Blaylock Looked good...

h20

sperm and savage...you guys are totally nuts. its not even funny. let it go fellas, jordan is long history.

all the excuses you guys make for martin is amusing. the guy is the nfl rushing leader for crying out loud...get a grip. the guy has always had solid seasons, he is an older man who seems to get younger.

its like angelina jollie giving you guys superior blowjobs, and instead of worshipping her your ripping her apart saying that her upper lip is a tad too fat and that her pinky toe has a funny looking nail. give us all a break you two faggots

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly. And for all the cooing about Martin's exceptional vision (though it is good), it's not like he gets so many more yards because of it. What I tend to see is our interior linemen opening up a gigantic hole, Curtis running through said hole, gets stopped immediately as soon as someone gets more than a few fingers on him. Then the announcers chime in on cue, "And that's why he's so great. Just look at how fluid he is." Nevermind that they just saw him run 10 yards through a 10-yard-long/8-yard wide lane, which any JV high school running back can do.

Happened with his one nice run vs Detroit. One guy got 5 fingers to drape against Curtis' thigh as Martin was already past him; the announcer during the run: "...Martin breaks a tackle and cuts right..." That was no "tackle" & he again went as far as the lane allowed. As usual. Big lane = big production; no lane = no production.

Martin's YPC is the most overrated I've seen. He's always had a strong (if not great) OL his whole career. When said line opens up holes big enough for ANYONE to get 5+ yds, the credit goes to Martin-the-great. When Martin has to make something out of nothing & fails, then it's not Martin's fault - the line didn't do enough.

I used to see this equal-but-opposite thing with Jordan. I swear I thought it was done on purpose, to justify all of Martin's carries, given the predictability & repetition:

- Martin stays in on passing & running plays;

- Jordan comes in once in a while. First play with Jordan is ALWAYS a run, up the middle, that every DC in the game knows is coming with the snap of the ball.

- Jordan gets stuffed as the D puts like 300 men in the box.

- Martinites: Jordan is "nothing special" or "didn't show me anything" like they were Curtis' girlfriends or something.

I'd love to see Martin only come in ONLY when the whole world knows it's a running play, get taken out immediately afterward, & see him sniff at even 3.0 ypc.

The winning coach is a dunce and the HOF back could be replaced by a high school player. Um, ok.

Curtis has always had great lines? What has Priest run behind?

And, BTW, the Jets HAVE NOT always had great lines. That is a major fallacy. How do you back that up? Curtis' rushing numbers, I bet. We

sperm and savage...you guys are totally nuts. its not even funny. let it go fellas, jordan is long history.

all the excuses you guys make for martin is amusing. the guy is the nfl rushing leader for crying out loud...get a grip. the guy has always had solid seasons, he is an older man who seems to get younger.

its like angelina jollie giving you guys superior blowjobs, and instead of worshipping her your ripping her apart saying that her upper lip is a tad too fat and that her pinky toe has a funny looking nail. give us all a break you two faggots

Meatloaf what you don't get is I just love to

upset the Mentally challenged crowd..Well like

yourself!! :lol: I never have said I didn't like

Martin! My only problem with him is he doesn't

score much and disappears in the Playoffs! And in

that he is consistent! Hermie 3 out of 4 playoffs

Martin 0 Td's and 1 100+ yd game! If that's not HOF

material what is?? :roll::mrgreen:

Honestly, what kind of team makes the playoffs that cant stuff the run???

I realize that Martin has not been all that in the playoffs, but alot of backs dont go over 100 yards in playoff games because playoff teams stuff the run. Not to mention, a lack of a passing attack will hurt any great runner.

If Curtis fails in the playoffs this season with a healthy Chad at the helm I will definetly not take it anymore. Dingers offense and Coles's speed should scare off teams from stacking the box with 8 every damn play, assuming Chad hits up on some deep balls for TDs this season.

Meatloaf what you don't get is I just love to

upset the Mentally challenged crowd..Well like

yourself!! :lol: I never have said I didn't like

Martin! My only problem with him is he doesn't

score much and disappears in the Playoffs! And in

that he is consistent! Hermie 3 out of 4 playoffs

Martin 0 Td's and 1 100+ yd game! If that's not HOF

material what is?? :roll::mrgreen:

let us re-visit this topic at the end of the season, when curtis has 0 fumbles, 1200 yards and is healthy vs. jordan's 850 yards, 5 fumbles and fractured vagina

Are you sure?

