ESPN Sportscenter, nearly unwatchable

Matt39

50 states in 50 days

aka

Change the Channel

I know its been talked about on here before, but its just god awful.

The Holywood garabage, the hot seat, the ultimate higlight...which is 95% highlight free.

It's bad.

I believe it was Mushnick, who wrote that they were talking about Rhode Island and the great sporting history that it has had and they said "Hosted the first X Games" :mrgreen:

Nuff said about this self promoting ad generator

I saw when they sent Kenny Mayne to Sturgis, SD for the bike rally; it could've been a very entertaining 1 hour show-on Discovery, National Geographic or A&E. They rest of it is a stimulus to change the channel, along with the X games.It's like they forgot what they are about or should be about-sports. I know it's not life and death, but they just keep moving away form the reason they succeeded in the first place-20s and up guys wanting to see major sports.

I used to watch Sports Center religiously....twice a night..now it's unwatchable.

Ill watch it Mondays after football or if i missed someonething in the day in sports and i want to see it.

Other then that...I watch ESPN News nad/or listen to my sirius radio.

ESPN is dead to me...What garbage.

I knew once CNN/SI went off the air is was going to bad news for me...It was.

I used to watch Sports Center religiously....twice a night..now it's unwatchable.

Ill watch it Mondays after football or if i missed someonething in the day in sports and i want to see it.

I was just like you smizz.

I would watch the same episode 2 or 3 times on a saturday morning while eating breakfast and doing other things. Now I don't even turn on the channel. I only watch NFL network or occasionally espn news.

ESPN is a horrible, horrible station.

I bet I watch court tv more.

I would watch the same episode 2 or 3 times on a saturday morning while eating breakfast and doing other things. Now I don't even turn on the channel. I only watch NFL network or occasionally espn news.

The BIG SHOW, with Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann was the height of that channel and SportsCenter.

Since that nadir, it has steadily gone downhill. Too many personalities that tried to steal that schtick and made themselves bigger than the sports they covered.

And then ,when Disney bought in, all of the cross promotion got nauseating, and ESPN decided to exaggerate the word ENTERTAINMENT in their acronym, and you have a dizzying array of buffoonery and schlock

Lol...I do watch about as much CTV as i do ESPN

Rich Eisen leaving for NFL Network (and thank god he did because he makes that show nfl total access) really hurt espn. Stuart Scott and Eisen were a great combo working toegether. It just got worse and worse with Scott getting dumber and dumber and alot of new people doing sportscenter like that alien face linda cohn and tweatie bird scott van pelt.

Bring back Bob Ley, Charlie Steiner and Kenny Mayne. Even Dan Patrick.

Good ESPN Sportcenter Hosts: Berman, Steiner, Mayne, Patrick, Olbermann, Eisen, and I would even say Linda Cohn and Trey Wingo (bc of his NFL Live hosting), Old Stuart Scott, Bob Ley and Craig Kilborn.

Bad Hosts: Every new host that repeats every phrase that the great hosts made. They are all cheap rip offs.

I'll let you in on a little secret. ESPN has been unwatchable for damn near 10 years now. Once Boomer's little schtick got tired (which took all of 2 weeks of NFL football) it was all over. The only thing they have going for them is they have IMO the second best announcing team as far as NFL goes right behind the FOX crew.

I'll let you in on a little secret. ESPN has been unwatchable for damn near 10 years now. Once Boomer's little schtick got tired (which took all of 2 weeks of NFL football) it was all over. The only thing they have going for them is they have IMO the second best announcing team as far as NFL goes right behind the FOX crew.

Their college football work is excellent with Herbstreit and Myers, and their Baseball Tonight crew is excellent as well. Their NFL and NBA crews need major help.

Good ESPN Sportcenter Hosts: Berman, Steiner, Mayne, Patrick, Olbermann, Eisen, and I would even say Linda Cohn and Trey Wingo (bc of his NFL Live hosting), Old Stuart Scott, Bob Ley and Craig Kilborn.

You gotta add Mike Greenberg. I think he's one of their better personalities going and I'm not just saying that because he wants to have Chad's love child.

Couldn't agree more Smizzy. That thing has turned into the National Enquirer of the Sports world. Just wish this stupid cable company of mine carried NFL Network.

