Is Chrebets still open?

4HCrew

Yes its still open, me and a few friends went on 7/26 after the morning session and after the afternoon session. The bartenders are real cool. We drank & ate at least $215 and they charged us $107. They said that if we came back after the afternoon session they would give us free rounds, we ordered some food and drank about 3 rounds and they came through we paid for only the food!!

Yes its still open, me and a few friends went on 7/26 after the morning session and after the afternoon session. The bartenders are real cool. We drank & ate at least $215 and they charged us $107. They said that if we came back after the afternoon session they would give us free rounds, we ordered some food and drank about 3 rounds and they came through we paid for only the food!!

is it true that wayne makes his way to all the people?

is it true that wayne makes his way to all the people?

Dude me and my friends were eating and the bartender was like are you Wayne fans and of course we said yes, and he said turn around and he was right there.. he signed autographs and took pics with everyone..

• 1 year later...

It's now called Bar Social. I was at an event there recently... it's very out of place in that neighborhood. The upstairs has kind of an upscale sports bar feel to it, while the downstairs is more of a lounge. They were promoting that the chef was a contestant on Top Chef..

I heard that Chrebet still has some ownership stake...

It used to be Bogarts, a Hofstra bar. Or a high school bar. Chrebet changed that, for the summer atleast. School started and he knew the only way it was going to make money was to make it a Hofstra Bar again.

Only way Hofstra Bars succeed is by letting in 17 year olds and having penny beers.

It was doomed from day one. Mostly because of the neighborhood its in.

He loved that spot because he probably went there when it was Bogarts and picked up college freshman at will. Who wouldn't love a place like that. He should have done it somewhere else, or not called it Chrebets.

Archived