GB wants a 2nd round pick for Favre.

JETSFAN5180

Guys its not happening, so dont even bother getting your hopes up.

Mangini drafted Kellen Clemens in the 2nd round of the 2006 draft for a reason--he wanted him to be the future. There is no way in hell that Tangini is going to abandon their plans for the future, and give not only a draft pick, but an entirely new contract to a QB who will be turning 39 in the 2nd month of the season, and has played the "retire or stay" game at least the past three seasons.

My guess is the Jets are feigning interest to raise the price for their competitors (Wouldn't be surprised if either the Bills or Phins were interested, if not both).

Although I did read somehwere about the possibilty of a 3 way trade with the Bears...We get Favre from the Packers, send Chad to the Bears, and the Bears send a draft pick to GB. Not a bad idea, but I doubt the Bears are going to give up anything for Pennington at this point.

Yeah he sucks. It's not like he had a 95 QB rating or anything last year. You're insane.

He just has a special type of love to Pennington.

It has nothing to do with Chad, Im assuming they want Clemens to start.

MadMike... seriously... your going to use QB rating? One of the stats everyone always says means nothing... lol

Chad Pennington has an 89 career rating... Favre has an 86 career rating...

It doesnt mean much...

Chad Pennington averages 7.2 yards per passing attempt...

Brett Favre averages 7.0 yards per passing attempt...

You can unload all the stats in the world spinning in your direction and I can do the same... I can make Chad Fing Pennington look like he is better than Favre on paper... thats why your rating argument means nothing...

Face the facts... Favre is 38 and played in a weak NFC... he will be torn apart in the AFC

MadMike... seriously... your going to use QB rating? One of the stats everyone always says means nothing... lol

It doesnt mean much...

You can unload all the stats in the world spinning in your direction and I can do the same... I can make Chad Fing Pennington look like he is better than Favre on paper... thats why your rating argument means nothing...

Face the facts... Favre is 38 and played in a weak NFC... he will be torn apart in the AFC

You're an extra special level of obsessed and delusional. Does Chode have a restraining order against you? I think he should.

You're an extra special level of obsessed and delusional. Does Chode have a restraining order against you? I think he should.

Has nothing to do with Chad... I was actually using Chad as an example to support your theory that he sucks...

My point was if he sucks... why is he better at those stats than favre and why is someone using them to say favre is good.

Your obsessed with thinking Im obsessed with Chad...

Guys its not happening, so dont even bother getting your hopes up.

Mangini drafted Kellen Clemens in the 2nd round of the 2006 draft for a reason--he wanted him to be the future. There is no way in hell that Tangini is going to abandon their plans for the future, and give not only a draft pick, but an entirely new contract to a QB who will be turning 39 in the 2nd month of the season, and has played the "retire or stay" game at least the past three seasons.

My guess is the Jets are feigning interest to raise the price for their competitors (Wouldn't be surprised if either the Bills or Phins were interested, if not both).

Although I did read somehwere about the possibilty of a 3 way trade with the Bears...We get Favre from the Packers, send Chad to the Bears, and the Bears send a draft pick to GB. Not a bad idea, but I doubt the Bears are going to give up anything for Pennington at this point.

This doesn't hurt Clemens at all.

It doesnt mean much...

So what means something genius? His 4000K+ Yards? His 28 TD's. He's HEADS AND SHOULDERS better then Pennington or Clemens. BTW what was Pennington's QB rating last year? How about Clemens.

Those INT's come with lots of TD's. Neither of the jets 2 mediocre QB's can say that.

the Jets aren't going to win a SB because of Farve. He's better than Chad/Clemens but he's flat out not that good to carry the team on his back. Maybe 10 years ago but not now.

If the jets are going to have success this year it's going to running the ball first not throwing gunslinger passes all over the field.

the Jets aren't going to win a SB because of Farve. He's better than Chad/Clemens but he's flat out not that good to carry the team on his back. Maybe 10 years ago but not now.

If the jets are going to have success this year it's going to running the ball first not throwing gunslinger passes all over the field.

Forget about the super bowl. They aren't going there with Clemens or Pennington EVER. Get me to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

ESPN reported this.Why not???????? Arent we supposed to acquire a 2nd round pick for Vilma. Favre for Vilma. Is Chad holding this deal up and what would we do with Chad if this was the scenario.Trade him cut him??????

Are you serious? Brett Favre is seriously in his prime despite his age and I would love to do this trade. If the FO doesn't do this trade, I'll be so pi$$ed off!

Brett Favre to the jets makes sense... theres no way any real jet fan wouldnt be excited if that deal happen... no way..not after the terrible anguish of watching this team with chad and kellen

This is not fantasy football, where you can just deal for Tom Brady or Peyton Manning and make everything all right. But the Jets are presented with a unique and unexpected opportunity to trade for the NFL's all-time leader in touchdowns, yards, attempts and completions. Interceptions, too. Favre is available and he is coming off one of his best seasons with 4,155 yards, 28 TDs and 15 INTs. Pennington and Clemens combined for 3,294 yards, 15 TDs and 19 INTs...

Keep Chad in green . So long as it is in Green Bay. Chad, Baker and a conditional pick for Favre :-)

i'm not one that really wants favre but throwing in baker would make good sense. Green Bay is not happy to only have Donald Lee as their starter, they need hands from that unit, to go with their strong receiving corps.

You guys should go over Favre's 07 season. Check out their schedule and who they were beating and how bad they got crushed against the cowboys when favre was in.

He's not the same brett.

i think favre would definitely improve the team. we have such a great offensive line and a very improved defense all we are missing is a consistent qb, a big time player, and another good corner to go with revis. brett favre would look great in the green and white. i say offer bryan thomas for him, he slacked off last year and since the additions of calvin pace and vernon gholston, there might not be room for him. but one problem...does anyone notice favre is on the madden 09 cover....does anyone remember the madden curse? i dont want any more bull**** to happen to this team if he comes here....

Archived