chad hatred?

CME24

I'm obviously new here but I have done a bit of searching around and found the general consensus to be that nobody is happy with our quarter back situation, not a surprise. Some say give chad one last shot others say put the ball in the unproven hands of Clemens, some even hope for favre to become a jet. As of now it seems that chad is going to be our starting quarter come September. So my question is why all the hating. Chad pennington had a great year in 04 he took us to the playoffs in the competetive AFC, don't get me wrong I would be the first to say that the past to seasons have been atrocius but the offensive line he played behind was reminiscent of a pop warner team. Despite that he remained one of the most accurate passers in NFL. So I say we give him one more go at it.

I'm obviously new here but I have done a bit of searching around and found the general consensus to be that nobody is happy with our quarter back situation, not a surprise. Some say give chad one last shot others say put the ball in the unproven hands of Clemens, some even hope for favre to become a jet. As of now it seems that chad is going to be our starting quarter come September. So my question is why all the hating. Chad pennington had a great year in 04 he took us to the playoffs in the competetive AFC, don't get me wrong I would be the first to say that the past to seasons have been atrocius but the offensive line he played behind was reminiscent of a pop warner team. Despite that he remained one of the most accurate passers in NFL. So I say we give him one more go at it.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

better put your hard hat on, the projectiles will be arriving soon

His 4th qtr passing rating was horrible last year with several pick 6's to lose games. He was 1-7. Clemens wasn't much better but he was better and he has the arm strength to stretch the field when we need to come back late in games. It's time for a change.

2004? Any other years you want to bring up? Maybe we get Gayle Sayers on our roster, he was good in his day...oh wait, he's dead, just like pennington's arm.

I'm not saying that were going to superbowl with chad. I'm saying that he is our best option. Let's be real here kellen Clemens threw more interceptions than touchdowns last season. Sure he might have a good arm bit we have no down field homerun hitter. Were just not that type of team.

I'm not saying that were going to superbowl with chad. I'm saying that he is our best option. Let's be real here kellen Clemens threw more interceptions than touchdowns last season. Sure he might have a good arm bit we have no down field homerun hitter. Were just not that type of team.

Penny could probably get us 10 wins but he would certainly get us bounced out of the playoffs in the first round.

I haven't met one person on here that thinks Kellen is amazing or will be dominant. People only want to see what he can do since nobody knows. We all know what Penny can do, and that is choke when the pressure is on and never get us back into a game when we are down by 10.

good person, ****ty quaterback.

Penny could probably get us 10 wins but he would certainly get us bounced out of the playoffs in the first round.

I haven't met one person on here that thinks Kellen is amazing or will be dominant. People only want to see what he can do since nobody knows. We all know what Penny can do, and that is choke when the pressure is on and never get us back into a game when we are down by 10.

good person, ****ty quaterback.

that is one amazing statement

heres a clue for you, you need to make the playoffs to even have a shot for the championship. But instead, since Chad will only get us 10 wins lets go for Kellen and maybe 6...after all, Chad will blow it in the playoffs anyway..

I don't know where you come up with your logic. Maybe you should avoid the frozen tundra a little more

that is one amazing statement

heres a clue for you, you need to make the playoffs to even have a shot for the championship. But instead, since Chad will only get us 10 wins lets go for Kellen and maybe 6...after all, Chad will blow it in the playoffs anyway..

I don't know where you come up with your logic. Maybe you should avoid the frozen tundra a little more

I'd like kellen to play well enough to earn the job. If he does he could get us anywhere from 8 to 12 wins. So yeah, i'd like to see kellen do well enough to get us a shot at something better than 10.

if chad is QB, so be it, we won't win anything great but we will beat the cardinals, dolphins and 49ers. yippie.

I'd like kellen to play well enough to earn the job. If he does he could get us anywhere from 8 to 12 wins. So yeah, i'd like to see kellen do well enough to get us a shot at something better than 10.

if chad is QB, so be it, we won't win anything great but we will beat the cardinals, dolphins and 49ers. yippie.

wow, you know that for a fact right? I just don't understand, apparently Mangini, you know the head coach, doesn't agree with you or KC would havew inherited the job already. You know sort of like in Green Bay. We will see how that works out too. Seems to me you want the same scenario here. The circumstances are quite similar actually, Rodgers is in his 3rd or 4th year, has not had the oppoirtunity to start because he couldn't beat out Favre. Fans are getting antsy because they feel Rodgers was a wasted high pic...

The Head coaches make all that money and you don't for a reason, lets see who knows more

Chad is our best option for this year. I can see 11 wins with the schedule we have. Clemens just doesn't have it. Next year we have to go get a QB. Favre isn't coming here anyway. The line is 100% better than last year. Our fullback is better. Were deeper at WR and RB. Our defense is better and deeper so that should help with Chad playing on shorter fields. Also dont forget our return team. Miller and Washington, wether they kick to them or squib it, 80% of the time we will have a shorter field than normal. So Chad is the best option for this year.

chadp.jpg

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.

It must have been cold there in my shadow,

to never have sunlight on your face.

You were content to let me shine, that's your way.

You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,

while you were the one with all the strength.

A beautiful face without a name for so long.

A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,

and everything I would like to be?

I can fly higher than an eagle,

'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,

but I've got it all here in my heart.

I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.

I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

You're everything I wish I could be.

I could fly higher than an eagle,

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?

You're everything, everything I wish I could be.

Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,

'cause you are the wind beneath my wings,

Oh, the wind beneath my wings.

You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly away. You let me fly so high.

Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.

Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,

so high I almost touch the sky.

Thank you, thank you,

thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.

27 year old, Stormin Mormon John beck > Kellen Clemons

Henne's looking good though.

Ah yes, the famous 27 year old second year player. :rl:

I post over at ThePhins.com and there hasn't been much good news from either Beck or Henne coming out of there. Oh and yes, John Beck vs. Kellen Clemens in Miami last year clearly proved that Beck is the better of the two. Thats why Bill Parcells drafted Chad Henne in the 2nd round. :rl:

I'm not saying that were going to superbowl with chad.

Thats a prudent choice of commentary on your part. You could say we're headed down the toiletbowl if Chad is our QB. You'd be a lot closer to the facts.

Thats a prudent choice of commentary on your part. You could say we're headed down the toiletbowl if Chad is our QB. You'd be a lot closer to the facts.

right because kellen Clemens is such an all star

But instead, since Chad will only get us 10 wins lets go for Kellen and maybe 6...after all, Chad will blow it in the playoffs anyway..

I heard this same argument this time last year. That at least we "know" we'll win 9-10 games with Pennington.

Don't get me wrong - if the rest of Clemens' camp looks like the first week, I'd put Suckington in there. I was for putting Clemens in last year to take his lumps because there was no way we had a superbowl team & that should have been obvious even last summer. But other than QB, the rest of this squad (on paper anyway) seems good enough. If that's the case, that is not the time to let a guy who's been unimpressive so far "take his lumps."

Anything can change over the next couple of weeks of camp, but right now - with a solid team overall - I'd have to say put the noodle in there. Odds are he won't make it through the season anyway.

Archived