Lamont is a load to handle.

Lamont is more of a break away threat then Curtis.

Lamont could have easily put up Curtis' numbers and probably more seeing he is more of a threat to go all the way and the way he will pound teams.

I'm going to go and agree with PFSIKH. Why? Simple. What did he say that was wrong, or that others who are agreeing with EB haven't said?

Fact: Lamont is younger and is bigger.

Fact: Lamont is faster.

Could Lamont have put up the numbers? If he was ran a thousand times like Curtis was? Sure. He probably would have gotten closer to 2000 yards. With the Jets offensive line? Why wouldn't he have?

Now, production is another story. Curtis did put up numbers. Lamont didn't. But, then again, Herm likes Curtis more, so he got more time.

In the end, it doesn't matter, Curtis is here, Lamont isn't. Derrick Blaylock is here, and he looked fine. Not a change of pace back, but the same type. It'll do the offense good.

I'd love to have LaMont on the Jets. But its not like we even used him that much during the coarse of the game. We lost a TALENT, maybe a great talent, but we didnt lose production. Thats what people have to remember.

Martin had 3.9 ypc with 0 TD's in the playoffs, and he didn't look so hot against the Pats either. If that's "production", then losing LaMont will probably be the reason we fail to win a championship.

let us re-visit this topic at the end of the season, when curtis has 0 fumbles, 1200 yards and is healthy vs. jordan's 850 yards, 5 fumbles and fractured vagina

Ok Dickie!! I'll bet 100 bucks your wrong! Are we

on?? And I think your wrong on both counts! I think

Martin can do better as well!! :wink:

Ok Dickie!! I'll bet 100 bucks your wrong! Are we

on?? And I think your wrong on both counts! I think

Martin can do better as well!! :wink:

sorry savage but i have a strict policy against cash waigers. especially concerning the jets.....

if im wrong, if lamonts seasonal yardage exceeds martins, ill place the words "i am stupid. savage69 is my guide in life" in my sig for 6 months. and injuries are no excuse....

sorry savage but i have a strict policy against cash waigers. especially concerning the jets.....

if im wrong, if lamonts seasonal yardage exceeds martins, ill place the words "i am stupid. savage69 is my guide in life" in my sig for 6 months. and injuries are no excuse....

No need to do that Dickie..You just want Martin

to do better as I do! I would be happy as a clam

to see Martin not only do well in the regular

season but more important in the Playoffs leading to

and including the Super Bowl! The only basic

difference between myself and the Martinette's is

I refuse to make excuse's for no production in the

playoffs and they will find any excuse they can to

explain Martin's not playing well! :roll:

2000? why not 3000?

Haha only douchebags run for 3000 yards. I'm sure Lamont could have gotten 4000 only 200 carries. He's THAT GOOD. So what if he's never ran for more than 100 carries in a single season. Everybody knows he's better than the running back who is a sure hall-of-famer, has 10 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons and his name is mentioned with Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

No Lamont is most definitely better.

Why does eveyone hate Lamont Jordan?

I like him. I thought he was good. The question you should be asking is why do people hate Curtis Martin? He's only the best thing that happened to the Jets since the Sack Exchange. The guy plays his heart out, is a class act and never misses a game but still gets no love. Seriously, how can anybody blame the Jets losing a game on Curtis Martin? That's just plain fugging delusional. IF Lamont had more carries, IF he had more opportunities. Who the f*ck cares about if?

I like him. I thought he was good. The question you should be asking is why do people hate Curtis Martin? He's only the best thing that happened to the Jets since the Sack Exchange. The guy plays his heart out, is a class act and never misses a game but still gets no love. Seriously, how can anybody blame the Jets losing a game on Curtis Martin? That's just plain fugging delusional. IF Lamont had more carries, IF he had more opportunities. Who the f*ck cares about if?

Jets fans are an enigma...

Why does eveyone hate Lamont Jordan?

I've said it many times Smizzy! He was a threat

to Martin! To many people take this; Martin has

Class, is a role Model,leaves it all on the Field,

plays hurt and is nice to his Mommy thing and weave

it into what he does on the field! I agree with all

the above stuff..But I want a player to score and

if he don't put someone in who will!!

