Who's got Facebook?

Jetheelz

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems everyones got facebook right now. The one bad/good thing about Facebook (and now myspace, copycats) is that people can "tag" you in their photos. So while you might not want to put photos of yourself boozing/smoking/etc up online, other people can. And even if you remove the tag, their photos might be public so people can still find pictures of you that you don't want them to see. Just a warning/heads up.

I wouldn't know the first thing about facebook or myspace or whatever. It's creepy to me. Just like this place. :P

Hell, I can't even speed dial on my cell phone. Speed dial! #73, #84... Well, I reckon I could learn, but I'd much prefer to chuck the phone in the garbage first. I dial the old fashioned way! Area Code zzz-zzz-zzzz...By the way, why do I even have a cell phone?! Right, strong-armed into it. In case of an emergeny. Like when I wrapped my car around a pole on Monday, but it was just about out of juice because I rarely charge it, anyway. It doesn't have a camera. I feel so small. Not really. What was this about again?

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56742&highlight=facebook

I'd also recommend NOT adding any of your students to your page. Keep it strictly adult, professional, family and friends and totally above-board.

It's fun! I've found so many HS friends and keep up with other friends around the country. :cheergal:

The only person I have added from school is a fellow teacher. No students whatsoever, for obvious reasons.

PS-Sorry I was not trying to steal your thread idea....I didnt know you had already made a post like this. Note to self: use search feature next time :)

I've got a facebook. The only sort of wierd thing that has happened so far is my wife's boss (female) requested a friendship. I kinda knew her in HS - but not really. She babysat my sister and knew my parents, yet she is not frineds with either of them. I accepted ofcourse since I didn't want to cause bad feeling by denying. Anyway, PM me is you want to be friends and I will send you a link.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56742&highlight=facebook

I'd also recommend NOT adding any of your students to your page. Keep it strictly adult, professional, family and friends and totally above-board.

It's fun! I've found so many HS friends and keep up with other friends around the country. :cheergal:

Facebook is not professional. Join LinkedIn if you want professional networking.

• 4 weeks later...
Seems everyones got facebook right now. The one bad/good thing about Facebook (and now myspace, copycats) is that people can "tag" you in their photos. So while you might not want to put photos of yourself boozing/smoking/etc up online, other people can. And even if you remove the tag, their photos might be public so people can still find pictures of you that you don't want them to see. Just a warning/heads up.

The tagging as nothing to do with people being able to put pictures of whatever they want up. You could always do that on the internet.

I will say this though, I will be deleting at least 200 pictures after I graduate. When my brother was going through the interview process to be a BC police officer he wouldn't accept anyones friend requests that he didn't know. BC called him and told him he had to accept there request before they could go further in the process. He was working(NYPD) at the time, called me and told me to delete everyone of his boozed up pictures and to accept the request. He had 3 normal pictures out of like 200. He got the job btw.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got a facebook. The only sort of wierd thing that has happened so far is my wife's boss (female) requested a friendship. I kinda knew her in HS - but not really. She babysat my sister and knew my parents, yet she is not frineds with either of them. I accepted ofcourse since I didn't want to cause bad feeling by denying. Anyway, PM me is you want to be friends and I will send you a link.

You will probably be banging her by February.

Archived