The Jets' weak link(s)

BigOrangeJetFan

From all I've read, it seems that (in practice):

O Line is very much improved

D Line is very much improved

Linebacking is very much improved

DB play is much better

QB play (Pennington) will be better and perhaps adequate with a good line.

RB play should also improve w/Richardson/Chatman/Jones combo. So......what's not to like?

We still have Sutton and Schotty.

Agree?

Will they be more aggressive this year?

Im sorry but why placate our sh*tty Qb situation with sentiments such as " Qb play should be better with this line or that line". The bottom line is our QB's suck suck effing suck! Chad Pennington sucks, Kellen Clemens is garbage. There is no point of having a good o-line if there are sh*tty Qb's behind them.

I swear I'll rip my hair out if I have to watch another season of Chad effing up

I can't see Pennington throwing for more than 175 yards in a game.

ghost i know you want favre. i am rooting for kellen. but i respect chad a lot and i gotta say that if shotty effectively uses play action and works the middle of the field chad can throw for 200+ everygame.

chad can throw the deep ball, he just can't throw an effective 20 yard out. if schottenhiemer just calls for more down field throws i think you'll be pleasantly surprised by chad

ghost i know you want favre. i am rooting for kellen. but i respect chad a lot and i gotta say that if shotty effectively uses play action and works the middle of the field chad can throw for 200+ everygame.

chad can throw the deep ball, he just can't throw an effective 20 yard out. if schottenhiemer just calls for more down field throws i think you'll be pleasantly surprised by chad

I agree with you, Pennington is a great playaction passer but what about when they bring the blitz? Or we call a regular passing play? I'm tired of those little floaters that gets our players killed.

Im sorry but why placate our sh*tty Qb situation with sentiments such as " Qb play should be better with this line or that line". The bottom line is our QB's suck suck effing suck! Chad Pennington sucks, Kellen Clemens is garbage. There is no point of having a good o-line if there are sh*tty Qb's behind them.

I swear I'll rip my hair out if I have to watch another season of Chad effing up

no point of having a good O-line without great quarter backs? Maybe our starting running back will get more than one rushing touchdown this season. So your right there is no point.

no point of having a good O-line without great quarter backs? Maybe our starting running back will get more than one rushing touchdown this season. So your right there is no point.

The O-line as a unit is much, much more important than the position of QB.

NYJ: C. Pennington (11-21, 128

Do you see how inconsistent this child is? I'm not even going to continue with this bull**** trend, we have to face the facts. Pennington is not going to help us get to the next level.

He ****ing blows, excuse my french.

NYJ: C. Pennington (11-21, 128

Do you see how inconsistent this child is? I'm not even going to continue with this bull**** trend, we have to face the facts. Pennington is not going to help us get to the next level.

He ****ing blows, excuse my french.

What exactly is the 'next level'?

If by that you mean SB then I agree.

What exactly is the 'next level'?

If by that you mean SB then I agree.

No, I don't mean SB. We don't need a probowl QB, we just need someone who shows consistency and comes to play in the 4th Qtr. Silly turnovers are going to kill us, and I see Pennington have a lot of those.

I don't think you saw that game then. The Dolphins made a comeback and oh most won the game.

Yeah I did see the game. Our D was absolutely awful. Pennington done what he could though and done it well. Threw 2 TD's and ran for another. We ran all over them that day IIRC.

No, I don't mean SB. We don't need a probowl QB, we just need someone who shows consistency and comes to play in the 4th Qtr. Silly turnovers are going to kill us, and I see Pennington have a lot of those.

I can understand that he had a lot of them last season. He was playing from behind a lot and that's when he does really struggle. This season I don't think he'll be playing from behind too often. He will manage us to 10-11 victories and a playoff berth IMHO.

I can understand that he had a lot of them last season. He was playing from behind a lot and that's when he does really struggle. This season I don't think he'll be playing from behind too often. He will manage us to 10-11 victories and a playoff berth IMHO.

Excuse me, 10-11 NFL victories?

