***Interview With The Star-Ledger's Dave Hutchinson***

TomShane

Dave Hutchinson has covered the Jets for over a decade, and he was kind enough to take a few minutes out of his busy training camp schedule to answer some questions for JetNation.com. Our thanks go out to Dave for doing a great job covering the Jets, and for the interview. Thanks also to Gang Green Girl, cub reporter extraordinaire. Be sure to check out Dave's new column in today's Newark Star Ledger, or click on the link at the bottom of the page. Thanks again Dave!

JetNation: How is Dinger adjusting to the Jets personnel? In Tennessee he had the strong-armed Steve McNair and a very aggressive straight-ahead power running game. Here, he has the not-so-strong armed duo of Fiedler and Penny and a more finesse-style running game. Have you seen any significant differences in Dinger's philosophy?

Dave Hutchinson: Dinger is the first to admit that Chad doesn

Great job Tom -props to Hutchison for giving his time and views on different subjects and GGG for the legwork to get it done

I like his honesty- especially with Chad situation- also agree that Dinger will utilize the Jets personnel and put the players in situations that will make them successful

Really, when you think about it....Herm has a built in excuse for not getting it done this year too. Chad-Marie and his weak DNA. If Chad is shaky when the season starts and they go 1-4 or something like that. Good 'ol Herm can just chalk that up to the injury and buy himself another season of Kool-Aid drinkin' in '07.

Nice work Tom, GGG, Max and company.

Excellent read.

Good to hear Hutch feels he may have jumped the gun on his Chad assesment. As for the long ball,in 2002 Chad's accuracy and leading the receiver etc was how he did most of his damage.

I totally agree with Hutch's Blaylock description as being the real deal.

Why would I have to see the hit. My point is how could the organization be impressed by a hit that occurred during a noncontact practice. Anybody can smash someone if the opponent isn't expecting to get hit.

So the answer would be, no.

Archived