New Yankee Stadium and Citi Field Construction Thread

Morrissey

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're both looking good. Citi's still too small but it looks promising.

Yeah, CitiField is significantly smaller than Shea, but it looks significantly nicer.

New Yankee Stadium won't be the same at all though. Look at that giant, gaudy jumbotron they've installed! Way to take eyes off of the game on the field. I like old ballparks better usually because they're built for watching the game on the field, rather than as an Amusement Park with a baseball game in the middle of it.

Oh, and the dimensions of the New Yankee stadium aren't the same as in the old.

Less room behind home plate, for example.

The back stop is not exactly part of the dimensions... Dimensions are a little different. 318 and 314 down the lines, same as the current Yankee Stadium. 408 in center field, same as the current Yankee Stadiu, but the new Yankee Stadium will be shorter in the gaps, also, the back stop is closer to the stands, nothing wrong with that.... I believe there is also less foul territory.

The back stop is not exactly part of the dimensions... Dimensions are a little different. 318 and 314 down the lines, same as the current Yankee Stadium. 408 in center field, same as the current Yankee Stadiu, but the new Yankee Stadium will be shorter in the gaps, also, the back stop is closer to the stands, nothing wrong with that.... I believe there is also less foul territory.

Right... less foul territory... changes the game. More foul territory, more outs, happier pitchers.

Yeah, CitiField is significantly smaller than Shea, but it looks significantly nicer.

New Yankee Stadium won't be the same at all though. Look at that giant, gaudy jumbotron they've installed! Way to take eyes off of the game on the field. I like old ballparks better usually because they're built for watching the game on the field, rather than as an Amusement Park with a baseball game in the middle of it.

It's way too small for NY.

• 2 months later...
The stadium could certainly afford to be a bit smaller then Shea, but it seems like they've gone too far.

If the Mets ever make the playoffs again, getting tickets will be a nightmare.

I think he was talking about the Yankees old scoreboard. But yeah, your point remains.

At the end of his career, compare the % of games played. If A-Rod is over 50% at SS then we can talk.

He's already played more games at SS than Wagner, and Wagner has currently played more games at positions other than SS, those facts in itself.. gives him the advantage, what does it matter what the percentage is? A-Rod matched Wagners home run totals.. after his first 3 full seasons.

He's already played more games at SS than Wagner, that fact in itself.. gives him the advantage, what does it matter what the percentage is?

Ok, ok. If ARod ever wins more WS than Honus Wagner did (1), then maybe I'll concede the point.

Archived