Plus Football is a show and a business! If your

paying 1 player the huge amt that Martin makes

you have to play him! Funny thing out of most

here EB got it right! He said if Martin wasn't

starting he would have demanded a Trade! Jordan

was a Good Soldier and waited 3 years and only

complained going into year 4's camp after being

lied to for 3 years,plus getting only 46 carries

in a year when the Jets were out of the playoffs!

The final straw was getting only 1 carry in the

Jets last 5 games of 03 while the carry Hog built

his stats with 125!! Martin in his career never

had the frustration that Jordan endured!! If he

had some of the Glitter may have rubbed off the

Golden Boy!! =D>

Hating LaMont is 1 thing, I dont hate him at all.

Questioning whether or not he can hold up over the coarse of a 16 game season is a separate issue. Fact is he has never proven he can do that. I'd be absolutely shocked if LaMont surpassed 1,100 yards.

The question you should be asking is why do people hate Curtis Martin? He's only the best thing that happened to the Jets since the Sack Exchange. The guy plays his heart out, is a class act and never misses a game but still gets no love. Seriously, how can anybody blame the Jets losing a game on Curtis Martin? That's just plain fugging delusional. IF Lamont had more carries, IF he had more opportunities. Who the f*ck cares about if?

You must be kidding?? Martin gets no Love?? 98%

of you make up excuses for him if he plays bad!

Best thing since the Sack Exchange?? So in your

View 1 player Martin is on Par with 4 players?

Not to mention 2 who have had over 20+ sacks a

season and Mark had the record for years! And

how can anyone blame Martin for losing a Game??

How about Giving him credit for Winning a

playoff Game instead??And if you don't like

"If's" Let's stop with If Brien made the FG we

would have been in the Championship Game! Like

you said..Who cares about If's.. :mrgreen:

Hating LaMont is 1 thing, I dont hate him at all.

Questioning whether or not he can hold up over the coarse of a 16 game season is a separate issue. Fact is he has never proven he can do that. I'd be absolutely shocked if LaMont surpassed 1,100 yards.

So in your view EB since Jim Brown never played

over a 16 game season and only had 1 year where

he had more then 300 carries (305)so he's not in

Martins class?? Did you ever hear it's not the

Quanity it's the Quality?? So you think Martin's

2 TD's in 03 on 323 carries was better then Jordans

4 TD's on 46 carries?? You Guys are Amazing!! Cumar

is a Career 8 TD back which includes both running

and receiving!! That's not World beating no matter

how you slice it!! :roll:

You must be kidding?? Martin gets no Love?? 98%

of you make up excuses for him if he plays bad!

Best thing since the Sack Exchange?? So in your

View 1 player Martin is on Par with 4 players?

Not to mention 2 who have had over 20+ sacks a

season and Mark had the record for years! And

how can anyone blame Martin for losing a Game??

How about Giving him credit for Winning a

playoff Game instead??And if you don't like

"If's" Let's stop with If Brien made the FG we

would have been in the Championship Game! Like

you said..Who cares about If's.. :mrgreen:

Savage, you are out of your mind. Martin rarely plays badly, so I don't make too many excuses. What Martin played badly against Pittsburgh in the playoffs? Well he was going up against the best rushing D in the NFL at home in the playoffs. Were you expecting him to run all over them? And oh yea, he averaged about 4 ypc which isn't bad considering the opposition, and also he had a QB playing with a major injury that wasn't much of a threat to throw the ball and an OC who wasn't exactly imaginative. The fact that you talk about this conspiracy stuff really makes me wonder if you are truly insane. Last year was the most amount of carries he got in a season since Bill Parcells was coach(I guess he was part of the conspiracy as well). I wonder if that happened because our starting QB missed several starts and was still playing injured when he returned. No chance that had anything to do with it right? And I'm sure the fact that he was on fire last year anyway also had nothing to do with it? He may have been 31 but he was playing like he was 24. Why mess with a good thing?

