Kev's Update

Brenjetsfan

8/10/05

08/10/05

We are just a couple of days from our first pre-season game against the Detroit Lions. I think the guys on the team are ready for live action, practices have been going well, the tempo continues to be fast paced, and the energy is beginning to increase. Tonight we will have a night practice before honing in on the Lions tomorrow.

A lot has been made of our practice with the Giants this past weekend. Much mouthing off is going on from the guys across the river (well, in Albany). We went up there with the purpose of getting better, and we did. The Giants took exception to the aggressiveness of our defense, but I don't think they were ready to match our tempo. They are already talking about "revenge" in the pre-season game in 3 weeks...whatever...as it gets closer I'm sure there will be plenty of chalkboard material to go around!

We finally signed Ty Law...what a great addition to our team. The guy is a proven corner who can make big plays. This is just another example of where our team is headed this year. His signing came with some losses...Ray Mickens was cut, Derrick Pagel, Dave Yovanovits, Delvin Joyce, and one more. This goes to show you that the NFL is indeed a business. Yogi was making great strides, probably ready to play this year, but because of cap numbers we lose him and Mick. He did get picked up by Cleveland today, so not all bad news.

Finally, for those fans who got upset with me about my opinions on the Jets moving...read Newsday today...send Terry Bradway the same comments you sent me. God Bless

Archived