Tim McGill gets noticed by fan.

RSJ

Althought he says he can play the 3 technique - it would be nice to see him play some NT with the first teams.

http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkxMjEmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY3NDgwODAmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

McGill has a shot

Tim McGill was tickled to learn that a Jets fan sent an e-mail to a reporter noting how impressive the defensive tackle was in the second half of Friday's win over Detroit.

"Cool," McGill said. "I'm glad somebody noticed me."

The Jets are taking a fresh look after McGill used his deceptive speed to register a third-down sack of the Lions' Dan Orlovsky. Herman Edwards calls the 6-foot-2, 325-pounder "probably one of the strongest guys we've got."

Jets' officials initially didn't give McGill much of a shot to make the final roster, even after he made the All-NFL Europe first team.

However, McGill, who is still listed as a nose tackle on the team's depth chart, has been working at the three-technique position. And with Dewayne Robertson's braced left knee causing some concern and Alan Harper the other backup, perhaps McGill can still find his niche.

As for those who think he's too big to play the "three," he advised otherwise.

"I've got the perfect size-speed combo," he said. "I think I can be trouble for a lot of people. Honestly, I think I can do the same things against first and second offensive lines. I'd like to get some more plays and show a little bit more of what I can do."

That could come Friday against Minnesota

Uh huh... just fess up. It'll be easier on all of us.

:lol:

It was not me!

Trust me, I have barely seen this guy even play, I wouldnt waste my time emailing reporters about him. Maybe it was Cimini who told McGill about the JN chat where somebody here asked about McGill??

I really hope McGill can go out there and be a big immovable object next to DRob. And from what I saw, he can REALLY MOVE. I was shocked to see his great quickness. Especially for a man his size, it was very impressive. I liked what I saw from Pouha on friday, I thought he did a good job at the line holding up and making tackles for little or no gain. IMO, we wont miss Fergy.

:lol:

It was not me!

Trust me, I have barely seen this guy even play, I wouldnt waste my time emailing reporters about him. Maybe it was Cimini who told McGill about the JN chat where somebody here asked about McGill??

I really hope McGill can go out there and be a big immovable object next to DRob. And from what I saw, he can REALLY MOVE. I was shocked to see his great quickness. Especially for a man his size, it was very impressive. I liked what I saw from Pouha on friday, I thought he did a good job at the line holding up and making tackles for little or no gain. IMO, we wont miss Fergy.

Dude, we know you... you have that kind of time to waste, and we wouldn't put it past you. Just own up to it. I mean, you were pimping him in the chat room. Just own up to it. It's ok. We won't make fun of you... much.

Archived