Patriot Fans- Look at them Scramble!!!

Smizzy

First...Ty Law would never come to NY...Why would he ever want to play for Herm & the 36 years and counting Jets?

Then it was....Well Ty Law is damaged goods anyway...but that wasn't untill he was out of NE for sure..because 2 weeks prior he was " still a good CB" :roll:

Now that jets are close to singing Ty and what do we hear?

"Ahhh haaa you are gonna lose Ray Mickens if you sign Ty Law?"

" Now John Abe won't get a longtern deal!!"

Did someone slip a mickey in my coca-cola?

Losing a guy who plays 6-8 games a season and a career nickle back is going to kill us?

Does anybody else find this amusing?

NOW TY LAW IS ANTONIO WINFIELD? Why would it matter if Ty is such a bad signing and will cripple our team? Why would it matter if he goes to STL?

WHY?

It became very obvious to me by the 2nd reply in the Ty Law thread how the pats fans realy,truely felt about this deal...

THEY HATE TY LAW WOULD EVEN CONSIDER NY...THIS IS WADE BOGGS AND CLEMENS ALL OVER AGAIN...So to see Ty Law in Jet Green...you know burns their ass...you know they are all rooting for this deal to fall thru and/ or him to get injured for us week 1.

**** the Pats!!!

First...Ty Law would never come to NY...Why would he ever want to play for Herm & the 36 years and counting Jets?

Then it was....Well Ty Law is damaged goods anyway...but that wasn't untill he was out of NE for sure..because 2 weeks prior he was " still a good CB" :roll:

Now that jets are close to singing Ty and what do we hear?

"Ahhh haaa you are gonna lose Ray Mickens if you sign Ty Law?"

" Now John Abe won't get a longtern deal!!"

Did someone slip a mickey in my coca-cola?

Losing a guy who plays 6-8 games a season and a career nickle back is going to kill us?

Does anybody else find this amusing?

NOW TY LAW IS ANTONIO WINFIELD? Why would it matter if Ty is such a bad signing and will cripple our team? Why would it matter if he goes to STL?

WHY?

It became very obvious to me by the 2nd reply in the Ty Law thread how the pats fans realy,truely felt about this deal...

THEY HATE TY LAW WOULD EVEN CONSIDER NY...THIS IS WADE BOGGS AND CLEMENS ALL OVER AGAIN...So to see Ty Law in Jet Green...you know burns their a$$...you know they are all rooting for this deal to fall thru and/ or him to get injured for us week 1.

**** the Pats!!!

Smizz,

Go take care of your woody, you don't want to have BB in the morning.

The Jets severly overpay for a 31-year old CB coming off a major injury, and you are happy about that?

Whatever. :P:P:P

Smizz,

The Jets severly overpay for a 31-year old CB coming off a major injury, and you are happy about that?

What does Chad Brown's contract look like?

What does Chad Brown's contract look like?

No clue, but I'm willing to bet that it is not in the "Ty Law stratosphere" type of contract.

Players from other teams sign with the Pats for far less money to win a Super Bowl.

The Jets don't have that luxury.

36 years and still counting tends to drive the price up. :wink:

No clue, but I'm willing to bet that it is not in the "Ty Law stratosphere" type of contract.

Players from other teams sign with the Pats for far less money to win a Super Bowl.

Hey TX...... Place both lips firmly apon my ass cheeks and smoock it big fella.

tex, and if the jets lost out on LAW..you'd be the first one to say WE suck because we couldnt land him...supposedly its an incentive deal...IF he gets hurt he makes no money...well, atleast the bulk of it...

It will be a decade plus before the Pats see the Super Bowl again.

So laugh all you like....your era of greatness is over. :wink:

It's actually $750,000 this season and $800,000 next. Here's the kicker though. He didn't sign it from the confines of one of these yo.

DS108_175adj.gif

Patriots signed LB Chad Brown to a two-year, $4 million contract that will pay him $1.5 million this season.

The 34-year-old Brown chose the Patriots over the Broncos, Saints, and Steelers.

Source: ESPN.com

Well then, I guess NFLPA lied to me. Either that or they didn't count the signing bonus. Either way, it's a far cry from $6 mil a year.

Well then, I guess NFLPA lied to me. Either that or they didn't count the signing bonus. Either way, it's a far cry from $6 mil a year.

Decent signing at either price tag Alk....same goes for Law.

Jets just have to ensure they protect themselves in the contract against injury if the foot isn't right.

Smizz,

So you've seen the structure of the deal already?

What was Woodson worth at age 31? Darrell Green?

Ty Law is not just some guy. You ought to know that - and I think you do.

This may or not be a great move. I happen to love it,but hey, I have been wrong before - on occasion. :D

This move fits. Assuming it gets done of course.

34 is what Law will be in year three of the deal. Year three.

Small difference.

Also, let's be fair. NE has a championship resume and we are a team looking for its first title in years. Easier for you guys to get players to sign at a discount. It's sort of apples to oranges in that vein.

