Jets training camp: Monday whispers - Latest Update

Smizzy

Jets training camp: Monday whispers

Herman Edwards ripped into his team Monday morning By Dan Leberfeld

Date: Aug 1, 2005

If you wonder why Chad Pennington's deep ball hasn't been great thus far, there is a good reason.

"Over seven months, I

P Ben Graham put on quite a punting display during the afternoon practice, with a couple punts that had over a 5.0 hang-time. He also had a 70-yard punt.

A 70 yard punt, holy smokes. Ehh better cut him just in case he MIGHT make a mistake on a hold. No use in taking a chance on guy that can punt the ball 70 yards!! :^o:^o

One reason the Jets have limited safety Jon McGraw in practice is that he still isn't 100 percent healed from off-season groin surgery. The doctors told the Jets coaches if he comes back to soon, he could suffer the same injury again . . .

Not this again. Will this guys ever stay on the field?

S Pete Hunter, who had off-season knee surgery, is still having issues with the knee. It has been swelling up on him . . .

It wouldn't suprise me if Pete Hunter was told to play safety or pack up his things. This guy is Aarron Beasley II.

1. The thing that worries me about Graham is just how fast does he get the punts off? We cant have him take too long or it will get blocked. I havent see him punt so I cant say

2. Harry Williams and Chas Gessner. Both of these guys better make the team.

1. The thing that worries me about Graham is just how fast does he get the punts off? We cant have him take too long or it will get blocked. .

Yeah, I mean Australian Rules Football players never punt under pressure with guys trying to tackle them or block their kicks. Oh, wait. Yes they do. In fact, that's all they do, isn't it? Lining up with a directly snapped ball in your hands and ten guys blocking in front of him, my guess is getting the punts off won't be an issue. Plus, Graham is a bruiser. He'll tackle like mofo if he has to. Any chance we can get him a Jersey with horizontal stripes--one that would make him feel more "at home"? I'd get one if they were available. Except it might make me look fat. That's why I mugged a kid walking home from his job at Footlocker. Those shirts are so slimming in the right light.

Herman Edwards ripped into the team during the morning practice.

"I think they needed to understand that we need some violence, not a pillow fight," said Edwards.

Herm has such a mangina. He should go back to manning the grill.

:sarc:

Yeah, I mean Australian Rules Football players never punt under pressure with guys trying to tackle them or block their kicks. Oh, wait. Yes they do. In fact, that's all they do, isn't it? Lining up with a directly snapped ball in your hands and ten guys blocking in front of him, my guess is getting the punts off won't be an issue. Plus, Graham is a bruiser. He'll tackle like mofo if he has to. Any chance we can get him a Jersey with horizontal stripes--one that would make him feel more "at home"? I'd get one if they were available. Except it might make me look fat. That's why I mugged a kid walking home from his job at Footlocker. Those shirts are so slimming in the right light.

You misunderstood what I was saying.

What I mean is he might take too long for his leg to finish the ball. Maybe thats why he has so much power? Like I said I havent see him punt so I cant tell ya. But I'd be curious to see if he gets his punts off as fast as a seasoned nfl vet like Knorr.

What I mean is he might take too long for his leg to finish the ball. Maybe thats why he has so much power? Like I said I havent see him punt so I cant tell ya. But I'd be curious to see if he gets his punts off as fast as a seasoned nfl vet like Knorr.

You're talking to Mr. Mechanics over here. If he can fix Giambi's problem well then he's a god damn genius.

I didn't misunderstand, Barton. I hear you. "Who the hell knows for sure?" is the right answer, but then how would I get the thread hijacked towards a more fashion friendly audience?

Archived