push for lynch?

Jetkid94

Lynch at CB? Are you drunk?

However, if you thinking about bringing him in for the FS spot, then I'm all for it. He's a total upgrade of Elam. I don't think Elam has the talent to be a NFL starter.

I thought he was a CB? if not i'll edit that.

John Lynch has never been a Cornerback, he plays the position that Kerry Rhodes plays, Free Safety.

If Lynch decides to play in 2008 it will be in Kansas City with Herm.

Are you sure? Rhodes is a Strong Safety..Right?

if we sign Lynch maybe all the Pro Bowl voters will watch the Jets and watch a real safety: Kerry Rhodes and how he has been robbed of the Pro Bowl last season.

It would be nice for a Jet player to make the pro-bowl once.

Kerry moves around a lot. Although I always thought he lined up on the strong side more so than the weak side.

John Lynch is done though. Anyone who's seen him over the last 2 years could tell you that. I could see him going to the Pats.

i was wondering if anyone had seen him play...cause when i watched him, he looked like garbage...makes the pro-bowl on his name...which is just what jets fan want, i guess.

John Lynch has never been a Cornerback, he plays the position that Kerry Rhodes plays, Free Safety.

If Lynch decides to play in 2008 it will be in Kansas City with Herm.

Not that it's important, but Rhodes is a SS.

At season's end last year the starting FS was Elam

Well who gives a $hit what NFL.com says. Do you watch the games? :lol:

Got to admit - that's bad.

I could understand someone who doesn't go to the games making that mistake, as the camera isn't on the defensive backfield until the play is underway & even then only if a DB is in on (or near) the play. I think I made the same mistake with the same player a year or so ago.

But 124 goes to every home game & sees every play with his own eyes. And doesn't know what position the Jets' stud safety plays without looking it up on the internet.

Got to admit - that's bad.

I could understand someone who doesn't go to the games making that mistake, as the camera isn't on the defensive backfield until the play is underway & even then only if a DB is in on (or near) the play. I think I made the same mistake with the same player a year or so ago.

But 124 goes to every home game & sees every play with his own eyes. And doesn't know what position the Jets' stud safety plays without looking it up on the internet.

Doesn't it just depend on how you use the terminology?

In the old days we used "strong" (over the TE) and "weak" (weak non-TE side). Nobody wanted to be called weak and that side didn't have to cover the TE so they started to call it "free".

Now in the cover-who and most of its variants I think they just play right-left and the distinctions can become meaningless. With all the zone coverages used and LBs covering the TE I think a lot of people started calling the "strong" safety the one they cheat up to the LOS and the "free" safety the one that roams around. In this regard people may call Rhodes the FS even if he lines up strong side because IIRC Elam was used more in the box. That would be in contrast to EColeman who was pretty much pure FS.

I don't think I ever see enough of the field on TV to tell which side they are lining up on, but that's my take.

Doesn't it just depend on how you use the terminology?

In the old days we used "strong" (over the TE) and "weak" (weak non-TE side). Nobody wanted to be called weak and that side didn't have to cover the TE so they started to call it "free".

Now in the cover-who and most of its variants I think they just play right-left and the distinctions can become meaningless. With all the zone coverages used and LBs covering the TE I think a lot of people started calling the "strong" safety the one they cheat up to the LOS and the "free" safety the one that roams around. In this regard people may call Rhodes the FS even if he lines up strong side because IIRC Elam was used more in the box. That would be in contrast to EColeman who was pretty much pure FS.

I don't think I ever see enough of the field on TV to tell which side they are lining up on, but that's my take.

I don't honestly care; they're both safeties.

124 and I just like busting each others chops. I can't say that I bust his balls since 124 apparently has none - getting drunk & passing on Gainzo's couch out after 3 Coors Light's or whatever it was, despite being the size of Blaster from Thunderdome.

I don't honestly care; they're both safeties.

124 and I just like busting each others chops. I can't say that I bust his balls since 124 apparently has none - getting drunk & passing on Gainzo's couch out after 3 Coors Light's or whatever it was, despite being the size of Blaster from Thunderdome.

A Thunderdome reference? I stopped paying any real attention after the Toecutter. It all got way too homoerotic.

Archived