So you've seen the structure of the deal already?

What was Woodson worth at age 31? Darrell Green?

Ty Law is not just some guy. You ought to know that - and I think you do.

This may or not be a great move. I happen to love it,but hey, I have been wrong before - on occasion. :D

This move fits. Assuming it gets done of course.

Meddle,

1). No I haven't. I'm just going by what has been "speculated" in the media. Probably not a good thing to do. :wink:

2). Woodson and Green were well worth it at 31. So is Ty Law.

3). Ty Law is still a top 3 CB. He drastically improves the Jets secondary immediately.

4). The Jets FO would be idiots if they screw this move up at the last minute.

Meddle,

1). No I haven't. I'm just going by what has been "speculated" in the media. Probably not a good thing to do. :wink:

2). Woodson and Green were well worth it at 31. So is Ty Law.

3). Ty Law is still a top 3 CB. He drastically improves the Jets secondary immediately.

4). The Jets FO would be idiots if they screw this move up at the last minute.

Just wanted to quote Tx's official response. Before he changes it.

I knew Ty wasn't returning to the Pats and it doesn't bother me at all that he went to the Jets.

The funniest thing the last couple of days is seeing 99% of Jets fans saying they are Super Bowl bound.

Did you all forget that you have to score more points than you give up in order to win?

Pats O > Jets O

Defences are a wash at this point.

BB >>>>>>>> Herm

I knew Ty wasn't returning to the Pats and it doesn't bother me at all that he went to the Jets.

The funniest thing the last couple of days is seeing 99% of Jets fans saying they are Super Bowl bound.

Did you all forget that you have to score more points than you give up in order to win?

Pats O > Jets O

Defences are a wash at this point.

BB >>>>>>>> Herm

Pats O > Jets O?

Really? LMAO...who is brady throwing too? who's blocking for him?

Jets O >>>>> Pats O

Pats O > Jets O?

Really? LMAO...who is brady throwing too? who's blocking for him?

Jets O >>>>> Pats O

Smizz, could be the dumbest thing you have said on this board.

The Pats were 4th in the NFL in offense, while the Jets were 17th.

The Pats average more than 7 points a game more than the Jets.

Your noodle-armed QB hasn't even thrown the ball more than 30 yards and you say the Jets have a better offense? :shock:

Brady >>>>>>>>>> PennyBoy

Dillon > CuMar

Pats Oline > Jets Oline

Pats WR (1-5) > Jets WR's (1-5)

AV > Wasted 2nd Round Pick

So exactly where is the Jets offense better?

Smizz, could be the dumbest thing you have said on this board.

The Pats were 4th in the NFL in offense, while the Jets were 17th.

The Pats average more than 7 points a game more than the Jets.

Your noodle-armed QB hasn't even thrown the ball more than 30 yards and you say the Jets have a better offense? :shock:

Brady >>>>>>>>>> PennyBoy

Dillon > CuMar

Pats Oline > Jets Oline

Pats WR (1-5) > Jets WR's (1-5)

AV > Wasted 2nd Round Pick

So exactly where is the Jets offense better?

Mike Heimerdinger >> Pats OC

Wasted 2nd Round Pick? This little comment right here makes every and anything you say NULL & VIOD.

How is a guy who hasn't kicked 1 ball in the NFL wasted pick?

This might be the STUPIDEST thing you have ever said,period(.)

I know you homerism blinds you for the most part.....but this is ridiclious.

The Pats were 4th in the NFL in offense
That was before losing how many starters on offense,including the OC?

The kicker may or may not be a "wasted" pick. As Smizzy said, he hasn't made a regular season kick yet. So, fellas, you're both wrong! :lol:

Sorry Garb, I respectfully disagree with you.

Anytime a teams wastes a 2nd round pick on a friggn' kicker, they will never recoup that investment.

Dumb move.

Good/great kickers can be had in the 6th and 7th rounds or UDFA and the Jets waste a 2nd rounder on one.

Same old Jets. :shock:

Sorry Garb, I respectfully disagree with you.

Anytime a teams wastes a 2nd round pick on a friggn' kicker, they will never recoup that investment.

Dumb move.

Good/great kickers can be had in the 6th and 7th rounds or UDFA and the Jets waste a 2nd rounder on one.

Same old Jets. :shock:

Same old Tx. :shock:

The Pats O is better than the Jets O. Simple as that. How many points did the vaunted Jets O put up in the Playoffs last year?

The Pats have added a rejuvenated David Terrell, SB MVP Deion Branch and have Ben Watson back and also have the best pressure QB in the game.

I'm not concerned about the losses of Patten and Andruzzi. We won Super Bowls with no-name guys on the o-line and Patten has missed many games over the past two seasons with injury.

Penny is coming off surgery and hasn't played a full NFL season. Curtis is 100 years old and you have a new coordinator which means new terminology and a learning curve.

Archived