ESPN Sportscenter, nearly unwatchable

Matt39

The best thing on ESPN is Cheapseat withOUT ron parker on ESPN Classic.

that show is HILARIOUS.

kinda like Mystery Science Theater 3000, but with sports.

The Sklar brothers just covered for Jim Rome on the radio and had me laughing my ass off. Those dudes are funny.

Yes, Jay Leno and Kevin Eubanks vs. Hulk Hogan and Vincent (I think it was Vincent).

Talk about pure crap.

I think it might have been Leno and DDP against Hogan and Bischoff. Either way... pure crap. And people wonder why WCW isn't around anymore [-X

But to keep this on track... PTI is always a good show. It's 40 minutes long too... taking ten minutes up on the six o'clock SC.

What is the deal with Michael Irvin!!!! Is he the biggest TO shill ever! I can't stand him saying to just "Give TO his money!" What an a$$hole.

As if money would bring that a-hole in line. Eagles are holding all the cards. I would like to see this pri*k sit the entire year.

I always love the part where Irvin says "My man TO just wanna win."

No Michael, TO just wants the money!

Isnt Hogan fighting HBK @ Summerslam next Sunday?

I havent watched wrestling in years.

Yeah... I sadly still watch every Monday night. I don't know why I do, but I do. It's abuse. It really is. It's really bad right now. Piss poor writing, piss poor wrestling... but there's some top flight talent on the show. By talent I mean ladies. Trish Stratus, Stacy Keibler... can't go wrong.

Yeah... I sadly still watch every Monday night. I don't know why I do, but I do. It's abuse. It really is. It's really bad right now. Piss poor writing, piss poor wrestling... but there's some top flight talent on the show. By talent I mean ladies. Trish Stratus, Stacy Keibler... can't go wrong.

Not that I know that much anymore, but it seems like the WWF(screw the WWE) turned into everything it used to speak out against, the WCW.

Last time I watched religiously was probably back in 98 and prior.

Not that I know that much anymore, but it seems like the WWF(screw the WWE) turned into everything it used to speak out against, the WCW.

Last time I watched religiously was probably back in 98 and prior.

No... not quite. They turned back into the 1980's WWF. Which was no high spots, very little action, rest holds out the yin yang, and Hulk Hogan always in the main event. But, if I didn't watch, I'd have nothing to bitch about.

I have to disagree, TO is not what's bad with football but the absolute truth about footbal, namely that owners for years now can cut players at a whim and not pay them the salary in the contract and only take a cap hit on the signing bonus. TO is still a pr*ck, no doubt, but I wouldn't say HE is what's bad for football but rather that he magnifies the truth of the situation. All we have to do is look in our own backyard for a similar situation, LC (not Abe).

are u freakin nuts???

thats what keeps the NFL the best sport. In basketball teams suck for years cause they are stuck with outrageous salaries of players who stink.

The NFL got around that by allowing big upfront bonuses and fairly minimal yearly salaries.

Plahyers getting 8 million signing bonus and then a 7 year deal at 1 million a year are not huring when they get cut. But it allows the team to spread the bonus over many years. The best motivating factor in the world in the NFL is the rule that you lose your salary if you get cut before season starts.

Baseball and NBA just produces lazy asses who are content to take the money whether they make team or not.

I was just like you smizz.

I would watch the same episode 2 or 3 times on a saturday morning while eating breakfast and doing other things. Now I don't even turn on the channel. I only watch NFL network or occasionally espn news.

ESPN is a horrible, horrible station.

I bet I watch court tv more.

I'm with you guys. I may watch SC during the season at times or when i want to hear about a development but thats about it. NFL Network, History channel, A&E and a few others gets my attention these days.

ESPN has 4 shows which I would watch if it is on. Around the Horn and PTI definitely hands down, ESPN owns me from 5-6. Baseball Tonight...definitely. The Best single sport coverage show that ESPN has. The final one is Sunday Night Countdown. I know that people complain about Berman, but they would still ignore the mildly amusing comments for good coverage of the NFL.

ESPN Hollywood...cancelled in 6 weeks

are u freakin nuts???

thats what keeps the NFL the best sport. In basketball teams suck for years cause they are stuck with outrageous salaries of players who stink.

The NFL got around that by allowing big upfront bonuses and fairly minimal yearly salaries.

Plahyers getting 8 million signing bonus and then a 7 year deal at 1 million a year are not huring when they get cut. But it allows the team to spread the bonus over many years. The best motivating factor in the world in the NFL is the rule that you lose your salary if you get cut before season starts.

Baseball and NBA just produces lazy asses who are content to take the money whether they make team or not.

I can't disagree with you that this is why football is clearly the best sport because the players can be cut at a whim unlike baseball and basketball where you have guys (Alan Houston) sitting on the bench collecting $20M! I'm just saying that guys like TO and LC have figured out the way to get around that and that is simply to ignore their contracts to try and get a new contract and therefore more signing bonus (guaranteed) money. It's lame but an effective way to get around the owner's power to control the money. I don't like it but it works (see LC).

Even ESPNEWS is becoming unbearable to me lately because it seems Kirk Jimenez (a/k/a Guy That Insists on Enunciating Every Spanish Player's Name) is on every damn night.

And wrestling is terrible now. I quit watching right about the time the WWF botched the unbotchable and turned their takeover angle of WCW into complete garbage.

Even ESPNEWS is becoming unbearable to me lately because it seems Kirk Jimenez (a/k/a Guy That Insists on Enunciating Every Spanish Player's Name) is on every damn night.

And wrestling is terrible now. I quit watching right about the time the WWF botched the unbotchable and turned their takeover angle of WCW into complete garbage.

Unbotchable? My friend, you've never seen Vince McMahon in action!

Archived