Fallout3 - anyone have it?

Fishooked

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have played it, was addicted to it, its not like your final fantasy style role playing game, more like a FPS that has over 20 hours of game play but you also do level up skills and such, its good... but i picked up Left 4 Dead and i am ADDICTED to that....

I have played it, was addicted to it, its not like your final fantasy style role playing game, more like a FPS that has over 20 hours of game play but you also do level up skills and such, its good... but i picked up Left 4 Dead and i am ADDICTED to that....

Is that a FPS shooter with missions and what not too? Available on the PS3?

Is that a FPS shooter with missions and what not too? Available on the PS3?

Its only on xbox, its a FPS zombie survival game, most of the game play is coop with a group a 4 people and you have to work together to get from safehouse to safe house, its real fun. You can also play as the zombies to try and stop a group of players from getting to the safe house.

On fallout 3 im going to take my statement of it being a FPS, you have a First person veiw with many differnt things you can do from side missions to sticking to the main story line or just going out an exploring a huge world for hours... but you do have you occasional fight thats when it becomes a FPS its not like doom with action all over the place, A lot of talking to people, picking up items selling them, hacking computer, picking locks, side quests...if you like games that have a lot of game play i hear over 20 hours its a sick game to have.

Its only on xbox, its a FPS zombie survival game, most of the game play is coop with a group a 4 people and you have to work together to get from safehouse to safe house, its real fun. You can also play as the zombies to try and stop a group of players from getting to the safe house.

On fallout 3 im going to take my statement of it being a FPS, you have a First person veiw with many differnt things you can do from side missions to sticking to the main story line or just going out an exploring a huge world for hours... but you do have you occasional fight thats when it becomes a FPS its not like doom with action all over the place, A lot of talking to people, picking up items selling them, hacking computer, picking locks, side quests...if you like games that have a lot of game play i hear over 20 hours its a sick game to have.

Cool, thanks for the info, I might have to pick it up. Also thinking about Resistance2...

• 3 weeks later...

I returned another game I got for xmas and got Fallout3.

At first I was confused as hell and wanted to put it down, but then I found out that I coudnt.

Game is addicting as hell once you get the hang of it. Cool enemies, cool targeting system. My only complaints are not enough cash and not enough ammo, lol.

I returned another game I got for xmas and got Fallout3.

At first I was confused as hell and wanted to put it down, but then I found out that I coudnt.

Game is addicting as hell once you get the hang of it. Cool enemies, cool targeting system. My only complaints are not enough cash and not enough ammo, lol.

As you level up there are perks that can get you more bottle caps and ammo.

• 3 weeks later...
As you level up there are perks that can get you more bottle caps and ammo.

I figured out the easiest way to get cash & ammo was to just be an evil bastard.

I wasted a trade caravan just outside Megaton, wiped out everyone in the Common House, killed Doc Church and took all his ****...

Then when the sheriff got killed I opened up the armory, killed the robot deputy inside, and now Im using it as my personal storeroom... :corn:

Although I prefer Oblivion's level system with individual experience statistics, I like how Fallout leaves some really tough and some really easy throughout, according to reviews. That target system looks really interesting. I loved Oblivion, so I'd say I'd like this game.

My first impression based on pics/videos was that they should've done more work on the character models and animations, they look the exact same as Oblivion's.

Although I prefer Oblivion's level system with individual experience statistics, I like how Fallout leaves some really tough and some really easy throughout, according to reviews. That target system looks really interesting. I loved Oblivion, so I'd say I'd like this game.

My first impression based on pics/videos was that they should've done more work on the character models and animations, they look the exact same as Oblivion's.

I'd never played Oblivion, and Im not really a fan of RPG's at all - but I love this game. Ive already wasted countless hours scavenging crap just for money.

Im not even going to attempt the main quest yet until my Levels are much higher than they are right now.

I'd never played Oblivion, and Im not really a fan of RPG's at all - but I love this game. Ive already wasted countless hours scavenging crap just for money.

Im not even going to attempt the main quest yet until my Levels are much higher than they are right now.

Sounds like me before I played Oblivion. :D

Thoroughly enjoyed this game. Last game I was addicted to like this was Oblivion, before the FF7

I figured out the easiest way to get cash & ammo was to just be an evil bastard.

I wasted a trade caravan just outside Megaton, wiped out everyone in the Common House, killed Doc Church and took all his ****...

Then when the sheriff got killed I opened up the armory, killed the robot deputy inside, and now Im using it as my personal storeroom... :corn:

How do you kill the robot? I shoot him a billion times and he never dies...plus, all the people in the town start trying to kill me.

How do you kill the robot? I shoot him a billion times and he never dies...plus, all the people in the town start trying to kill me.

I took some Jet and Pyscho just before I entered...I used an assault rifle on him and somehow took him down before he could torch me with the flamethrower.

I think the key is to do it with the door closed, and make sure no one else sees what you're doing.

I tried it once before, but ran out of these when I was getting flamed...of course the gunfire alerted everyone else and they took me down...

I took some Jet and Pyscho just before I entered...I used an assault rifle on him and somehow took him down before he could torch me with the flamethrower.

I think the key is to do it with the door closed, and make sure no one else sees what you're doing.

I tried it once before, but ran out of these when I was getting flamed...of course the gunfire alerted everyone else and they took me down...

I never have enough ammo.

All of the trade caravans go through Canterbury Commons. You just have to wait there and waste them. Get their keys and loot their storeroom.

