h20

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plus, it was against the Lions. :roll:

Funny thing is when Jordan was a Rookie in 01

in the last game of the regular season with the

playoffs in the Balance Jordan had 1 carry! It

went for 46 yds and a TD in the Jets 24-22 Win!

The Martinette's said Big deal Martin wore the

Defense down so Lamont could have that run! I

think I know why they hated Jordan so much! They

saw him as a threat to the "Beloved Cumar", so far

they don't see Blaylock as a threat at 3.5 a carry

since Marin avg 5,it lets them sleep better at night.

PS Pat Fans..You owe Jordan a thank you as well!

That run and that Jet win gave you Home field

advantage where you beat the Raiders in the "NO

Fumble Snow Game"... :mrgreen:=D>

Jordan was a great back and I agree with you Savage he should have gotten more carries.

When you watch the tape of the game you will see what we are all talking about. YPC doesn't mean a whole lot in the pre season. I was just impressed with his burst.

Jordan was a great back and I agree with you Savage he should have gotten more carries.

When you watch the tape of the game you will see what we are all talking about. YPC doesn't mean a whole lot in the pre season. I was just impressed with his burst.

I think Blaylock will have a good year and is

a Good Back! I also think he'll get alot more

carries then LJ ever got since Paul "I love my

Cumar" Hackett is gone!! And keep in mind I love

to bust Martinette Chops!! :wink:

I think Blaylock will have a good year and is

a Good Back! I also think he'll get alot more

carries then LJ ever got since Paul "I love my

Cumar" Hackett is gone!! And keep in mind I love

to bust Martinette Chops!! :wink:

Savage - Look at how Dingleberry divided up the carries with the Titans? The only time a back-up 100 carries was due to injury. Even with Eddie on his last legs, he still got 300+ carries as his back-up toted a mere 60+ times.

Funny thing is when Jordan was a Rookie in 01

in the last game of the regular season with the

playoffs in the Balance Jordan had 1 carry! It

went for 46 yds and a TD in the Jets 24-22 Win!

The Martinette's said Big deal Martin wore the

Defense down so Lamont could have that run! I

think I know why they hated Jordan so much! They

saw him as a threat to the "Beloved Cumar", so far

they don't see Blaylock as a threat at 3.5 a carry

since Marin avg 5,it lets them sleep better at night.

PS Pat Fans..You owe Jordan a thank you as well!

That run and that Jet win gave you Home field

advantage where you beat the Raiders in the "NO

Fumble Snow Game"... :mrgreen:=D>

Actually no one hates LJ or ever did.

I think most fans would always have welcomed a better distribution of the carries. We just had the wrong OC for that to occur.

Problem for you is LJ wasn't ever gonna start over CM.

Not today, Not Yesterday, Not tomorrow.

Actually no one hates LJ or ever did.

I think most fans would always have welcomed a better distribution of the carries. We just had the wrong OC for that to occur.

Problem for you is LJ wasn't ever gonna start over CM.

Not today, Not Yesterday, Not tomorrow.

Your Wrong..People on JI were saying he's nothing

but a Career backup and couldn't carry Martins

jock!! Everything he did positive they said he

either did in Garbage time or Cumar wore down the

Defense for him!! Playoff time Lamont 2 TD's Martin

0 in their time together under Hermie the Wonderful! :mrgreen:

Well, considering LaMont never even started a game, the bulk of his yards were always in garbage time, especially last season. We'll see how he can hold up for 4 quarters and 16 games.

EB just because a Life Guard doesn't give someone

CPR doesn't mean he doesn't know how! The reason LJ

never got a start is the 3 stooges..Martin,Hermie

and Hackett! No Coach or OC plays a back with

2 high ankle sprains! It's not like Martin was

getting 100 yds a game when he was hurt!!And who

got us in field Goal Range in the Charger game??

