Amid Favre/Brady hoopla,,we have STUD bookend DBs

SouthernJet

Jenkins baby

No doubt that Jenkins is the lynch pin, but Ellis, Coleman, Thomas, and Pace played lights out also.

If the Jets front seven can continue playing like that, they are going to be a very difficult team to beat.

If Gholston should wake up.............................................

Shut down corners? Forgive me if I want to wait for more than one fair performance against a team with **** WRs and noodle arm. They did give up two TDs through the air. Shut down corners go full seasons without doing that.

I agree, I do think Dwight Lowery is a stud in the making though.

Lowery/Revis

ya baby,,shut down corners for years to come,,will help the pass rush huge over time

2008_Lowery_Dwight_Headshot_large.jpg?12109551882008_Revis_Darrelle_Headshot_large.jpg?1210946947

Last I checked Chad Pennington threw 2td's and was marching down the field taking shots at the endzone for the win... he had almost 300 yards as well....

I like both CB's, but lets not get crazy.... Chad Pennington and the Dolphins put up #'s against them.

No doubt that Jenkins is the lynch pin, but Ellis, Coleman, Thomas, and Pace played lights out also.

If the Jets front seven can continue playing like that, they are going to be a very difficult team to beat.

If Gholston should wake up.............................................

I really liked what I saw from our defense yesterday.Gholston's biggest problem is that he couldn't report until one day into training camp so he is way behind in trying to learn a new position.The good news is that every time he has stepped on the field he has shown improvement.He nearly had a sack yesterday.I believe there are going to be good times ahead with this defense.:)

Last I checked Chad Pennington threw 2td's and was marching down the field taking shots at the endzone for the win... he had almost 300 yards as well....

I like both CB's, but lets not get crazy.... Chad Pennington and the Dolphins put up #'s against them.

i have total confidence in what i saw from a 1 year guy and a rook,,these guys are studs in making...

The CBs did really well against the WRs. It was the TEs that hurt us

Many of those yards were to the TE and RB. Our LB's have problems covering in space ...

REC YDS AVG TD LG

A. Fasano 8 84 10.5 1 17

D. Martin 4 53 13.3 1 24

G. Camarillo 3 37 12.3 0 17

R. Brown 3 28 9.3 0 13

T. Ginn Jr. 2 17 8.5 0 14

R. Williams 4 15 3.8 0 15

yeah but chad threw 2 td's to TE. against cbs is a mismatch

Shut down corners? Forgive me if I want to wait for more than one fair performance against a team with **** WRs and noodle arm. They did give up two TDs through the air. Shut down corners go full seasons without doing that.

i was just thinking "didnt we play Chad"

Lowery/Revis

ya baby,,shut down corners for years to come,,will help the pass rush huge over time

2008_Lowery_Dwight_Headshot_large.jpg?12109551882008_Revis_Darrelle_Headshot_large.jpg?1210946947

Revis is playing like a real first-round pick. I think he will be a Pro-Bowl alternate at the worst. I would love to see more corner blitzes from him.

Lowery is my player of the game. Stopped Chadwick's passes on consecutive plays. Outstanding rookie debut IMO.

yes, but didnt pennington only have like 7 completions to WR's? Lowery and Revis controlled there guys. It was penningtons dink and dunks to Ricky and Ronnie that did the damage.

Just realized something. Obviously Moss is the only playmaker on offense the Pats have, without him having great games there screwed, and from what I remember Revis has been one of the only corners who shut Moss down last year.

If revis continues the great work against moss we should win the game.

and now vs arizona we get to put 2 solid corners on 2 solid WR's. people were upset, because Fitzgerald would command the double teams and boldin would have a big game, but now we can stick Lowery on Boldin, Revis on fitzy=no problem

1. The Dolphins O pretty much sucks. What offensive talent they do have is running the ball, not the passing game.

2. True that the TEs did most of the damage, but the CBs were covering them much of the time. On Martin's TD Lowery was man up with him.

3. Nobody is saying the CBs don't look good, but controlling Ted Ginn & Penny does not exactly make them Lester Hayes and Deion Sanders.

I agree about the let's get crazy part but don't understand your perception that Pennington owned our CB's.

He barely eclipsed 250 yards; that is hardly "almost 300" except in Penningtonland.

Next, he had those 251 yards because he completed 26 passes. That's 9.65 yards per COMPLETION, which is just pitiful and even worse than he did with the Jets last year.

Further, I think Camarillo & Ginn were Pennington's starting WR's and they combined for 54 yards & 0 TD's between them. I wouldn't exactly look at dinking & dunking underneath as picking our CB's apart in any sense.

And lastly, "taking shots at the endzone for the win" is now equated with getting it in the endzone for the win? Lol. The only reason he got that extra shot or two is because Coleman dropped the first pick he threw on that last drive.

Pennington sucks.

Archived