What are Jet fans?

timbok

"By days end, he had become one of Gods' most pathetic creatures, a Redsox fan"

That is from Fever Pitch, change Redsox to Jet, it fits perfectly.

You may say the Cardinals or the Lions are the most cursed NFL teams, but lets think about it - the Jets have not sucked all of these years like the Cardinals & Lions, they have actually had good expectations and then it was taken away from them just like that *cough O'brien kick against the Steelers cough*.

While watching the Patriots-Jets game sunday, my brother called up - he said "Tim, why are you a Jets fan, why not become a Giants fan atleast they win" I said "I am a Jets fan for many reasons, their the team I love to support, being a Jets fan teaches you something"

How to lose?

Gotta love older brothers.

I am a Jets fan, I struggle with it, I get picked about it by my Patriot brothers, but could you imagine yourself not a Jets fan?

Being a Jets fan is like taking tha magic bullet, you know it is going to hurt like hell, but you stay for the ride every single minute of it.

Semper Fi.

The pathetic Jets fan, Tim.

There is some truth to that.

Unless you are a Cleveland Browns fan who lost back to back AFC Championship games in legendary fashion and the lost the franchise all together for a couple of years it is really hard to complain though.

Yeah we have had some brutal playoff loses but I can't imagine what this place would be like if we lost back to back AFC Title games the way the Browns did is 86 and 87.

"By days end, he had become one of Gods' most pathetic creatures, a Redsox fan"

That is from Fever Pitch, change Redsox to Jet, it fits perfectly.

You may say the Cardinals or the Lions are the most cursed NFL teams, but lets think about it - the Jets have not sucked all of these years like the Cardinals & Lions, they have actually had good expectations and then it was taken away from them just like that *cough O'brien kick against the Steelers cough*.

While watching the Patriots-Jets game sunday, my brother called up - he said "Tim, why are you a Jets fan, why not become a Giants fan atleast they win" I said "I am a Jets fan for many reasons, their the team I love to support, being a Jets fan teaches you something"

How to lose?

Gotta love older brothers.

I am a Jets fan, I struggle with it, I get picked about it by my Patriot brothers, but could you imagine yourself not a Jets fan?

Being a Jets fan is like taking tha magic bullet, you know it is going to hurt like hell, but you stay for the ride every single minute of it.

Semper Fi.

The pathetic Jets fan, Tim.

I don't know why I am a Jet fan.

I just am.

I have 2 main reasons for being a Jets fan :

1. The first football game I ever watched on TV, was a Jets game - I think they were playing Buffalo at the time, I was like 5 or 6 years old, and I just liked the Jets - and watched a few more games, and thats the way the cookie crumbles.

2. My Uncle, who has taught me so much about sports, and his stories of the good 'ole days of football & baseball, he is a Jets fan since 1960, and it rubbed off on me.

I have never liked the Giants, always have had a soft spot for the Bills, but I love those Jets

It's an incurable disease. There may be a 12-Step program for dealing with it, but I haven't found it. In January, I decided to go cold-turkey, even though my dear little Molly had just given me a Jets sweatshirt for Christmas. I canceled my NFL Sunday Ticket, and tried to stop reading blogs. But somehow - by stealth - little bits of off-season acquisitions started to leak in - Faneca, Jenkins, Pace. Cracks began to appear in my hardened heart.

Then, the the killer blow, the coup de grace: the Brett Favre trade. That must mean that Coach has comitted to the long ball, right? Maybe, just maybe, thinks me. So I allow myself to watch a couple of preseason games. I mean, it's just preseason, right - it can't hurt me, and I can quit any time I want. Wow, this kid Ratliff is pretty exciting! Maybe, just maybe. Did you see Faneca put a lick on that guy?! Maybe, just maybe. Maybe Lowery is the real deal. Maybe. Possibly. Even, probably.

It's a disease.

Archived