Martin? Oh I get it it was Garbage time when LJ

had 50 yds on 7 carries..Go to sleep tonite in

your Cumar signed PJ's that Mommy bought you! :roll:

EB just because a Life Guard doesn't give someone

CPR doesn't mean he doesn't know how! The reason LJ

never got a start is the 3 stooges..Martin,Hermie

and Hackett! No Coach or OC plays a back with

2 high ankle sprains! It's not like Martin was

getting 100 yds a game when he was hurt!!And who

got us in field Goal Range in the Charger game??

Martin? Oh I get it it was Garbage time when LJ

had 50 yds on 7 carries..Go to sleep tonite in

your Cumar signed PJ's that Mommy bought you! :roll:

LOL!

I'll admit that run by LaMont against the chargers in overtime was great. But he also got a key block from Sowell and all LaMont had to do was run along the sidelines, its not like he juked out anybody or shedded tackles.

LaMont was a garbage man. It doesnt mean he will suck, but all he has done in his career is come in during garbage time when the defense is slow and tired and either the game is pretty much already over.

And I dont believe that LaMont will do it for 60 minutes every sunday for 16 games. We'll see if he wears down over the coarse of the season. He probably will.

Why will he? because he isn't a NYJ anymore? I watched the kid play @ Maryland and ive watched him here..everyday... he's a beast and he never got s chance when he was told he would.

Now he sucks ass and will never make a 16 game schedule?...Yea right.

Im expecting big things from him this season...The kid has heart and he wants to start.....That outweighs what jersey he wears in my book.

LJ >>> Blaylock ,if you don't think so you're a homer.

Why will he? because he isn't a NYJ anymore? I watched the kid play @ Maryland and ive watched him here..everyday... he's a beast and he never got s chance when he was told he would.

Now he sucks a$$ and will never make a 16 game schedule?...Yea right.

Im expecting big things from him this season...The kid has heart and he wants to start.....That outweighs what jersey he wears in my book.

LJ >>> Blaylock ,if you don't think so you're a homer.

I'd love to have LaMont on the Jets. But its not like we even used him that much during the coarse of the game. We lost a TALENT, maybe a great talent, but we didnt lose production. Thats what people have to remember.

I was never talking about how this would effect the Jets production.

You said lamont was a garbage time back and wouldn't produce in Oakland. I find that hard to believe...the kid worked hard and has been a hell of a back since i first seen him his freshman yr in Maryland.

I liked him before he got to NY and ill root for him long after NY...Regardfless of where you stand...you can't deny him his abilities. He should be top 20 back in the NFL.

I'd love to have LaMont on the Jets. But its not like we even used him that much during the coarse of the game. We lost a TALENT, maybe a great talent, but we didnt lose production. Thats what people have to remember.

Are you sure?

Lamont is a load to handle.

Lamont is more of a break away threat then Curtis.

Lamont could have easily put up Curtis' numbers and probably more seeing he is more of a threat to go all the way and the way he will pound teams.

Your Wrong..People on JI were saying he's nothing

but a Career backup and couldn't carry Martins

jock!! Everything he did positive they said he

either did in Garbage time or Cumar wore down the

Defense for him!! Playoff time Lamont 2 TD's Martin

0 in their time together under Hermie the Wonderful! :mrgreen:

Ahh but thats why I don't hang at JI any longer.

Its basically TX fighting with 11 year olds(can he get arrested for that?) and Jet Squirrel and the usual suspects giving the almighty Slayer cyber hand jobs.

Are you sure?

Lamont is a load to handle.

Lamont is more of a break away threat then Curtis.

Lamont could have easily put up Curtis' numbers and probably more seeing he is more of a threat to go all the way and the way he will pound teams.

LOL!! That didnt make any sense

"He is a load to handle"

"He has more of a break away threat"

But when did he really ever do those things? He had very little production as a Jet. And pretty much had no bearing on us making the playoffs 3 outa the last 4 years. He made little impact in his career as a Jet. He is a very good talent with great upside as a starter but he has never proven he can dish it out and take it for 60 minutes a game over the coarse of the season. Just because he did it in college football doesnt mean much. Alot of college football backs fail in the NFL because they cannot take the constant beating over the coarse of the season.

