Shutdown Corner

Green Jets & Ham

TY LAW is a DIFFERENCE MAKER

One of the few CB's in the league who can practically take away one half of the field

He can take the oppositions best WR and render him inconsequential

Some call it a Shutdown Corner, others call it a #1 Corner, but whatever you wanna call it, Ty Law IS IT

==========

I'd like to elaborate on this further, because the term "Shutdown Corner" is so often misunderstood when taken literally

That's the mistake folks make, and that's why the phrase loses it's meaning

In the literal sense there is no such thing as a Shutdown Corner, but there are a select few corners who can take the oppositions best WR, week after week, and render him inconsequential

What does that mean?

It means he can prevent the best WR's in the league, who specialize in WRECKING THE GAME, from, well, WRECKING THE GAME

I'm talkin about WR's who wreck the game for a living ... that's what they do ... that's why they make the big bucks ... that's why their faces are splashed all over espn and their highlights all over NFL Primetime, week after week ... except when they face a cat like Ty Law ... that's where the party ends

Oh sure, they may make a few catches during the course of 60 minutes ... there will often be no shutting down in the literal sense ... but you don't WRECK THE GAME verses Ty Law, and that's why he's heading to Canton

That's the type of player the Jets are seeking to add here ... Just so we can be clear about that ... and that's why some of us, who understand what makes a Ty Law unique, are chomping at the bit for this signing to happen

In that sense Ty Law is a Shutdown Corner ... a difference maker ... call it what you will, but Ty Law IS IT

So if I were to say that he is a money grubbing whore with one bad wheel...Ty Law IS IT? Oh yeah, he's still going to be a Patriot when it's all said and done.

Will you be talking about the bad wheel if he signs in NE, or will a miracle have occurred in that scenario?

It will be fun to watch Ty laying down the Law in GREEN...

Is there any prospective FA or FA signing of the Jets that isn't the difference maker to the fans? We've been signing FAs every year since 1968 that we're supposed to be the difference maker for the Jets Lombardi yet I still have a hole in my drywall. Esiason, O'Donnell, Lott, the list goes on, yet the trophy case is still bare.

Call me when the Jets get to the big dance. Until then, everyone can spare me the "Final piece of the Super Bowl" puzzle bull$hit that flies around this place everytime some one is signed or drafted.

Is there any prospective FA or FA signing of the Jets that isn't the difference maker to the fans? We've been signing FAs every year since 1968 that we're supposed to be the difference maker for the Jets Lombardi yet I still have a hole in my drywall. Esiason, O'Donnell, Lott, the list goes on, yet the trophy case is still bare.

Call me when the Jets get to the big dance. Until then, everyone can spare me the "Final piece of the Super Bowl" puzzle bull$hit that flies around this place everytime some one is signed or drafted.

The Gun of BavariaTX,

Great post and right on the money. :wink:

Lesson learned. Never mess with a moderator.

I would hardly take that post seriously. I know the guy who posted that and we were just talking about how we were booking tickets to Detroit. It's all in good fun, my friends. Pardon us for being up hopelessly optimistic.

TY LAW is a DIFFERENCE MAKER

One of the few CB's in the league who can practically take away one half of the field

He can take the oppositions best WR and render him inconsequential

Just out of curiousity? do the jets have a shutdown corner opposite Ty Law? Which receiver do you put Ty Law on in the game in Detroit?

Just out of curiousity? do the jets have a shutdown corner opposite Ty Law? Which receiver do you put Ty Law on in the game in Detroit?

Our #2 corner is David Barrett. He is solid though certainly not on Ty Law's level. You guys better be watching out for a certain #51 though. Vilma can wreak havoc. Though I doubt he'll do that much in the first preseason game.

Obviously, Ty Law will be on Roy Williams. And David Barrett will cover the injury proned Charles Rogers :wink: . I guess Derrick Strait or Justin Miller would be covering Big Mike.

Its funny how well I know the Lions and the NFC, and have no clue about 90 percent of the jets.. :D

check out www.bigmikewilliams.com for some cool stuff on him, I think he can be a great receiver but right now he's number 4, we picked up a vet from Baltimore named Kevin Johnson who is starting at number 3

Vilma is a linebacker? he must be a big hitter... Detroit got a strong safety from Denver Kenoy Kennedy, I guess he's supposed to be a big hitter, hopefully he can lay one of your receivers out this friday :shock:

[-o<

Its funny how well I know the Lions and the NFC, and have no clue about 90 percent of the jets.. :D

check out www.bigmikewilliams.com for some cool stuff on him, I think he can be a great receiver but right now he's number 4, we picked up a vet from Baltimore named Kevin Johnson who is starting at number 3

Vilma is a linebacker? he must be a big hitter... Detroit got a strong safety from Denver Kenoy Kennedy, I guess he's supposed to be a big hitter, hopefully he can lay one of your receivers out this friday :shock:

[-o<

Oh no....another Michigan man on this board...but one who roots for the Honolulu Who and Silver. What's up at Ferris St man?

Vilma is a linebacker?

Uh yeah, LOL. He won DROY last season.

I noticed your sig, and that is true, Ty Law cannot cover 3 different talented WRs at the same time, but he can take out 1 and the other 2 are unproven and our other cornerbacks are pretty good as well. Most importantly, the lions will benefit from not seeing John Abraham due to him holding out.

Archived