So in your view EB since Jim Brown never played

over a 16 game season and only had 1 year where

he had more then 300 carries (305)so he's not in

Martins class?? Did you ever hear it's not the

Quanity it's the Quality?? So you think Martin's

2 TD's in 03 on 323 carries was better then Jordans

4 TD's on 46 carries?? You Guys are Amazing!! Cumar

is a Career 8 TD back which includes both running

and receiving!! That's not World beating no matter

how you slice it!! :roll:

8 career touchdowns? Well he had 14 last year, and has 85 career rushing TD's and 10 receiving TD's. It's funny how you don't mention last year when he had 12 rushing touchdowns and added 2 more receiving. Yeah Savage, that's a good thing to do in a debate, bring up Martin's worst TD season in his career, as opposed to him scoring at least 5 TD's in every other season of his career.

Savage, you are out of your mind. Martin rarely plays badly, so I don't make too many excuses. What Martin played badly against Pittsburgh in the playoffs? Well he was going up against the best rushing D in the NFL at home in the playoffs. Were you expecting him to run all over them? And oh yea, he averaged about 4 ypc which isn't bad considering the opposition, and also he had a QB playing with a major injury that wasn't much of a threat to throw the ball and an OC who wasn't exactly imaginative. The fact that you talk about this conspiracy stuff really makes me wonder if you are truly insane. Last year was the most amount of carries he got in a season since Bill Parcells was coach(I guess he was part of the conspiracy as well). I wonder if that happened because our starting QB missed several starts and was still playing injured when he returned. No chance that had anything to do with it right? And I'm sure the fact that he was on fire last year anyway also had nothing to do with it? He may have been 31 but he was playing like he was 24. Why mess with a good thing?

And the Excuses start!!Going up against the best

Run Defense,Hurt QB etc..In 98 he was going against

the 6th rated Bronco Defense and had 14 yds! The Jets

had the number 2 rated D that year and Terrell Davis

167 tds rushing! The point is how well does Cumar

do in the Playoffs?? Real good in the past 4 yr's

in your opinion?? He avg 4 per in Pitt?? Jordan avg

6 per! I know Garbage Time or what ever excuse you

come up with..Also against Pitt Jordan had a

longer run then Martin did all year against anyone!! :mrgreen:

Martin rarely plays badly, so I don't make too many excuses. What Martin played badly against Pittsburgh in the playoffs? Well he was going up against the best rushing D in the NFL at home in the playoffs. Were you expecting him to run all over them? And oh yea, he averaged about 4 ypc which isn't bad considering the opposition, and also he had a QB playing with a major injury that wasn't much of a threat to throw the ball and an OC who wasn't exactly imaginative.

Martin stunk up the Pitt game, if you actually watched it & didn't just look up his game-total-ypc months later. For the record:

2nd and 18 at NYJ 24 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 5 yards.

3rd and 25 at NYJ 22 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 13 yards.

1st and 20 at NYJ 31 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed right side for 10 yards.

2nd and 10 at PIT 39 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 5 yards.

33 yds on 4 passing downs; all of which were so useful that they led to a grand total of 0 Jets points & 0 Jets first downs on those drives. Other than those four stat-padding runs the total was 44 yards on 15 carries (2.9 ypc) which is more like what I remember watching during that how-not-to-coach clinic that Herm/Hackett put on. He had one "nice run" - a 2nd-&-6 run for 8 yards through a canyon-sized running lane the OL created.

Not exactly the best game to bring up to make your point.

Martin stunk up the Pitt game, if you actually watched it & didn't just look up his game-total-ypc months later. For the record:

2nd and 18 at NYJ 24 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 5 yards.

3rd and 25 at NYJ 22 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 13 yards.

1st and 20 at NYJ 31 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed right side for 10 yards.

2nd and 10 at PIT 39 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 5 yards.

33 yds on 4 passing downs; all of which were so useful that they led to a grand total of 0 Jets points & 0 Jets first downs on those drives. Other than those four stat-padding runs the total was 44 yards on 15 carries (2.9 ypc) which is more like what I remember watching during that how-not-to-coach clinic that Herm/Hackett put on. He had one "nice run" - a 2nd-&-6 run for 8 yards through a canyon-sized running lane the OL created.

Not exactly the best game to bring up to make your point.

LOL. Always a reason why his actual stats do not really count to the naysayers.

Take Dillons 25 yd TD run out of his Pitt play-off game which came immediately following a morale breaking replay enforced fumble overturn and we can say the same thing about Cori 2.0 yds per carry.

Martin is the RB....get over it already.

2000? why not 3000?

