Newsday reporting Patriots duped Jets/others into coaching moves

SouthernJet

Its being reported in todays editions that the Patriots and Belichick succesfully institued a 'sting' against rival NFL teams that a few have fallen for, most notably the Jets.

The premise of the sting, put into place quite a few years ago, was to 'artificially' make a assistant Patriots coach look better than they actually are.

Then the Patriots would 'let' them go to rival teams, hopefully in same division where they would face them twice.

The 3 most notables were:

Romeo Crennel, who the Pats made look better than he was and was 'placed' with the Browns (Pats had hoped to keep him in AFC-E but were happy he at least stayed in AFC)

Charlie Weis, who they padded his offensive importance. The Patriots were bitter at Charlies betrayal when they thought they had him 'placed' in Buffalo, only to have Charlie end up in Notre Dame where is ineptness cant help the Pats on a yearly basis

Eric Mangini, probably the biggest success story of this ingenius sting. Eric' secondary and defensive skills were hightened by Pats propaganda machine to the extent where Eric was 'placed' not only in AFC-E but with long time rival, NY Jets. This way, his defensive shortcomings are helping the Pats twice a year while further demoralizing a rivals fanbase.

Got to hand it to Belly and the Pats, they think of everything :confused:

This is satire for sure.

I hope.

What gives you that idea? That a team coming off 3 titles in 4 years wanted to bring the rest of the NFL down by sending it's coordinators to other teams. Or that SoJet started it?

What gives you that idea? That a team coming off 3 titles in 4 years wanted to bring the rest of the NFL down by sending it's coordinators to other teams. Or that SoJet started it?

Yeah...this sounds like The Onion for sure. Those former Pat coordinators do kinda suck as head coaches, however.

Does the Jets front office actually analyze, interview and meet coaches before they hire them, or do they just see that they're from the Patriots and hire them sight unseen? If so, that's a very cavalier and fool-hearty way to run a franchise.

You're one to talk. Your ****ty franchise tried to get our OC as your HC. It's too bad you were too inept to even manage that.

You're one to talk. Your ****ty franchise tried to get our OC as your HC. It's too bad you were too inept to even manage that.

Brian Schootenheimer was never in the running to become the Dolphins head coach. Those were false rumors. Good thing they weren't true, Brian can hardly handle being an OC, imagine what he'll do when he replaces Mangini as head coach.

Brian Schootenheimer was never in the running to become the Dolphins head coach. Those were false rumors. Good thing they weren't true, Brian can hardly handle being an OC, imagine what he'll do when he replaces Mangini as head coach.

BS

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-29222513_ITM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2730315

God we were a mess. I'd completly forgotten what a disaster we were after Saban. Thank you God for Bill Parcells and thank you, SJ, for the trip down "Horror Road".

What's even more pathetic is your finalists and who eventually got the job, considering you interviewed Mike Tomlin. I bet the only reason your dumb franchise interviewed him was the Rooney Rule, probably had absolutely no idea about the guy aside from that he would satisfy the rule for you. How the hell do you not even give Tomlin a second interview when your finalists are B.Schott and you eventually give the job to Cameron? Mind boggling.

What's even more pathetic is your finalists and who eventually got the job, considering you interviewed Mike Tomlin. I bet the only reason your dumb franchise interviewed him was the Rooney Rule, probably had absolutely no idea about the guy aside from that he would satisfy the rule for you. How the hell do you not even give Tomlin a second interview when your finalists are B.Schott and you eventually give the job to Cameron? Mind boggling.

Again, thank god for Bill Parcells.

One more thing, your franchise was a **** hair away from hiring Mike Tice to be your head coach. That is inept.

Does the Jets front office actually analyze, interview and meet coaches before they hire them, or do they just see that they're from the Patriots and hire them sight unseen? If so, that's a very cavalier and fool-hearty way to run a franchise.

Every time you open your pie hole you prove how stupid you really are. Gullible too. :Nuts:

Who got injured last year?

From my piss poor memory: Chadwick, Vilma, Coles and a few more?

All I'm saying is that Jets fans have made many a statement over the last 7 years about how bad the Pats would suck if they lost Brady.

Or maybe I was thinking about the 2005 Jets. I don't know.

All I know is that the Pats have lost Tom Brady, Rodney Harrison, Adalius Thomas, Laurence Maroney & Teddy Bruschi to the IR. Stephen Neal was on the PUP list until late October.

It is an f'd up year for the Pats injury wise but they are still hanging around.

I chalk that up to Coaching.

From my piss poor memory: Chadwick, Vilma, Coles and a few more?

All I'm saying is that Jets fans have made many a statement over the last 7 years about how bad the Pats would suck if they lost Brady.

Or maybe I was thinking about the 2005 Jets. I don't know.

All I know is that the Pats have lost Tom Brady, Rodney Harrison, Adalius Thomas, Laurence Maroney & Teddy Bruschi to the IR. Stephen Neal was on the PUP list until late October.

It is an f'd up year for the Pats injury wise but they are still hanging around.

I chalk that up to Coaching.

I agree. BB is lightyears ahead of EM at this point. I dont think you're going to find anyone who disagrees with that.

I agree. BB is lightyears ahead of EM at this point. I dont think you're going to find anyone who disagrees with that.

Yes BB* was way ahead of EM, he was Bill Parcells D-coordinator for all those years with the Giants then he was the Browns HC and then d-coordinator with the Patsies* and NY Jets, so had vastly more experience when he took over the Patsies*. It is unfair to compare Mangini to Bellecheat* it is more fair to compare him to other 3 year HC's like Sean Payton

Yes BB* was way ahead of EM, he was Bill Parcells D-coordinator for all those years with the Giants then he was the Browns HC and then d-coordinator with the Patsies* and NY Jets, so had vastly more experience when he took over the Patsies*. It is unfair to compare Mangini to Bellecheat* it is more fair to compare him to other 3 year HC's like Sean Payton

I agree to a point.

Its not fair to compare Mangini to BB but those comparisons have been made many times here and in the NY media.

Mangini didn't have to deal with Hurricane Katrina like Payton did. The Saints were 3-13 in 2005. Payton took over in 2006 after that.

2006: 10-6 (NFC South Champs).

2007: 7-9.

2008: 7-6 so far.

Archived