AJ Burnett owns the Yankees

Matt39

He's declining, but don't let the facts get in the way of your eyes.

Attention everyone: don't disagree with Matt39. He has eyes. He watches the games. His eyes are infallible.

I'd rather watch the games than read the box score the next day. Just saying.

I'll be the first to say this team sucks, but A-Rod is still one of the best players in baseball and Giambi is still one of the best first basemen in baseball. ONe game doesn't change that.

I agree with you on A-rod. He's gotten a bad rap, but why you continually defend Giambi and make statements like "Giambi is still one of the best first basemen" is beyond me. This is Giambi in a nutshell, he walks, strikes out, or hits the occasional home run. You take the OPS argument way too literally. Giambi is possibly the worst fielding first basemen in all of baseball and that is saying a lot as I have to watch Delgado every day. Obviously Giambi's OBP and OPS are going to be inflated because he draws a lot of walks. He is nothing more than a glorified Jack Cust.

I agree with you on A-rod. He's gotten a bad rap, but why you continually defend Giambi and make statements like "Giambi is still one of the best first basemen" is beyond me. This is Giambi in a nutshell, he walks, strikes out, or hits the occasional home run. You take the OPS argument way too literally. Giambi is possibly the worst fielding first basemen in all of baseball and that is saying a lot as I have to watch Delgado every day. Obviously Giambi's OBP and OPS are going to be inflated because he draws a lot of walks. He is nothing more than a glorified Jack Cust.

9 Jack Custs would go 162-0. His OPS told me so.

• 7 months later...

Archived