krafts presented Bruschi with the option of retiring now and receiving the final $3.9 million on his contract, but he instead elected to keep his hopes alive of playing again. By doing so, his nonguaranteed contract remains in effect, with no promises of future earnings beyond this season's $850,000 salary.

If Bruschi is forced to retire a year down the road, it would be interesting to see whether the Krafts would still pay off his contract. The guess here is they would. But certainly by that time there will be salary-cap ramifications to consider, and a new negotiation would have to take place.

Bruschi is expected to be seen around Gillette Stadium working out with trainers and taking part in team meetings, but he was not on the sidelines during the first practice sessions of training camp this weekend. Bruschi would like to keep a low profile, while recovering physically to the point where he can gain medical clearance to play.

Tedy Bruschi Morals >>> Bill Belichick morals

when he was healthy, Bruschi was a pat defender i wished the Jets had. He's a true warrior.

Their defense is not going to be the same w/o Bruschi. It would be like if we lost Vilma.

Bruschi is the player that held everyone accountable in the huddle. You don't replace that guy.

this pig is ready fellas. :evil:

this pig is ready fellas. :evil:

Same old song and dance from Jet fans.

You said the exact same thing last year when the Pats secondary was decimated with injuries.

How did that turn out?

This is nothing more than a small bump in the road on the way to another Super Bowl. :wink:

Same old song and dance from Jet fans.

You said the exact same thing last year when the Pats secondary was decimated with injuries.

How did that turn out?

This is nothing more than a small bump in the road on the way to another Super Bowl. :wink:

I think losing both Coordinators will be too much to overcome.

A tip of the cap to Belichick (I'm sure such an offer came with his explicit or implicit approval) and Kraft as well for having the class to give him the offer (and nothing suggests they pushed him or anything).

So far the Pats have handled Bruschis situation with every ounce of class possible, and I am extremely gratified to see a guy who has been the best of soldiers looked after, protected, and not pushed or prodded by the organization.

I don't think Tex REALLY thinks these things, all together, are just a small bump. I think he is as nervous as he's even been at the start of a season.

But give him credit, he sure as hell has stuck to the party line, that no losses, no matter how many or how important, will derail his team.

It will be very very interesting to see where the Pats go this season. Lets face it, if the win it all with the losses sustained this offseason, Bellichek instantly becomes the single best coach in NFL history IMO. 4 titles, and the fourth with the motley crew he has left this year? That would indeed be impressive.

I don't think Tex REALLY thinks these things, all together, are just a small bump. I think he is as nervous as he's even been at the start of a season.

Fish, do the board a favor and post here more often.

You are one perceptive dude. :wink:

A tip of the cap to Belichick (I'm sure such an offer came with his explicit or implicit approval) and Kraft as well for having the class to give him the offer (and nothing suggests they pushed him or anything).

So far the Pats have handled Bruschis situation with every ounce of class possible, and I am extremely gratified to see a guy who has been the best of soldiers looked after, protected, and not pushed or prodded by the organization.

Soldier? hahahaha. I would love to see what your opinion would be of a pats lb if he were acually good. Ray Lewis, Mike Singletary, Jack Lambert, Derrick Thomas, Jack Ham.....Those guys were soldiers. Bruschi was a steroid injecting JAG.

BRuschi is overrated anyway. Chad Cascaden looked like mike singletary for a year with those coaches.

sherry, I hope you are just busting chops with that statement.

There is no one in the NFL that has made bigger, plays, in bigger situations than Tedy Bruschi over the past 4 years.

No one.

Just another small little bump in the road.

Please. You guys are not immortal. You guys will still be good this, but no way will you win 13-14 games. You have lost both coordinators, both of whom are considered among the best in the NFL, and also lost 2 of your defensive leaders. It's just plain ignorant to say that is not going to have a negative effect on your team.

sherry, I hope you are just busting chops with that statement.

There is no one in the NFL that has made bigger, plays, in bigger situations than Tedy Bruschi over the past 4 years.

No one.

He is a JAG plain and simple. How many pro bowls? and will never make the hall.

I won't argue with that at all.

But name me one player in the NFL over the past 4 years that have made more key plays to help their team win in crucial, big game situations?

I won't argue with that at all.

But name me one player in the NFL over the past 4 years that have made more key plays to help their team win in crucial, big game situations?

Plays that win a big game? Isn't that stat grasping at air just a little bit? I'm confused now. I thought it was Vinitieri or Brady that was making those big plays.

Uh....dude.....how many JETS (other than Martin) are H.O.F. bound?? Not too many I think.

Bruschi may not be a "HOF'er in Waiting", but he has been a damn fine player, one I'd have been happy to have personally. He actually reminds me a bit of Chrebet, funny as that sounds, as I have always thought of him as a player who got by (and thrived) more on guts and desire than strait-up natural gifts. He wills himself to be good, and he was.

And I have to say, the steroid comments are really low class man. This isn't Barry Bonds we're talking about here....

Archived