Also, be sure to do the robot mission in Rivet City. The gun you receive is one of the best in the game. There's also an alien gun in a UFO crash site that is excellent.

All of the trade caravans go through Canterbury Commons. You just have to wait there and waste them. Get their keys and loot their storeroom.

Also, be sure to do the robot mission in Rivet City. The gun you receive is one of the best in the game. There's also an alien gun in a UFO crash site that is excellent.

Yeah, I wasted Crazy Wolfgang. He didn't have much for me to buy from him anyway, and I wasted his caravzn as they were approcahing Megaton.

But he had like 400+ caps on him, and I took the rest of his **** and sold it.

What happens if you waste a caravan in front of Megaton? Not a good idea with that sniper up there and the Protectron?

Yeah, I wasted Crazy Wolfgang. He didn't have much for me to buy from him anyway, and I wasted his caravzn as they were approcahing Megaton.

But he had like 400+ caps on him, and I took the rest of his **** and sold it.

What happens if you waste a caravan in front of Megaton? Not a good idea with that sniper up there and the Protectron?

I don't know. I just waited outside Canterbury Commons and they all came to me. Remember to kill their Brahmins, as they are carrying alot of stuff as well.

I never have enough ammo.

My suggestion to you is to try and steal as much **** as you can, sell if off or trade it for ammo.

I hope Im not giving anything anway in here, but there wasnt as much in the Armory as I had hoped.

Theres a couple fo 10mm pistols, 2 or 3 hunting rifles, 2 or 3 Chinese assault rifles, some ammo, plus you get flamer fuel and energy cells from the wasted robot.

Since I dont have a 'house' yet Id been unloading extra equipment in there for now, and its always still there when I got back.

Where's that? I haven't really gotten far into the game, because every time I need ammo and crap I gotta go all the way back to Megaton....is there any other towns that are bordered off like Megaton, where no one will try and kill me?

Where's that? I haven't really gotten far into the game, because every time I need ammo and crap I gotta go all the way back to Megaton....is there any other towns that are bordered off like Megaton, where no one will try and kill me?

It's north of DC. I've never had a problem with ammo. Just keep tooling around and kill raiders and super mutants. As you level up, there's a perk that gets you extra ammo.

People (and various other creatures) will always try and kill you, lol.

But in order to find other locations you're going to have to go out and explore, and kill things. Once you clear an area or a building, just scour and scavenge everything you can.

There's caps and ammo in many many places, you just have to look.

I love the game so much I ponied up and bought the guide, its 24.99, but you're getting 400+ pages worth of info, not to mention a huge fold out map to boot.

In interests of full disclosure, I changed my difficulty to 'very easy' :biggrin: but it reduces the XP you get for kills.

My suggestion to you is to try and steal as much **** as you can, sell if off or trade it for ammo.

I hope Im not giving anything anway in here, but there wasnt as much in the Armory as I had hoped.

Theres a couple fo 10mm pistols, 2 or 3 hunting rifles, 2 or 3 Chinese assault rifles, some ammo, plus you get flamer fuel and energy cells from the wasted robot.

Since I dont have a 'house' yet Id been unloading extra equipment in there for now, and its always still there when I got back.

Well, I did this, and it helped a lot....after that, I just noticed a cabinet in Moriarty's saloon that had a lockpick difficulty of very easy...I opened, and guess what I found! Moriarty's terminal password...I found out more about my father without paying Moriarty a dime, and I'm heading to galaxy news radio now.....Also, is it a safe place or are there people who want to kill me in there?

Well, I did this, and it helped a lot....after that, I just noticed a cabinet in Moriarty's saloon that had a lockpick difficulty of very easy...I opened, and guess what I found! Moriarty's terminal password...I found out more about my father without paying Moriarty a dime, and I'm heading to galaxy news radio now.....Also, is it a safe place or are there people who want to kill me in there?

Good deal...Im not so sure you'd want to attempt that mission just yet.

My plan is to gain as much XP, caps, ammo, weapons, and health as possible before attempting some of these main quests. After reading the guide, some of them look just downright hairy.

Galaxy News Radio looks like one of them!

As of right now, the only safe place for you right now is Megton.

Creatures, Raiders and various other ghastly abominations are always going to try to kill you. Its not necessarily a bad thing to just go out and explore.

After all, killing said things will get you XP, ammo, items, and other cool stuff.

Oh and FYI, if you decide to disarm the bomb in Megaton, you're reward is a boatload of XP and your own place in Megaton. You can store all your crap in there.

Good deal...Im not so sure you'd want to attempt that mission just yet.

My plan is to gain as much XP, caps, ammo, weapons, and health as possible before attempting some of these main quests. After reading the guide, some of them look just downright hairy.

Galaxy News Radio looks like one of them!

As of right now, the only safe place for you right now is Megton.

Creatures, Raiders and various other ghastly abominations are always going to try to kill you. Its not necessarily a bad thing to just go out and explore.

After all, killing said things will get you XP, ammo, items, and other cool stuff.

Oh and FYI, if you decide to disarm the bomb in Megaton, you're reward is a boatload of XP and your own place in Megaton. You can store all your crap in there.

What's the best way to gain XP besides killing things?

Ive reached 'Very Evil Marauder' status... :evilgrin0041:

I guess killing all the trade caravans might do that..not to mention the entire Stahl family in Megaton....

If anycare cares, there 400 caps or more to be had when you kill the Stahls in the Brass Lantern...use the terminal to unlock the floor safe and theres 300 caps in there

Archived