Jets Trade McGraw and Release Hunter

PatsFanTX

So what can us Lions fans expect out of McGraw?

Everything I've read about him said he is a pretty good special teamer, but does have the injury concern.

I'm not to worried about the injuries, he isn't going to start unless he beats out Holt (FS) and if he does do that, I'll be impressed.

I've also read he can play both FS and SS, which one is better suited for?

How is his speed?

Thanks...

I love it.

I liked McGraw, but I am tired of waiting for the guy to remain healthy. Every year we go through it with him.

What people don't like about this deal is his POTENTIAL. That alone is unsettling because he had tons of it, but was never able to stay consistent.

Yes, McGraw was good against tight ends, but how often was that? How often was he able to play? How much does his potential help us when he's sitting on the trainer's table?

Coleman and Rhodes/Celestin/Maddox are superior and might be more dependable than what McGraw has to offer.

We have enough question marks on this team, with Chad, Abe, Law, Coles, Barton and now Robertson. It's time we trim the dead weight, and let the better, more dependable player start.

Bye Jon.

Everything I've read about him said he is a pretty good special teamer, but does have the injury concern.

I'm not to worried about the injuries, he isn't going to start unless he beats out Holt (FS) and if he does do that, I'll be impressed.

How is his speed?

Thanks...

Well, he's quick to the trainer's table....

McGraw is an enigma. He has the tools to be a good safety. He can deliver crushing hits and covers tigh ends well. The problem is his health. He is unreliable. Always banged up, hurt.

He is a good special teams player.

He might turn out to be a real player for you if he ever gets over this thing.

IF.

How is his speed?

Thanks...

Below average field performance, above average violin performance.

The only decent looking guy on the Jets and he's been traded? :lol:

Thats why women shouldnt watch football. Damn Chowds! Damn Women!

Sorry, I was channelling GameFace67 there for a minute.

GlassJaw McGraw - Good luck, wish you the best. Hope you can stay healthy and cover some TEs in Detroit.

Pete Hunter, we hardly knew ye.

Let's put it this way...

If Jon McGraw and Santana Moss play 16 games this year, then we know that Herm is a pushover that these guys just took advantage of for 4 years.

And we can safely assume that John Abraham is pulling the same crap.

I just hope Rerun Robertson is not about to follow suit with his "sore knee".

Didn't Santana play in all 16 games last year?

Also Herm got killed for saying that Abe could go in the playoffs. Rich Cimini said in the last chat here that Abe did not have medical clearance.

Seems like they were pushed plenty.

McGraw was one of my favorite Jets, had 2 of his jerseys and wore um to all of the home games last season and some of 03. He was a good player, although injury proned, in my mind and maybe this year he could've pulled a full season out of his ass as a starter, maybe-maybe not. But I hope he goes out in Detroit and makes a huge name for himself, I'll be cheering for him and looking foward to watch the Detroit Thanksgiving Day game now.

Best of luck Hitman McGraw! I'll miss ya buddy! :cry:

McGraw was one of my favorite Jets, had 2 of his jerseys and wore um to all of the home games last season and some of 03. He was a good player, although injury proned, in my mind and maybe this year he could've pulled a full season out of his a$$ as a starter, maybe-maybe not. But I hope he goes out in Detroit and makes a huge name for himself, I'll be cheering for him and looking foward to watch the Detroit Thanksgiving Day game now.

Best of luck Hitman McGraw! I'll miss ya buddy! :cry:

how can he be one of your favorite jets? is hoboken one of your favorite vacation spots as well? do you prefer chicken frnaks from path mark over home made french goat cheese?

Didn't Santana play in all 16 games last year?

Also Herm got killed for saying that Abe could go in the playoffs. Rich Cimini said in the last chat here that Abe did not have medical clearance.

Seems like they were pushed plenty.

Max, stop clouding the issue with facts.

here's some more info from one of the Lions beat writers, he is indicating that the Jet's will only get a 7th rounder for McGraw

while some of you were ripping me for leaving the room, i was working the phones getting the latest on mcgraw ... and here it is ... he still hasn't fully recovered from sports hernia surgery, but he is practicing ... the lions loved him coming out of college a few years ago ... he's a big free safety with a lot of potential ... the lions didn't get him because of a need, they got him because they saw an opportunity to get a big-upside player at a very low cost ... i can't confirm it, but i don't think there's more than a seventh-rounder involved in any foreseeable scenario ... again, they didn't get him because they're unhappy with holt, he was just too good to pass up ... there's no guarantee he'll even make the roster..

Archived