I dunno... asking for three yards a carry is an awful lot... (re: My post said a thousand time :wink: )

Going by the numbers... Martin ran the ball 371 times. Damn... that's alot. Anyway, he averaged 4.6 yards a carry and got 1697 yards. We all know that. Anyway, Lamont had a YPC average of 5.2. If he had 371 attempts, that would be 1929.2 yards, and closer to 2000 yards. I hate to say I'm right... who am I kidding? I love to say I'm right!

What many of you guys don't get is, we fans who don't think that much of Curtis in the present think you Martinettes have this philosophy: Curtis Martin is great BECAUSE he's rushed for over 13,000 yards, and NOT that Curtis Martin rushed for over 13,000 yards BECAUSE HE IS GREAT! THAT is the point. Compiling big numbers is nice, for the individual. But it does NOT prove a player was dominant or helped his team win.

What many of you guys don't get is, we fans who don't think that much of Curtis in the present think you Martinettes have this philosophy: Curtis Martin is great BECAUSE he's rushed for over 13,000 yards, and NOT that Curtis Martin rushed for over 13,000 yards BECAUSE HE IS GREAT! THAT is the point. Compiling big numbers is nice, for the individual. But it does NOT prove a player was dominant or helped his team win.

To think a player who has rushed for over 13,000 yards and has NOT helped his team win is the epitome of naivety. But that's cool, it's the trendy thing to do around here to get down on our guys, and you seem to be Savage's henchman. :roll:

Martin is a Good back..And on a personal Level

one of the nicest people to ever play any sport!

BUT...Great players do Great things Martin don't!

Yes he's a Great stat Compiler! But I would trade

3,000 yd's off my stats if I was the one that had

167 yds in Denver instead of Davis! Cumar is a steady

blue Collar back that gives you all he has on the

field even when hurt! Matter of fact he would rather

see himself be on the field hurt then another

healthy back take his place!Admit it or not Saint

Cumar has a Ego! And as Edwards has said we give

him the ball as much as he wants it..Good for Martin

not good for the Team!!

In all my years of watching football no one EVER

makes excuses for the true Greats! My good Buddy

Young Gerbil Fan summed up Martin the best! He

said;Martin isn't Great but he's been good for a long time!!

I can agree with that!! :wink:

LOL. Always a reason why his actual stats do not really count to the naysayers.

Take Dillons 25 yd TD run out of his Pitt play-off game which came immediately following a morale breaking replay enforced fumble overturn and we can say the same thing about Cori 2.0 yds per carry.

Martin is the RB....get over it already.

First off, this is just conversation, and until Max bans me or forces me to be the only paying customer here, I'll say what comes to mind.

Second, for you to bring up Dillon's run shows how much you (and anyone who would =D> at your post) don't see the difference. If Dillon's 25-yard run came from NE's 15 yard-line on 3rd-and-40, it would be a good example of Dillon stat-padding. But you showed a 25-yard TOUCHDOWN run. The big run you "eliminated" from Dillon's total resulted in POINTS, not just yards. You can't take away the good run that makes a good running back what he is & think you've made a valid point. I didn't subtract all of Martin's runs >3-4 yds when "recalculating" - only the ones that were useless since we punted anyway on the ensuing 4th down after that run in each of these cases. As it turned out, and much to my non-surprise, his longest runs were useless in terms of putting points on the board.

That is a huge difference, and one that frustrates some of us to no end; that our own fan base is blissfully blind to this.

8 career touchdowns? Well he had 14 last year, and has 85 career rushing TD's and 10 receiving TD's. It's funny how you don't mention last year when he had 12 rushing touchdowns and added 2 more receiving. Yeah Savage, that's a good thing to do in a debate, bring up Martin's worst TD season in his career, as opposed to him scoring at least 5 TD's in every other season of his career.

Not a Problem we will add what he has done with

the Pats both Rushing and receiving! And we get

95 divided by 10 for 9.5 a Year! Silly me was

caring just about what he did for the Jets..

You do realize I was going by yearly avg..Even

the most Blind Martinette on earth wouldn't think I

was saying Martin only scored 8 td's in his Career?

Hmmm.. Or would they?? #-o

Want to compare him to Boozer?? Boozer split time

with either Snell or Riggens in his 9 years as a

regular..He avg 7 Td's a year!Still behind Martin?

Yes..But then Martin had 2007 more touches!! :mrgreen:

Archived