Official Yanks/Sox July 4th Weekend thread

Matt39

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats the word on Damon? Looked like he f'd up his shoulder pretty good yesterday.

I'm not hoping he's hurt, but I'm hoping he's out for the game. Masterson has been having alot of trouble with lefties.

I'm not hoping he's hurt, but I'm hoping he's out for the game. Masterson has been having alot of trouble with lefties.

I'm with you on that. I'll be happy if Masterson makes it through 5 innings today.

Just out of curiosity Sox fans, do you guys miss Damon?

Honestly? Not really. If he had resigned with the Sox, Ellsbury would be blocked or would have been traded. They're basically the same player, just at different stages of their career. As long as it's similar production, I'll take younger and cheaper every time.

Honestly? Not really. If he had resigned with the Sox, Ellsbury would be blocked or would have been traded. They're basically the same player, just at different stages of their career. As long as it's similar production, I'll take younger and cheaper every time.

Gotcha. I'll tell you what though he certainly is a gamer. One of the few guys I actually enjoy rootingfor on this damn team.

Not one bit.

Whatever

He's a great clubhouse guy, and he's better than Crispy and Ellsbury

If you asked the Sawx players and coaches, they'd tell you he's missed

You however have no ****ing clue what you're talking about

Whatever

He's a great clubhouse guy, and he's better than Crispy and Ellsbury

If you asked the Sawx players and coaches, they'd tell you he's missed

You however have no ****ing clue what you're talking about

I don't miss the guy at all. The Sox have done fine without him. I can't express my opinion? You have serious issues.

I just have one thing to say after this game, in this thread. Please baseball god, if you want to have Yankees/Sox games on National TV put it on TBS, or ESPN. This McCarver idiot has got to be the biggest moron in all of sports, and thats including Pete Prisco. I'm not to fond of Joe Buck either, but McCarver has to give Buck some sort of headace with the crap that he says.

I just have one thing to say after this game, in this thread. Please baseball god, if you want to have Yankees/Sox games on National TV put it on TBS, or ESPN. This McCarver idiot has got to be the biggest moron in all of sports, and thats including Pete Prisco. I'm not to fond of Joe Buck either, but McCarver has to give Buck some sort of headace with the crap that he says.

Shouldnt Yankee fans be used to lousy announcers by now? You have 3 of them right now.

Shouldnt Yankee fans be used to lousy announcers by now? You have 3 of them right now.

This coming from fans of a team that has announcers that has no concept of small ball, or insurance runs. I still want to know that idiot who claimed that the other team shouldnt be bunting with none out, person on 2nd, and a 9-5 lead. Did that moron really say that? How does he have a job. At least Michael Kay, although stupid, knows a little thing about the game of baseball.

This coming from fans of a team that has announcers that has no concept of small ball, or insurance runs. I still want to know that idiot who claimed that the other team shouldnt be bunting with none out, person on 2nd, and a 9-5 lead. Did that moron really say that? How does he have a job. At least Michael Kay, although stupid, knows a little thing about the game of baseball.

So I cant criticize the pathetic announcers the "great" yankee franchise throws out there?

I tried listening to the game on YES yesterday when I was in NY. Kay was pissing me off with how terrible he is... I had to mute it.

Mets are second class team, so we have second class announcers. What's the Yankees excuse?

So I cant criticize the pathetic announcers the "great" yankee franchise throws out there?

I tried listening to the game on YES yesterday when I was in NY. Kay was pissing me off with how terrible he is... I had to mute it.

Mets are second class team, so we have second class announcers. What's the Yankees excuse?

Where have I said that I like Michael Kay? I know he's an idiot, you seem to not know that your announcers are just as retarded. Like I said, at least Michael Kay knows the game of baseball really well, can't say the same about your teams announcer.

Where have I said that I like Michael Kay? I know he's an idiot, you seem to not know that your announcers are just as retarded. Like I said, at least Michael Kay knows the game of baseball really well, can't say the same about your teams announcer.

i never said you liked Kay, I just find it funny that a fan of a team that is supposed to be so great and have all this great pride puts these douchebags who know nothing about baseball on their broadcasts.

The little I heard of Kay he knows sh!t about the game. Mets broadcasters arent bad, and maybe say 1-2 stupid things a week as opposed to the Yankee announcers who say something stupid every inning.

McCarver is annoying and Captain Obvious many times, but he is the most knowledgeable broadcaster out there. Its too bad he's become such a smug jerkoff. I learned a lot as a kid watching him broadcast for the mets. Helped me when I played and also how to watch a game.

All yankee broadcasters ever taught me was if I hit a homerun, this bud's for me.

oh, and Mets broadcasters are much better than the Yankees broadcasters, and much more professional. But I will say this, Yankee broadcasters are better than at least 25 other teams. So that aint bad.

i never said you liked Kay, I just find it funny that a fan of a team that is supposed to be so great and have all this great pride puts these douchebags who know nothing about baseball on their broadcasts.

The little I heard of Kay he knows sh!t about the game. Mets broadcasters arent bad, and maybe say 1-2 stupid things a week as opposed to the Yankee announcers who say something stupid every inning.

McCarver is annoying and Captain Obvious many times, but he is the most knowledgeable broadcaster out there. Its too bad he's become such a smug jerkoff. I learned a lot as a kid watching him broadcast for the mets. Helped me when I played and also how to watch a game.

All yankee broadcasters ever taught me was if I hit a homerun, this bud's for me.

oh, and Mets broadcasters are much better than the Yankees broadcasters, and much more professional. But I will say this, Yankee broadcasters are better than at least 25 other teams. So that aint bad.

Notice he doesn't really say much about the Mets announcers. Maybe it's because you know he's dumber then Michael Kay.

Anyways, I think it's laughable that you think McCarver is good. I honestly don't know how Joe Buck deals with someone so stupid. I can't believe I used to think McCarver was smarter then Buck. Turns out they're both really stupid, but definitely Buck is the smarter one.

By the way, the guy I am saying Michael Kay is better than is the guy with no concept of Insurance Runs. I still can't believe what he said in that one game, really how the hell does he have a job? He needs to go back writing his idiotic columns in the paper that no one reads, and spew his idiotic bull****, because he's obviously too dumb to be announcing for a team.

Notice he doesn't really say much about the Mets announcers. Maybe it's because you know he's dumber then Michael Kay.

Anyways, I think it's laughable that you think McCarver is good. I honestly don't know how Joe Buck deals with someone so stupid. I can't believe I used to think McCarver was smarter then Buck. Turns out they're both really stupid.

Why should I say something about the mets broadcasters? I wasnt comparing them to the Yankee broadcasters. I made a comment about how I found it funny yankee fans were criticizing an announcer...

I dont know why Yankee fans have to make everything Yankees/Mets. Cant I make a comment that doesnt lead to some stupid comparison? Or is that all you know how to do.

Unlike you I know how to look at things objectively and can comment on a broad range of topics and try not to allow my biases to cloud my judgement.

but to satisfy you:

I havent watched too many mets games with the current broadcasters.. I mostly listen to the games.

I will say this: I dont like Keith Hernandez. He would be cool to sit at a bar and watch a game, but he isnt very good in the booth.

The radio guys are very good. They paint a mental picture of whats going on. Make it enjoyable to sit and listen to whats going on.

McCarver is knowledgeable. He just surrounds it with too much crap so his insights get smothered by his ass-hat-ness. And as I said, he's changed in the years since he left the mets. He was a great broadcaster with the mets, now he's just annoying.

And Jerry Remy sucks worse than all NY broadcasters. And Don Orsillo is a sean mcdonough knockoff.

Archived