We will see if LaMont is different. I think he will be good in oakland but not great. And we definetly will not miss him. He never did squat as a Jet. Thats not his fault, but thats the facts.

LOL!! That didnt make any sense

"He is a load to handle"

"He has more of a break away threat"

But when did he really ever do those things? He had very little production as a Jet. And pretty much had no bearing on us making the playoffs 3 outa the last 4 years. He made little impact in his career as a Jet. He is a very good talent with great upside as a starter but he has never proven he can dish it out and take it for 60 minutes a game over the coarse of the season. Just because he did it in college football doesnt mean much. Alot of college football backs fail in the NFL because they cannot take the constant beating over the coarse of the season.

We will see if LaMont is different. I think he will be good in oakland but not great. And we definetly will not miss him. He never did squat as a Jet. Thats not his fault, but thats the facts.

Ok, so tackling a 230 lbs back with speed is easier then tackling a 210 back with average speed at best? :^o

Do you actually believe the crap coming out of your mouth?

Ok, so tackling a 230 lbs back with speed is easier then tackling a 210 back with average speed at best? :^o

Do you actually believe the crap coming out of your mouth?

Holy crap you are a retard!

PRODUCTION

KEY WORD: PRODUCTION

I'll put it in crayon for you PRODUCTION

With all do respect Barton is right here. I love Lamont but he still needs to answer 2 questions this year.

1) Can he take the beating of a 16 game schedule? He is a bigger back which means he takes bigger hits.

2) Dispite his impresive fumble to carry ratio I still wonder whether the way he carries the ball will lead to a lot of fumbles once given a full time role.

I agree with Barton 100%. I would love to have Lamont here this year but with the way he was mishandled and never used, he contributed next to nothing for the four years he was here. He definitely could have contributed a lot more had he gotten a chance to play, but his production from last year will not be missed and can be easily replaced.

Holy crap you are a retard!

PRODUCTION

KEY WORD: PRODUCTION

I'll put it in crayon for you PRODUCTION

EB you are really stupid at times.

In the same breath above, you said Lamont was talented and through no fault of his own, did not get enough touches due to the coaching staff. How can he get 'production' when the coaching staff has a phobia about playing young players?

Here is your biggest screw up, what did Curtis do that no other back can do? His production was linked directly to the coaching staff running him into the ground. Other backs averaged more yards per carry. Give Alexander and Dillon those extra carries and they would have left Martin's numbers in the dust.

As for his 1697, that wa a career high, his normal 'producation' is easily matched by 15-20 RBs a year. Martin is a nice back and has played in a RB friendly offense for the better part of his career. Put Martin on the Bengals, he would be just another guy. He would not have been able to match Dillon's numbers.

[

Here is your biggest screw up, what did Curtis do that no other back can do? His production was linked directly to the coaching staff running him into the ground. Other backs averaged more yards per carry. Give Alexander and Dillon those extra carries and they would have left Martin's numbers in the dust.

As for his 1697, that wa a career high, his normal 'producation' is easily matched by 15-20 RBs a year. Martin is a nice back and has played in a RB friendly offense for the better part of his career. Put Martin on the Bengals, he would be just another guy. He would not have been able to match Dillon's numbers.

Absolutely True!! In order to excel Martin has

always needed more carries then the other backs!

That's why his duribility is his greatest asset!

Adrian Murell on bad Jet Teams was matching or

beating Martin's stats who was on a SB Team!

Martin had the rushing record on the Pats until

a older Dillon beat it playing just 15 games!

