Ty Law

Smizzy

I'm curious. How many of you hated Ty Law when he was a Pat? Now that he's a Jet, he's cool, right? So, it's the jersey and not the player wearing the jersey, right? I say yes....but there are exceptions. When you REALLY dislike a player - for whatever reasons, silly or not, isn't it hard to cheer the guy on..regardless of the color uniform he is wearing? For example - my dislike of Doug Flutie is well-chronicled. I WILL NOT cheer for that man. If Warren Sap were to become a Pat I would puke. Ditto for the gnat, Wayne Chrebet.

I'm curious. How many of you hated Ty Law when he was a Pat? Now that he's a Jet, he's cool, right? So, it's the jersey and not the player wearing the jersey, right? I say yes....but there are exceptions. When you REALLY dislike a player - for whatever reasons, silly or not, isn't it hard to cheer the guy on..regardless of the color uniform he is wearing? For example - my dislike of Doug Flutie is well-chronicled. I WILL NOT cheer for that man. If Warren Sap were to become a Pat I would puke. Ditto for the gnat, Wayne Chrebet.

I can only speak for myself but I never hated Ty Law- this may be sacrilege as a moderator here but I do not even really hate the Pats. I hate the Giants and Dolphins and Raiders to name a few. There are certain players I would never want to see on the Jets though-Romanowski being one guy

I am rooting for my team, not the personality of players on them. I am not looking to make friends or have players come over to my house in my fandom. I just want them to congeal as a winning unit. If some of the players come with philanthropic fringe benefits, that is only a plus. If we happen to land some a-holes, I will grudgingly accept their positive contributions, but when they screw up, I will be most vociferous in there demise.

This is a TEAM thing, not a personality thing.

Maybe others are looking at what it would be like to cuddle with the player, and whether he will leave me in themorning, but personally, I am looking at what he contributes to Ws and Ls.

Terry was with the guys (Law and Milloy) but Law was the one holding the goods. Wait - his cousin's goods! :wink: He made a public apology to the the NE fans (as requested by Mr. Kraft) and was fined an unspecified amount of money for "conduct detrimental to the team."

Part of me actually beleives it wasn't his. (It was probably Glenn's :lol: ) This dude takes very good care of his body. Eats right, works out religiously and does the whole yoga thing.

Terry was with the guys (Law and Milloy) but Law was the one holding the goods. Wait - his cousin's goods! :wink: He made a public apology to the the NE fans (as requested by Mr. Kraft) and was fined an unspecified amount of money for "conduct detrimental to the team."

Part of me actually beleives it wasn't his. (It was probably Glenn's :lol: ) This dude takes very good care of his body. Eats right, works out religiously and does the whole yoga thing.

Thanks for the edification. In didn't remeber that part of it, just the villification of Glenn

ty law is a great addition to our backfield & a great depletion of ne defence.

I never hated him personally but rooted against him doing well. that now changes :lol:

he is a great addition to our team but way too many variables to say we're super bowl bound. Injuries can change a lot of things.

I do however like our chances of having a great year with law on our defence.

can't think of any players I hate enough to not want to seem them in green if they help us win.

I didn't hate Ty Law at all. There are very few players I HATE and mostly for things they do or say off the field (beating wives, saying crap, being a show-boat) but since I never heard or saw anything like that from Ty he is ok on my list.

BZ

Didn't they have a 16 year old girl in the car, or was that just me?

I hated Law when he was a Pat because he's one of the best in the busines.

And if you would hate Wayne, you're the gnat.

To answer Garb's question above:

I always liked Ty Law because I'm a Michigan guy and I just always liked the way he played. He and Drew Bledsoe were the only 2 Patriots I ever liked (Drew because when I was 9 agreed to meet with me and signed a portrait of himself after a Jets-Patriots game) But yeah, I've always liked Law.

Archived