I agree with you guys. Everyone has made a good point as to why ESPN has fallen big time.

It was routine to get up and watch them in the morning, before heading off to college, and eventually work.

The first thing I would do when I got home would eb to rush to the tv, turn on ESPN and grab something to eat.

Now? I don't even bother. I can go days, weeks without even turning in.

Chris Berman is brutal to watch.

The ESPN Sunday Night crew? The reason why the mute button was invented.

I could go on and on, but you guys have summed things up very well.

Agreed they need competition. Like watching Monday Quarterback. Was listening to ESPN radio Saturday, the Huddle and all they could talk about is T Owens, even after a caller asked them to move on, that there is alot more football news out there. Atleast they have some Jet fans there.

I was watching Sportscenter this morning and apparently they are coming out with a show called "ESPN Hollywood" supposed to be an Entertainment Tonight-type show for sports. :shock:

ESPN is complete and utter garbage now. Aside from Baseball Tonight and maybe ESPNews, there is absolutely no reason you should watch that crap.

What is the deal with Michael Irvin!!!! Is he the biggest TO shill ever! I can't stand him saying to just "Give TO his money!" What an a$$hole.

As if money would bring that a-hole in line. Eagles are holding all the cards. I would like to see this pri*k sit the entire year.

Bad Hosts: Every new host that repeats every phrase that the great hosts made. They are all cheap rip offs.

great point, what the hell happened to him? he sounds like he majored in ebonics now.

What is the deal with Michael Irvin!!!! Is he the biggest TO shill ever! I can't stand him saying to just "Give TO his money!" What an a$$hole.

As if money would bring that a-hole in line. Eagles are holding all the cards. I would like to see this pri*k sit the entire year.

good pt. i'd luv nothing more than to see him sit out this year & philly win the superbowl (if jets don't )just to prove a pt to that worthless,pompous poisonous ass.

terrell owens is whats bad for football

good pt. i'd luv nothing more than to see him sit out this year & philly win the superbowl (if jets don't )just to prove a pt to that worthless,pompous poisonous a$$.

terrell owens is whats bad for football

I have to disagree, TO is not what's bad with football but the absolute truth about footbal, namely that owners for years now can cut players at a whim and not pay them the salary in the contract and only take a cap hit on the signing bonus. TO is still a pr*ck, no doubt, but I wouldn't say HE is what's bad for football but rather that he magnifies the truth of the situation. All we have to do is look in our own backyard for a similar situation, LC (not Abe).

I saw when they sent Kenny Mayne to Sturgis, SD for the bike rally; it could've been a very entertaining 1 hour show-on Discovery, National Geographic or A&E. They rest of it is a stimulus to change the channel, along with the X games.It's like they forgot what they are about or should be about-sports. I know it's not life and death, but they just keep moving away form the reason they succeeded in the first place-20s and up guys wanting to see major sports.

Used to be a WCW PPV Hog Wild... it was just a bad idea.

Anyway, ESPN sucks. They buried hockey. Not that the NHL wouldn't have done it to itself, eventually... but the lack of NHL coverage, and at the same time, shoving the NBA down our throats... that's complete garbage. Compared to the NBA, the NHL has such a rich history. It's deeper than the NFL's history too.

The X Games suck.

They do cover college sports well. I'll give them that. They have to. Or else the NCAA will bury ESPN. When ESPN was nothing, boxing, hockey, baseball... they were all more popular. Then ESPN came along, killed baseball with the quick highlights, killed boxing, and killed hockey.

Then there's their shows. SC has become unbearable to watch. NFL Live is alright, unless Sean Salisbury has his mouth open. Their NFL pregame shows on Sunday and Monday are both horrible. It's not as bad as CBS's show, but it's close. Their basketball... it's all about Shaq and the Lakers. Stephen A Smith is a horrible personality, just horrible. Greg Anthony don't know his head from his a$$hole. Tim Legler... who in the hell is he? Baseball tonight is a good show. And that's where it ends.

I saw the commercials for ESPN Hollywood. Holy crap... what a bad idea. I don't think I'm going out on too much of a limb by saying those who watch ESPN aren't your average 12-18 year old, or predominantly female. It's your sports fan, 18-35, as most of us are on this board. I don't think any of us would watch more than five seconds of that show, and that's from channel surfing.

Archived