Abe May Be Coming In & Changing #s

faba

Abraham may sign deal soon

BOB GLAUBER

August 23, 2005

Holdout defensive end John Abraham could be back with the Jets by the end of the week, but not with the long-term contract he's hoping for.

A person with knowledge of the Jets' situation said yesterday that the team is optimistic that Abraham will end his holdout by signing a one-year contract for $6.7 million.

"[Abraham] is here in town, so I think he'll come in," the person said.

Once Abraham does come in, look for him to make one fairly significant change. He'll be wearing uniform No. 56, a change from the No. 94 he previously wore.

While the Jets have no immediate plans to give Abraham a long-term contract, there is a good chance he will get a new deal if he plays well this season.

Once Abraham does come in, look for him to make one fairly significant change. He'll be wearing uniform No. 56, a change from the No. 94 he previously wore.

Who the hell does he think he is? He better have a crap load of blow if even wants to think about being LT.

56? What the hell? Sam Cowart wanna-be? :wink:

In all serious though, that sucks for anyone who has an Abe jersey that still likes him and would wear it.

Just think though, I had a green and a white McGraw jersey. :cry:

Can't figure why he would want to change #'s.

I can't understand why Grown men would want

to wear another man's name on their Back?? Or

get their signature either unless it's on a big

Fat check! :wink: And that in no way takes away

from those preowned undies TS gave you for your

birthday with his name on it!! =D>

Bob Glauber of Newsday reported on Tuesday that "[a] person with knowledge of the Jets' situation said yesterday that the team is optimistic that [defensive end John] Abraham will end his holdout by signing a one-year contract for $6.7 million."

A source with knowledge of Abraham's situation tells us that the report is not accurate.

"Not for a while. A long while," said the source as to whether and when Abraham will be signing the franchise tender.

I can't help but laugh at all you guys who spend $225 on a jersey and have one for 1/2 the team. You now have a $225 relic of a player who won't be around next season to add to what I bet are 10 others sitting in your drawer collecting dust. Spending cash on an ONE authentic jersey of a franchise player is one thing, buying one for every FA and Draft Pick the minute they sign is pissing away money.

I can't help but laugh at all you guys who spend $225 on a jersey and have one for 1/2 the team. You now have a $225 relic of a player who won't be around next season to add to what I bet are 10 others sitting in your drawer collecting dust. Spending cash on an ONE authentic jersey of a franchise player is one thing, buying one for every FA and Draft Pick the minute they sign is pissing away money.

Are you talking about me? :wink:

Lets go through my list of current players jerseys I have that still fit me:

Pennington - 3 (Green, White, Black)

Chrebet - 1 (Green)

Martin - 2 (Green, White)

Coles - 1 (Green)

Vilma - 1 (Green)

Hobson - 1 (White)

Nugent - 1 (Green)

Law - 1 (White)

I'm sure there are others who have more than I do.

Are you talking about me? :wink:

Lets go through my list of current players jerseys I have that still fit me:

Pennington - 3 (Green, White, Black)

Chrebet - 1 (Green)

Martin - 2 (Green, White)

Coles - 1 (Green)

Vilma - 1 (Green)

Hobson - 1 (White)

Nugent - 1 (Green)

Law - 1 (White)

I'm sure there are others who have more than I do.

all of your jerseys are not authentic

Archived