For those who've been at the practices...

sirlancemehlot

I'm curious as to the progress of a few players that have thus far, gotten little media attention. Any info would be appreciated:

1. Adrian Jones. Has he looked solid? How's his run-blocking?

2. Justin McCareins. Have heard a lot of WR news, but his name hasn't come up much. Does he look a step ahead in the dinger's new O? J. Carter? Cotch?

3. D-line. I know Ellis is doing his job, but what about Thomas? Is the Fergy loss obvious, or is it too soon to tell?

4. Safety. I heard Lil' Mickens laid a big back out behind the LOS. But I haven't heard of any safeties making noise. Anything to report?

Not looking for pages here, just a few tidbits and opinions on any of the above that those who've been present can offer. Thanks.

My sample size is small. I have only been to the Albany practice. Going to Hofstra soon though. But based mainly on yesterday here are my thoughts on some of the questions that you asked.

1. Adrian Jones. Has he looked solid? How's his run-blocking?

I was talking with TomShane about Adrian during the car ride back from Albany. I mentioned how much more comfortable Jones looked. He seemd to hold his own pass blocking against Strahan. Tom apparently saw a play that I missed (Jones got put to the ground). There was no sacking the QB so it was hard to tell.

Ultimately though I say he looked good. The whole line left something to be desired yesterday when run blocking. But Curtis wasn't in there either.

2. Justin McCareins. Have heard a lot of WR news, but his name hasn't come up much. Does he look a step ahead in the dinger's new O? J. Carter? Cotch?

He looked real good yesterday. From the people I talked to it sounds like he is having a good camp and is very comfortable. He was real impressive in the afternoon red zone drill with Chad and Fiedler. Unstoppable almost.

Cotchery? I have been hard on him in the past. But after yesterday I was sold. He is clearly the # 3 guy on this team. He was huge in the afternoon drills with Chad and Fiedler as well.

Jonathan Carter? He is not going to be on this team. There are too many other options are WR. His inconsistency is finally going to catch up to him come cut down day.

This is the question that needs to keep being asked. We'll get a part of the Answer, next Friday, when Detroit comes to town!

True. I think they will be okay. I am rooting for McGill myself. That boy is LARGE.

I've got to disagree on Cotchery. I thought he looked like crap. I saw several drops of easy passes.

McCariens and Gessner were brilliant.

Jones DID get taken to the ground by Strahan, but it was well after the pass was off.

Pouha looked pretty good when I was at camp... I don't know how much you can really judge the players from practice though some guys are just gamers and others are practice hero's.

I read somewhere that BT was being outplayed by some other DE I can't remember his name but he looked pretty good in passing drills when I was there I think his name was JOhnson or something he was a pretty average sized white guy. Looked like he would get chewed up against some big 300 pound mama joe's.

I've got to disagree on Cotchery. I thought he looked like crap. I saw several drops of easy passes.

You left early. Your vote doesn't count. The second you left, he started lighting it up! I think you scared him! :mrgreen:

Archived