• Wu Tang "36 Chambers"
    • 2pac "All Eyez On Me"
    • NWA "Straight Outta Compton"
    • Snoop Doggy Dogg "Doggystyle"
    • Notorious BIG "Ready to Die"
    • Eminem "Slim Shady LP"
    • Nas "Illmatic"
    • other - and you better explain

Thats what's great about music. Everyone has their own taste and you cant say they are wrong or right.

They just didnt do it for me, like I said the style was definitely there...but content was just poor. And the beats were good, but the samples and cuts were just lame. But thats new hip-hop/rap for you, its super cheesy.

+10000000

I've been listening to a lot of A Tribe Called Quest lately. Dunno why, I liked them when I was younger but now I swear I "appreciate" them more.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+10000000

I've been listening to a lot of A Tribe Called Quest lately. Dunno why, I liked them when I was younger but now I swear I "appreciate" them more.

You are listening to them because they are the greatest Hip Hop band of all time. Midnight Marauders is my all time favorite Hip Hop album.

You are listening to them because they are the greatest Hip Hop band of all time. Midnight Marauders is my all time favorite Hip Hop album.

That's what I'm saying. I "liked" them when I was younger cause I was like "This is cool."

Now I'm like... this is ****ing incredible music. Not good "hip-hop" incredible MUSIC, period.

It's weird, for me my tastes have changed with age. I used to be strict punk/metal with rap sprinkled in. Now I love everything, Blues, Jazz, Alternative, Hip-hop, etc. Outside of country I can say I listen to everything.

That's what I'm saying. I "liked" them when I was younger cause I was like "This is cool."

Now I'm like... this is ****ing incredible music. Not good "hip-hop" incredible MUSIC, period.

It's weird, for me my tastes have changed with age. I used to be strict punk/metal with rap sprinkled in. Now I love everything, Blues, Jazz, Alternative, Hip-hop, etc. Outside of country I can say I listen to everything.

Weird. Me too. I am a die hard punk rock fan. Love it. Still listen to it daily. Hip Hop/Rap followed that love. Nowadays, I listen to it all...besides country. Though I do love good rockabilly.

Warren G recently spoke to HipHopWired about the status of his homeboy Nate Dogg who suffered several strokes over the past few years and was close to death several times. While no one in the Dogg Pound Gang has talked publically about the tragedy, Warren said,

“He is recovering. He had two strokes. The recovery right now is slow but he is improving. I'm the only person that has seen him so far but he's doing good. He's recovering slowly but him having two strokes was deadly so it's a slow process.”

He also spoke of Nate's physical therapy process and him learning to talk and walk again, adding,

“Well you know with recovery like that, you gotta go through therapy and learn how to walk and all kind of stuff again so that's part of the therapy when having a stroke so that's' what it is. He has to go through a lot of therapy. It's a slow process but he's progressing.”

Warren will also be releasing his new album The G-Files on September 29th. The project features the new single “Swagger Rich” with the third member of 213, Snoop Dogg. The album will also include Nate D. O. Double G on the track “100 Miles & Runnin'” along with Raekwon. Going in a whole different direction from the N.W.A. classic, Warren also discussed the track and clarified that although Nate's on the hook, the song isn't dated.

“Nah those vocals weren't old. The vocals aren't old or the beat. None of that is old. That was done maybe like a year ago maybe, that ain't old. Maybe a year and a half. Right before he had the stroke, we did about 8-10 songs where he just did hooks and he was like whatever you want to use, go ahead. The record is definitely not old. It's a great record and Raekwon did his thing over a West coast track and he sounds incredible. Nate is always incredible on a track and the game needs that. We need his voice back in the game and I'm putting it down for him right now with that record. So people can hear that and be like ‘Damn, that's what we've been missing.' That's what we need from the West because he is one of the *****s that was helping the artist here by his hooks and his voice. But “100 Miles & Runnin'” is a totally different thing from the NWA record. Ours is just talking about how we roll.”

The G-Files will also include collaborations with Ray J and RBX. Stay tuned to HipHopWired for our upcoming feature with The G-Child.

Weird. Me too. I am a die hard punk rock fan. Love it. Still listen to it daily. Hip Hop/Rap followed that love. Nowadays, I listen to it all...besides country. Though I do love good rockabilly.

This has happened to me as well. I was a big new wave fan back in the day, and pretty much only listened to old school rap.

I've recently started listening to some folk, and classic country.

Archived