Ryan Moats

Jetlag

This kid is looking real good in this game. I was PRAYING for him to be a Jet. God, why can't they ever draft anyone I want in the later rounds??? (Although I did beg for Derrick Strait and Terry came through.)

Anyway, it sucks that Moats is going to be stuck behind Westbrook because he's going to one of the most untapped talents in this league for the next few years until he becomes a FA, LaMont Jordan-esque.

westbrook is actually involved in some serious contract disputes with the Eagles. He's an RFA and refused an offer of 8 mil up front, 13 guarunteed - he wants to make "lamont jordan money" (about 17 mil total) - Eagles don't think he's worth it and he isn't.

Also without Stinkston and Mitchell and Chad Lewis and maybe sans TO the Eagles could really benefit from a backfield of Moats as the single and Westbrook split out. for the Eagles, TO probably isn't a long term answer anyway in terms of offensive fire power. He becomes a FA and the Eagles play Moats and Westy? could be. Moats replaces Westy at a 10th of the price? also a possibility

so long story short Moats could be a productive Eagle for a long time. and i agree it was a very good draft pick. All in all the eagles had a great draft - Considine is an R44 fave - Kenyonta Marshall is a Bitonti/GJ&H deep DT sleeper - Todd Herremans is a real player. Mike Patterson, Reggie Brown - All in all a great draft.

Archived