Here's why I worried about Coles

Green Jets & Ham

I took a ton of heat for expressing reservations about Coles ... all based on that toe and not on his talent ... well a few days into camp and already we have this from the star ledger

WR Laveranues Coles pulled up lame near the end of practice yesterday afternoon (the lone full- squad session) and appeared to injure his right toe or foot. The extent of the injury is unknown. Coles walked gingerly off the practice field, though he took time to greet Edwards' pregnant wife, Lia.

Last season, Coles had an arthritic right big toe that nagged him all season. The Redskins wanted him to have surgery, but he refused, a disagreement that hastened his departure.

:(

I wont be able to sleep now!

Did anybody catch this? I would like to see just how it happened and what was done, did he skip off on 1 leg? Did the medical staff take a look at him? I need DETAILS people........DETAILS!!

I think I offered details when this trade was going down ... a million times ... but no-one wanted to hear me

And those who did hear me wanted to shoot the messanger

The man has a CHRONIC TOE AILMENT ... it's a big part of the reason the Skins wanted him out ... because that toe became a chronic issue and he refused to have it surgically addressed

The one thing I asked for at the time was an extensive physical, and to NOT offer a clear bill of health if it wasn't entirely justified, only to justify the trade ... A LEGIT CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH ... otherwise, do not trade for DAMAGED GOODS

If I said that once I said it a million times

Got attacked for saying it, but I kept on saying it

Needless to say, I DO NOT want to be proven right :(

Well it cant be that bad because no other newspapers really talked about it at all.

And besides, I keep hearing how he walks with this limp because of the toe problem, but when he runs his routes he cuts on a dime and shows no problems at all with his foot..........

Gotta be Coles pimp walk :lol:

I think I offered details when this trade was going down ... a million times ... but no-one wanted to hear me

And those who did hear me wanted to shoot the messanger

The man has a CHRONIC TOE AILMENT ... it's a big part of the reason the Skins wanted him out ... because that toe became a chronic issue and he refused to have it surgically addressed

The one thing I asked for at the time was an extensive physical, and to NOT offer a clear bill of health if it wasn't entirely justified, only to justify the trade ... A LEGIT CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH ... otherwise, do not trade for DAMAGED GOODS

If I said that once I said it a million times

Got attacked for saying it, but I kept on saying it

Needless to say, I DO NOT want to be proven right :(

Sad thing is even if we had to completely cut off Coles's big toe and left him with just 4 toes on 1 foot, he would still be a better reciever than Santana Moss.

from TheJournalNews

Training room: DT Dewayne Robertson, CB Pete Hunter, QB Jay Fiedler and WR Jonathan Carter were sore after the first two days of practice and rested yesterday. ... Edwards said the team would have two intense practices today. ... Edwards reported no injuries after a day of one-hour special-teams practice in the morning and a regular practice in the afternoon.

Jets | Coles Practices, Good to Go

Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:44:40 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets WR Laveranues Coles (heel) practiced during both sessions Monday, Aug. 1, and is fine. Head coach Herman Edwards said that Coles previously just hit his heel and is all right.

Was at camp yesterday saw the play happen, he was coming back on the ball and thats when it happened,

they were on the grass field not artifical. He walked back and called someone else in. I noticed he was grabbing his calf. He was limping going to eat later after practice too.

And the toe caused him to only catch how many TDs last year?

He only caught one touchdown, but had a couple of NFL Europe type QB's throwing him the ball. The Skins offense was abysmal and Coles still had 90 catches (and started all 16 games).

Archived