Sporting News: Meadowlands Area Is sh*thole

shockazooloo

Meadowlands AREA rated #22 of 31

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today the Sporting News released a rating scorecard for all 31 NFL Stadiums. When they get to the Meadowland's it's interesting what they say about the area, not the stadium mind you, but the area in which the stadium sits...

Here's the "Sporting News" synopsis of our "Giants" stadium.

22. Giants Stadium, New York Giants, Jets

The only home for two NFL teams has all the appeal of the Jersey swampland on which it sits. Though it's just 6.9 miles from Times Square, this is not a great location for a football stadium. This huge, bland arena has very little personality, save for the legend of Jimmy Hoffa's corpse being buried here and the quirky winds.

Says it all, doesn't it?

Here's the link to the full article http://www.sportingnews.com/yourtur...pic.php?t=10830 =D>

I love where the stadium is. Who gives a sh*t about the Swampland? It's close to New York City. Not every stadium needs to be inside a city.

He rated Seattle's Stadium #1 because of the views outside the stadium. Who gives a rats ass about the views? You're there to watch a football game, not to look outside into the sky.

If I was going to knock the stadium, location wouldn't be on my list. Here is my NY Jets rant

How to make game day more enjoyable:

1. The lines getting in are too long. I understand the need for security. Believe me, I appreciate and respect what they do. BUT...I wait on a long line to get in and all they are checking for at this point is beer. Long gone are the days that the guards actually looked for anything more. And when they frisk me they don't consistenly pat my crotch. What's up with that? I wait 20 minutes, I want to be felt up.

2. Parking limitations while Xanadu is being built. Because of this the common folk have bought their way into my prepaid lot. This is not good. I can't mingle with just anyone. I need my space.

3. FlagBoys. Cmon. Get me cheerleaders dammit. Or have Hooters sponsor us. "Hooters Girls". Has a nice ring to it.

4. Halftime Shows - Since Hooters is now a sponsor (see # 3) how come we can't have mud wrestling?

5. Security. The guys with the Yellow Jackets, they are out. If they had strippers checking tickets nobody would need to fight anyone.

To the Jets Front Office:

When you read this please contact me at maxman@jetnation.com. I have lots of other ideas. I think we can work together on this.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Max

Archived