The Blackout Rap Thread: MERGED

Blackout

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and these guys have problems holding onto their wealth? With names like bowow and the game you'd think they'd already be financially savy. Glad they are looking into such investments as Madden. I hope they don't get hit by a train or anything. It would be terrible to lose such imporant figures.

and these guys have problems holding onto their wealth? With names like bowow and the game you'd think they'd already be financially savy. Glad they are looking into such investments as Madden. I hope they don't get hit by a train or anything. It would be terrible to lose such imporant figures.

to them 100k is like 5bucks.. Bow Wow has his own cholthing line and Label.. as well as The Game has Blackwall street so these guys have plenty of money to throw around.. they just dont have money to give to people like they owe someone something..

let them waste there money how they want.. no one said anything when they were making it by themselves

• 1 month later...

WHITE PLAINS, New York (AP) -- An autopsy has revealed that a man found dead in a suitcase in a suburban park was a drug "mule" who had 50 packets of heroin in his body and probably died when one or two of them broke open.

Investigators expressed surprise that the man's body had not been cut open for the drugs. The heroin would have been worth an estimated $100,000 on the streets, Westchester County police spokesman Kieran O'Leary said Tuesday.

The man, estimated to be 50 to 60 years old, has not been identified. Investigators aren't sure who put him in the suitcase found last Thursday in Tibbetts Brook Park in Yonkers, just north of New York City.

But it probably wasn't the drug dealers who were expecting the man's shipment, because they likely would have cut his body open for the drugs, O'Leary said.

"We've seen that on occasions in the past," O'Leary said. "How he got to the park with the drugs still inside him is still a piece of the puzzle."

Detective Lt. Christopher Calabrese theorized that other mules, not wanting the dealers to cut open the corpse, bought the suitcase and dumped the body before the dealers came to collect the drugs.

"I'm very surprised this guy's not been cut open," he said.

Detectives believe the man traveled from the Dominican Republic.

While the man's cause of death had not been confirmed, one or two of the packets inside him were broken, O'Leary said. There was no outward sign of violence or trauma.

The man probably died a day or two before he was found, the spokesman said.

The body was discovered when a parks worker went to remove the abandoned black canvas suitcase near the park's entrance and the victim's leg popped out.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/08/body.in.suitcase.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

• 4 months later...

Rapper Victor "Nore" Santiago was reportedly arrested and charged with a misdemeanor following a physical altercation at a Miami Beach fast food restaurant over the weekend.

The alleged incident took place early Sunday (February 22) morning.

Police said he disrupted the "normal flow of business" at a Fatburger by yelling at another customer, ripping up a bouquet of flowers and throwing a cup filled with a yellow liquid at the customer.

Following his actions, Nore reportedly struck the victim.

Authorities said the rapper punched the man in the face, and yelled "Do you know who I am?" Santiago was charged with misdemeanor battery and disorderly conduct; he was taken to the Miami-Dade county jail and released. It was not immediately clear whether he has retained a lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

Crooked I's name has been in the news non-stop since the shooting incident a few weeks ago, but the Long Beach MC is back to let the music do the talking and do what he does best: rap. We just got a hold of a brand new cut called "I'm Still A MC", which is produced by in-house producer Komplex. The song is the first leak from his upcoming "B.O.S.S." album, which will be available for free download.

"I'm leaking this song first just to give them a sneak preview of what "B.O.S.S." is gonna sound like" Crooked I exclusively told Dubcnn. "I'm gonna be performing this song at the Paid Dues festival, so I want them to hear some of the stuff first."

What made Crooked I decide to put out another free project?

"I'm about to take a whole other lane, and I'm trying to think of a creative way to give people the album. I might set up a website where all the fans can sign up and download the album for free. I'm not a hard dude to negotiate with, but if you're a distribution company and you tell me you want 80% of my digital money, I'm not putting out my record with you! So I might as well give it to my fans for free opposed to put it out with a label, since they make all the money. I'm trying to make this a special delivery for the fans, and they get mad about that. But yo, I just want to cut out the middle man and give it straight to you, cause 9 times out of 10 the middle man tries to **** me and the fans."

He also talked about the fans' expectations for the album: "My fans might **** with me on this one, or they might not. We'll see. But I love them for supporting me all this time. I know they wanna be able to purchase stuff, because you can't say Crooked I is one of the best rappers ever if Crooked I don't have record sales that back it up. The flow is there, but the record sales have to be there too. And I think a lot of my fans, they can't win those classic arguments that we all have about who's the best MC."

Crooked I then revealed to Dubcnn that he just got back from working on new music with the Wake Up Show's King Tech. "We made some crazy records. We made 7 songs in one day." he said. "I think that's my new direction, the sound is totally different. It's the same quality music, but tomorrow's not promised, so I wanna express myself to the fullest now. If it's a whole song about the bull**** going on in the hood or a relative that passed away, whatever it is, I just wanna express all my feelings."

Last but not least, Crooked I commented on the cell phone footage of the shooting, which was posted online last week. "I saw the footage and I tried to get the sites to take it down. I called several people and told them to take it down the same day. Nobody wants to see some **** like that. But we're trying to find that guy who posted it in the first place, but what can I do man. It is what it is now."

Stay tuned to Dubcnn for more info on "B.O.S.S.". Until then, check out the song "I'm Still A MC" produced by Komplex.

http://www.dubcnn.com/media/audio/crookedi-imstillamc

I love how he's picking on soulja boy. As ****ty as soulja boy is, he's a ****ing smart business man. And seriously, real "MC's" pick on people who are "rivals". If soulja boy is his hip-hop rival..then, uhh...

LOL have you ever heard of ice-t?

Grammy-winning rapper Kanye West has been officially charged with three criminal counts due to his publicized attack on a photographer at Los Angeles International airport last fall.

Along with Ye, manager Don Crawley was also charged.

The rapper has been charged with three misdemeanor counts of vandalism, grand theft and battery stemming from a scuffle with a paparazzo at LAX in September 2008. Kanye's manager Don Crawley was also charged with two counts each of vandalism, grand theft and battery. (Extra TV)

Early reports predicted that Ye would receive a handful of charges.

The Los Angeles city attorney is expected today (March 18) to file three misdemeanor charges against rapper and producer Kanye West in connection with a scuffle with paparazzi at Los Angeles International Airport. The decision by city prosecutors to pursue several charges -- expected to be misdemeanor vandalism, battery and grand theft -- comes six months after the Los Angeles County district attorney's office declined to pursue felony charges. (Los Angeles Times)

Ye faces time behind bars if a judge does not rule in his favor next month.

If convicted of all charges, West could face up to two years and six months in jail, while Crawley could face up to five years, he said. Their arraignment hearing is set for April 14 at the Los Angeles Airport Courthouse. (CNN)

Archived