From all I've read, it seems that (in practice):

O Line is very much improved

D Line is very much improved

Linebacking is very much improved

DB play is much better

QB play (Pennington) will be better and perhaps adequate with a good line.

RB play should also improve w/Richardson/Chatman/Jones combo. So......what's not to like?

We still have Sutton and Schotty.

Agree?

Will they be more aggressive this year?

Hope is a wonderful thing and the team seems much better on paper. As far as how it looks in practice, there is no way that everybody is looking so good. The o-line looks good at the expense of the d-line and vice versa. The same with the QB v. DBs, etc. There is no way to tell a thing for certain at this point other than individual players are struggling/excelling.

As for the Ghost/IJ battle, Ghost you made a ridiculous comment and then ran about 20 posts of your own showing you are wrong. You don't see him throwing for over 175 in a game? The guy played in 9 games last year and in over half he went for more than that. Pennington could blow same as he did last year and he'd still have quite a few games over 175. Doesn't mean he is the "answer" or anybody wants him as starter.

He won 10 as little as two seasons ago with a much weaker team, How the **** is is so unrealistic for him to do it with this potentially great supporting cast?

It's not. It's unrealistic to expect he is going to win any big games against a real defense. It's also unrealistic to believe that in the event that we need a comeback with anything less than 4 minutes on the clock he is capable of doing it. And last I chacked the NFL game has become such that in many cases, the last team with the ball wins. But that aint gonna be us with old Mr. Glass behind center.

Also Durability is ALWAYS an issue. If he can somehow stay healthy we are ok, team improves, they depend on him to be their QB, time is invested in him, things are starting to click, offense begins to fire on all cylinders, Jets looking good. CRASH. Season over, Chad breaks down again. Team goes in a tailspin b/c the starting QB goes down. Happens EVERY Friggin TIME. Then everyone points to the fact that they lose without Chad, but the problem is EVERY team loses without their starting QB.

Jets need to move past this guy in the worst way. Bad planning, bad foresight. If it is necessity, I get it, but they need to plan their way past him ASAP. Selections of Kellen and Ainge are clearly them trying to do just that.

Hope is a wonderful thing and the team seems much better on paper. As far as how it looks in practice, there is no way that everybody is looking so good. The o-line looks good at the expense of the d-line and vice versa. The same with the QB v. DBs, etc. There is no way to tell a thing for certain at this point other than individual players are struggling/excelling.

As for the Ghost/IJ battle, Ghost you made a ridiculous comment and then ran about 20 posts of your own showing you are wrong. You don't see him throwing for over 175 in a game? The guy played in 9 games last year and in over half he went for more than that. Pennington could blow same as he did last year and he'd still have quite a few games over 175. Doesn't mean he is the "answer" or anybody wants him as starter.

People are too literal. It's an illustration. He's just trying to make a point.

"NO NO NO NO NO - He SAID it. 175 YARDS, THATS's WHAT HE SAID!!!"

Ok ok, we hear you. Now go stand in the corner with that Missouri Fan over there.

It's not. It's unrealistic to expect he is going to win any big games against a real defense. It's also unrealistic to believe that in the event that we need a comeback with anything less than 4 minutes on the clock he is capable of doing it. And last I chacked the NFL game has become such that in many cases, the last team with the ball wins. But that aint gonna be us with old Mr. Glass behind center.

Also Durability is ALWAYS an issue. If he can somehow stay healthy we are ok, team improves, they depend on him to be their QB, time is invested in him, things are starting to click, offense begins to fire on all cylinders, Jets looking good. CRASH. Season over, Chad breaks down again. Team goes in a tailspin b/c the starting QB goes down. Happens EVERY Friggin TIME. Then everyone points to the fact that they lose without Chad, but the problem is EVERY team loses without their starting QB.

Jets need to move past this guy in the worst way. Bad planning, bad foresight. If it is necessity, I get it, but they need to plan their way past him ASAP. Selections of Kellen and Ainge are clearly them trying to do just that.

I have no problem getting rid of Chad, but NOT to qb's that CAN"T beat him out of the starting position![-X

Archived