Ty Law leaving a bigger story then him being gained.

Jetlag

Normally when a team signs a big FA that team gets the media attention and along with what that player will add.

Ofcourse that's not the case here. The story is "New England has just lost another guy on that defense" instead of "The Jets have added a key player to their already good defense." WTF is up with that.

ESPN sucks.

I just saw that on 1st & 10 as well. I was pretty annoyed because instead of talking about how the Law pick-up could put the Jets over the Patriots they talk about the Patriots losing to us and Buffalo now once a year and that the Colts will get out of the AFC cause it will be New England @ Indy in the AFC Championship Game...pure bullsh*t.

NFL Live better not F it up.

Ah they actually said:

"Is it the Jets time? Is Law the final piece to a Patriots beating puzzle?"

Sounds good to me, it might be about us instead of New England for a change! =D>

Ah they actually said:

"Is it the Jets time? Is Law the final piece to a Patriots beating puzzle?"

Sounds good to me, it might be about us instead of New England for a change! =D>

My prediction, a minute piece on the Jets and then it quickly turns to 10 minutes of Pats garbage.

ty law not playing for ne is good news for jets as well as signing with the jets. whats the problem guys?

That's not what we're talking about.

We're talking about the fact that ESPN only acknowledges the fact that it's a loss for the Patriots, not a major gain for the Jets that can potetntially send them past the Patriots to Super Bowl 40.

That's not what we're talking about.

We're talking about the fact that ESPN only acknowledges the fact that it's a loss for the Patriots, not a major gain for the Jets that can potetntially send them past the Patriots to Super Bowl 40.

That too.

How did the Pats "lose" Law?

They didn't need him and released his a**.

It's not like they lost him through a hard-fought FA negotiation.

I'm not the one reporting it that way. Go talk to ESPN, they're the idiots.

The is what myself and most other Pats fans think about the Ty Law signing:

Did the Jets pick-up a good player: yes

Are the Pats going to suffer with the loss: no

Does this move put the Jets into the AFCE drivers seat: no

funny thing is I sort of remember hearing grumblings from a certain patriot fan the other day about how the Pats were gonna sign Law for less money then the Jets were offering because he wanted to win another SB.... I don't remember if it was you or not TX but I can't help to feel like there are some Pat fans that feel like they lost a player to the Jets...

funny thing is I sort of remember hearing grumblings from a certain patriot fan the other day about how the Pats were gonna sign Law for less money then the Jets were offering because he wanted to win another SB.... I don't remember if it was you or not TX but I can't help to feel like there are some Pat fans that feel like they lost a player to the Jets...

Xce,

I would have loved to have Law back, but not at the price he was looking for.

Jets got a great CB, no doubt about it.

But the Pats proved last year that Law would have been a luxury and not a necessity.

Xce,

I would have loved to have Law back, but not at the price he was looking for.

Jets got a great CB, no doubt about it.

But the Pats proved last year that Law would have been a luxury and not a necessity.

I agree, as far as Law goes he is sort of one of those High Risk High Reward type of players... If we can get the Ty Law he was before the injury then he is worth the money but I am pretty sure the contract we gave him had some contingencies that he had to be healthy and play at a certain level to collect all the money.

The Pats did fine without Law last year although that was hte one area there was a weakness in the defense. For NE it would be nice to have got him back but it was much more important for the Jets to get a CB that could come in and play along side Barrett. J. Miller despite previous remarks I have made still has a lot to learn I was watching him at practice this morning and he struggled and was getting an ear full by D. Hendu. He's got the tools but he could definetly benefit from learning from a guy like Law who has been there and done it for 10 years.

All in all I agree with you but there are some fans out there that as soon as the talk started that Law was considering going back to the Pats pretty much took it for granted that it was an undeniable truth that he would go back there for less money my good friend is a Pats fan and he and I have been argueing about that for what seems like months now.

Good point....although I must say Ty does still have a few good years left in him.

Yeah right.

The Jets are no lock just because they have Law, but he's a loss and the Pats lost him because of the salary he commands.

We'll see if you don't need him. You may be right. It's also possible that this is the year where you really need a guy like Ty. A guy who can lead - AND play.

We'll see. If nothing else, it's a great season long story line.

Yeah right.

The Jets are no lock just because they have Law, but he's a loss and the Pats lost him because of the salary he commands.

We'll see if you don't need him. You may be right. It's also possible that this is the year where you really need a guy like Ty. A guy who can lead - AND play.

We'll see. If nothing else, it's a great season long story line.

Meddle, you are much smarter than that.

Law's cap hit under his contract with the Pats would have been $12 mil this year.

They offered him 4-years and $24 mil and he said he was insulted (after the Pats made him the highest paid CB in the NFL for the last 5 years) so BB released his a**.

Would I like Law back on the Pats? Absolutely.

Will it cripple the Pats? No way

Are the Jets better for signing him? Absolutely.

Meddle, you are much smarter than that.

Law's cap hit under his contract with the Pats would have been $12 mil this year.

They offered him 4-years and $24 mil and he said he was insulted (after the Pats made him the highest paid CB in the NFL for the last 5 years) so BB released his a**.

Would I like Law back on the Pats? Absolutely.

Will it cripple the Pats? No way

Are the Jets better for signing him? Absolutely.

No, my point is that Law left over money. I understand that the Pats could have paid what we paid, but it was a money issue because of the original contract.

I'm not saying that the Pats have mismanaged their cap. I could not accurately assess their cap situation. It's hard enough tracking one team.

No, my point is that Law left over money. I understand that the Pats could have paid what we paid, but it was a money issue because of the original contract.

I'm not saying that the Pats have mismanaged their cap. I could not accurately assess their cap situation. It's hard enough tracking one team.

Meddle, Fair enough.

But trust me, Law's cap hit to the Pats would have been $12 mil this year.

Meddle, Fair enough.

But trust me, Law's cap hit to the Pats would have been $12 mil this year.

Right. That's my point.

We agree on the facts. No problem there.

My point was that the Pats did lose Law.

They got unlucky. The injury made it impossible to keep him at that number and they probably don't keep him anyway. Thing is, the injury made it impossible for them to compromise. Without the injury, the Pats could have and likely would have found common ground with Law. But, at this point, after the injury, Law

Archived