If you had to choose......

PETROCK

...which whining crybaby would you rather have on the Jets?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. ...which whining crybaby would you rather have on the Jets?

For our team, Abe.

TO is just cancer. Sure he will win you a few games but in the end he will bring you down.

Abe on the other hand is young and not so full of himself. If he gets on the field this year we could be talking a top 3 defense, one that puts fear into other teams.

BZ

The Jets front office could never handle the public antics of a T.O. The NY media's scrutiny would further exacerbate the problem. Could you imagine how "flustrated" Herm would be? Could you imagine T.O. going off on Penny on the sidelines? You're all crazy for wanting T.O. and it is thinking like that that should make you give thanks that you are not in charge of the NY Jets.

Great question. TO is a pain in the a$$, but his selfishness can actually be manipulated to help win games. Abe's selfishness makes him want to cash checks and sit out. TO all the way.

Thanks!!! I may not have an ounce of insight or anything like that during the entire football season, but I go away for a few months and I can throw in a good question every once in a while. :lol:

So does my question merit "Forum Question of the Day"?? :-k

I would have to agree that BOTH TO and Abe are both pains in the asses. What's worse though; to leave during training camp or not even show up for training camp???

The fact that TO palyed with a broken leg for the SB shows me that the guy, at least, wants to win a SB; unlike Abe who's just in it for the money.

BZ and joe - Whether on a team or even an office envirnoment, if you see a player dogging it and riding an injury excuse long past the recovery time, you do not think less of him?

While TO is everything you said, he was out on the field 7 weeks after fracturing his ankle. He was out there giving the Eagles a chance at a title.

Abe was the one sitting on the bench not risking his next contract.

Every team has a TO personality. Maybe not to his level, but they are on every team.

I will take the a$$hole who produces on the field, to the one that is putting himself first before the team everyday of the week.

Do you think Abe is going to give 100% and risk a huge contract? Hell no. IMHO that is a POS to me, but maybe that is just me.

The Jets front office could never handle the public antics of a T.O. The NY media's scrutiny would further exacerbate the problem. Could you imagine how "flustrated" Herm would be? Could you imagine T.O. going off on Penny on the sidelines? You're all crazy for wanting T.O. and it is thinking like that that should make you give thanks that you are not in charge of the NY Jets.

If there's one thing that I do give Herm credit for, is the fact that he knows how to handle people. He knows how to work with people. I imagine that Andy Reid is a "It's my way, or the highway" kind of guy. I think Herm is all about comprimising and about working things out. If TO were on the Jets, Herm would be able to handle him and I think TO would be happy to play for Herm so there wouldn't be any outbursts by TO.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!!

BZ and joe - Whether on a team or even an office envirnoment, if you see a player dogging it and riding an injury excuse long past the recovery time, you do not think less of him?

While TO is everything you said, he was out on the field 7 weeks after fracturing his ankle. He was out there giving the Eagles a chance at a title.

Abe was the one sitting on the bench not risking his next contract.

Every team has a TO personality. Maybe not to his level, but they are on every team.

I will take the a$$hole who produces on the field, to the one that is putting himself first before the team everyday of the week.

Do you think Abe is going to give 100% and risk a huge contract? Hell no. IMHO that is a POS to me, but maybe that is just me.

That BS about Abraham not wanting to play is just that. He made a stupid comment that got taken out of hand, but it has been said many many times that he tried to practice but he was simply not able to play. Sure, maybe throw him in there a few downs but it wouldn't matter because he would be completely ineffective. I don't like that he's holding out like this and not accepting the contract, that doesn't mean it's ok to just plain lie about what occurred last year. Abraham should get his a$$ to camp and prove he can stay healthy for a full year before we give him any long-term contract. And I'd definitely take him over TO. Maybe last year I would have taken TO instead, but what he's doing right now is just disgraceful. I can't stand that guy.

Abe all the way

TS, the Eagles got to the Super Bowl without TO (inj), they lost it with him..the bashes everyone on his team, from the HC to the OC to the QB..he thinks he is bigger then the game itself...I wish the owners would get together & black ball him out of the league but we know that CANNOT happen..he hurts the leagues image as much as it hurts the chemistry of ind. teams...

NO TO T.O.

I went with Abe. They are both whiney crybabies but at the end of the day Abe will probably get a long-term contract and then knock it off. If you pay T.O. it’s only a year or two before he decides that the contract he signed was insulting and he drags the whole team through the mud. Abraham might be a baby but at least he keeps his mouth shut (with the exception of one or two ridiculous comments).

I knew I was leaving myself wide open for that one. However, I thought it would be one of the young idiots that would jump all over it, not an old idiot :wink: :lol: j/k 13!!!!!

Btw - hardly.

And as TS say's when you leave yourself wide open

your at your best!! :wink: :mrgreen:

For the fact the TO cries at both his house and on the field, while Abraham just cries at his house, I would take Abraham. He is one solid piece to our defense, and i don't think that Owens could greatly improve our offense much more that it is, since we do have Chad's arm. He was a great player under quarterbacks with guns for arms (Young, Garcia, McNabb). He isn't exactly a possession receiver which is what he would be in our system. Since we wouldn't be able to use him to his potential, but would still have to deal with him, it is TO Out; Abe in.

That BS about Abraham not wanting to play is just that. He made a stupid comment that got taken out of hand, but it has been said many many times that he tried to practice but he was simply not able to play. Sure, maybe throw him in there a few downs but it wouldn't matter because he would be completely ineffective. I don't like that he's holding out like this and not accepting the contract, that doesn't mean it's ok to just plain lie about what occurred last year. Abraham should get his a$$ to camp and prove he can stay healthy for a full year before we give him any long-term contract. And I'd definitely take him over TO. Maybe last year I would have taken TO instead, but what he's doing right now is just disgraceful. I can't stand that guy.

[-X

And a few years back when he missed a game because of a head cold?

If his injury was that bad and he would be ineffective, put him IR and get a player out there to help.

Patriots brought in Hank Poteat, the week of the Superbowl. He had not played all year and saw time in the Superbowl.

It smells fishy. Abe was putting himself in front of the team.

I'd take Abraham any day.

The whole TO is just totally out of control especially with the Philly media. They were all camped out at his house and the Eagles training facility like it was the O.J. Simpson trial. The guy is a cancer and mark my words unless the Eagles just either find a sucker to take him T.O. will singlehandedly cost the Eagles a trip to the Super Bowl.

[-X

And a few years back when he missed a game because of a head cold?

quote]

A head cold? thats stupid, stick to things you know at least a little bit about ok? Abe will be a Jet and he will reek fear into your patsie* backfield by Dec 4th..

Archived