In 03 Jordan had 4 TD's to Martins 2..And don't

give me the "But all his TD's were in the Red Zone

excuse"! He had 46 carries all of 03! Not all were

Red zone! Martin had 323 carries for his 2 TD's

and those only came in Dec when with the Jets out

of the Playoffs Hackett gave his Love Bunny 125

carries to 1 for Jordan! How would it have looked

for Cumar to go through a whole season and not

score once?? Had Martin gone to the Bengals or

another Bad Team without the Love and care of a

Tuna or a Hackett he'd be a Good back and nothing

more! =D>

Exactly. And for all the cooing about Martin's exceptional vision (though it is good), it's not like he gets so many more yards because of it. What I tend to see is our interior linemen opening up a gigantic hole, Curtis running through said hole, gets stopped immediately as soon as someone gets more than a few fingers on him. Then the announcers chime in on cue, "And that's why he's so great. Just look at how fluid he is." Nevermind that they just saw him run 10 yards through a 10-yard-long/8-yard wide lane, which any JV high school running back can do.

Happened with his one nice run vs Detroit. One guy got 5 fingers to drape against Curtis' thigh as Martin was already past him; the announcer during the run: "...Martin breaks a tackle and cuts right..." That was no "tackle" & he again went as far as the lane allowed. As usual. Big lane = big production; no lane = no production.

Martin's YPC is the most overrated I've seen. He's always had a strong (if not great) OL his whole career. When said line opens up holes big enough for ANYONE to get 5+ yds, the credit goes to Martin-the-great. When Martin has to make something out of nothing & fails, then it's not Martin's fault - the line didn't do enough.

I used to see this equal-but-opposite thing with Jordan. I swear I thought it was done on purpose, to justify all of Martin's carries, given the predictability & repetition:

- Martin stays in on passing & running plays;

- Jordan comes in once in a while. First play with Jordan is ALWAYS a run, up the middle, that every DC in the game knows is coming with the snap of the ball.

- Jordan gets stuffed as the D puts like 300 men in the box.

- Martinites: Jordan is "nothing special" or "didn't show me anything" like they were Curtis' girlfriends or something.

I'd love to see Martin only come in ONLY when the whole world knows it's a running play, get taken out immediately afterward, & see him sniff at even 3.0 ypc.

sperm and savage...you guys are totally nuts. its not even funny. let it go fellas, jordan is long history.

all the excuses you guys make for martin is amusing. the guy is the nfl rushing leader for crying out loud...get a grip. the guy has always had solid seasons, he is an older man who seems to get younger.

its like angelina jollie giving you guys superior blowjobs, and instead of worshipping her your ripping her apart saying that her upper lip is a tad too fat and that her pinky toe has a funny looking nail. give us all a break you two faggots

sperm and savage...you guys are totally nuts. its not even funny. let it go fellas, jordan is long history.

all the excuses you guys make for martin is amusing. the guy is the nfl rushing leader for crying out loud...get a grip. the guy has always had solid seasons, he is an older man who seems to get younger.

its like angelina jollie giving you guys superior blowjobs, and instead of worshipping her your ripping her apart saying that her upper lip is a tad too fat and that her pinky toe has a funny looking nail. give us all a break you two faggots

I would think someone into conspiracy theories would appreciate it. And I'd NEVER rip on Angelia Jolie.

EB you are really stupid at times.

In the same breath above, you said Lamont was talented and through no fault of his own, did not get enough touches due to the coaching staff. How can he get 'production' when the coaching staff has a phobia about playing young players?

You still dont get it. #-o

This isnt about Curtis you schmuck. Its about LAMONT.

Like I said, he never produced when he was a Jet. Whether thats the coaching staffs fault or not, IT DOES NOT MATTER! BOTTOM LINE IS HE NEVER HAD GOOD PRODUCTION IN A SINGLE SEASON IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER.

LaMont has had NOTHING to do with the Jets making the playoffs 3 outa the last 4 years. He was a good TALENT......TALENT, but he never did ANYTHING. He will not be missed BECAUSE HE NEVER DID ANYTHING AS A JET!

WOW, LAMONT had a good run against san diego. Lets see if he turns the corner so well if he had over 350 carries in the regular season. #-o

Archived