Kev's update

Brenjetsfan

One Week In

08/04/05

We've been in camp for one week now. The first week is always the hardest because you know you won't hit anyone else but your own teammates. On top of that, your body is making the adjustment to all the hitting, headaches are a common occurance (tylenol should use players for commercials), and the heat is miserable. All is well though, Herm has backed off a little this week as we prepare to go up to Albany for our scrimmage with the Giants.

On Wednesday the defense pretty much handed it to the offense. There was little enthusiasm and no tempo by our offense, practice was pretty much one sided the whole afternoon. Not to be outdone, the offense bounced back tonight with some big plays and a little more excitement. Must be something about the lights coming on and playing at night time....maybe it's the cooler temperatures, whatever it is, we looked better tonight.

Tomorrow should be a lighter day in order for us to be fresh for the Giants. I am looking forward to that as it gives us a chance to see where we stack up with a different defense. I hate the drive up, but what are you gonna do? It's training camp and not a vacation. I'll let you know how it goes.

God Bless

So, who will be the third QB? The Jets surely need a third option. Chad staying healthy for an entire year is suspect at best, Fiedler has his injury woes too - especially the way he runs out of the pocket. Something to think about.

BTW - either Flutie or Davey will be available in a couple of weeks.

So, who will be the third QB? The Jets surely need a third option. Chad staying healthy for an entire year is suspect at best, Fiedler has his injury woes too - especially the way he runs out of the pocket. Something to think about.

BTW - either Flutie or Davey will be available in a couple of weeks.

Maybe Eakin... i always said it was a mistake to get rid of Ray. And we will NOT need a third string this year... oh scratch that... when we are clobbering the patsies 42- 0 .. Herm might want to give Chad and Jay a break ;)

garby... you can keep flutie... he has such charisma! :lol:

Maybe Eakin... i always said it was a mistake to get rid of Ray. And we will NOT need a third string this year... oh scratch that... when we are clobbering the patsies 42- 0 .. Herm might want to give Chad and Jay a break ;)

garby... you can keep flutie... he has such charisma! :lol:

Hey, have you heard? I HATE Doug Flutie. He looked like absolute crap the two times I saw him at camp too. Not that Rohan was any better. Matt Cassell was the best looking back-up I saw. No kidding. Any way you slice it, Pats are in BIG trouble if Brady goes down for a significant amount of time. May as well kiss the "drive for four of five" away....

Hey, have you heard? I HATE Doug Flutie. He looked like absolute crap the two times I saw him at camp too. Not that Rohan was any better. Matt Cassell was the best looking back-up I saw. No kidding. Any way you slice it, Pats are in BIG trouble if Brady goes down for a significant amount of time. May as well kiss the "drive for four of five" away....

really???? i never knew you hated flutie ;):lol: DUH!

BTW, Bumbelina, please do kiss and tell about yesterday's gathering. You obvioulsy made it home okay.....any emotional scars? :lol:

none that some intense therapy and high dose medication wont take care of! ;):lol:

Don't blame GG for this one, TX. It's all on me and I'm happy to do it. Stir the pot....and let it simmer :lol:

I mean, I basically called all Jets fans that went to the scrimmage wearing team player jersey's schmucks, and I get no kudos? You're slippin' there Cowboy.

Yes, yes it does. I get lot's of 'em for some reason...from a bunch of people. Some people are obviously under the wrong impression that I am approachable.... :lol:

Back to Football. The Pats had the entire weekend off. First pre-season game against Cincy this Thursday nite. I find pre-season (the first quarter, actually) painful to watch. I keep my fingers crossed the entire time. What a necessary evil, pre-season games are.

So, who will be the third QB?

Before we scare away all the new posters I will answer this one.

Kevin Eakin or a vet off the scrap heap. But it will not be Brooks Bollinger. No way.

You heard it hear first folks. We have no pride, so we are not afraid to speculate!

YEP she does...GGG was star struck when we saw him in Boston at the bar...she could not help from snapping her neck to see him. :lol: I called GARB rite away...she said tell DOUG FRUITY FLAKE I HATE HIM....

Archived