Your biggest rival?

StillerPaul

I know Jets/Fins used to be one of the great NFL rivalries some years ago. But now that you guys are in a tie with both the Fins and Pats, which one do ya's hate the most?

If the Jets can't win the division, which team would pain you less to see win it ??

I think these last 3 weeks are gonna be extremely exciting in the AFCE, i'll definately have my eyes on it!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
unfortunately our biggest rival is ourselves at this point. Lets see a Brady-less Pats team or a team lead by Chad who we kicked off because he did not fit our system.... UGH

...a little off-topic here, but what was the point in signing Favre if you are going to run the same kind of offense you did with Chad?

I know Jets/Fins used to be one of the great NFL rivalries some years ago. But now that you guys are in a tie with both the Fins and Pats, which one do ya's hate the most?

If the Jets can't win the division, which team would pain you less to see win it ??

I think these last 3 weeks are gonna be extremely exciting in the AFCE, i'll definately have my eyes on it!

jets biggest rivals are the Lions

...a little off-topic here, but what was the point in signing Favre if you are going to run the same kind of offense you did with Chad?

Great question. I've been trying to find the answer for that one all season long.

I will say that after seeing Favre try to go deep lately, I'm not sure it's a good idea anymore. Either he can't go deep anymore without it either being overthrown or picked --OR-- our wideouts can't get enough separation from DBs.

Great question. I've been trying to find the answer for that one all season long.

I will say that after seeing Favre try to go deep lately, I'm not sure it's a good idea anymore. Either he can't go deep anymore without it either being overthrown or picked --OR-- our wideouts can't get enough separation from DBs.

...or he's almost 40. :)

I think it's a combination, truth be told. His talents aren't what they used to be because he's old, and your wide-outs aren't all that. He's a wiley veteran though, and he still garners respect - can still win a game by the skin of his teeth, or pull one out of his ass, or whatever.

Not sure why everyone is so worried, truth be told.. Pats are too injured to win the east. No way Penny wins in the Meadowlands in late December.

unfortunately our biggest rival is ourselves at this point. Lets see a Brady-less Pats team or a team lead by Chad who we kicked off because he did not fit our system.... UGH

The sad thing is that is so true.

I will always and forever hate the Miami Fish. I can deal with New England.

...or he's almost 40. :)

I think it's a combination, truth be told. His talents aren't what they used to be because he's old, and your wide-outs aren't all that. He's a wiley veteran though, and he still garners respect - can still win a game by the skin of his teeth, or pull one out of his ass, or whatever.

Not sure why everyone is so worried, truth be told.. Pats are too injured to win the east. No way Penny wins in the Meadowlands in late December.

You do realize that it is the Jets we are talking about don't you.

You should know that from your days as a Sox fan. If they can find a way to kick you in the nuts they will find it.

It will not shock me if the Jets win this against Buffalo. Go west and lose to Seattle, and win against Miami and give New England the division.

When Favre throws deep I close my eyes and turn away from the TV. We were doing well with the short slant passes mixed with a play action here and there but the effectiveness has disappeared.

You should know that from your days as a Sox fan. If they can find a way to kick you in the nuts they will find it.

It will not shock me if the Jets win this against Buffalo. Go west and lose to Seattle, and win against Miami and give New England the division.

No way. No freakin' way.

Jets beat Buffalo at home - easily.

Seattle is not that good, trust me San Fran is an elite team compared to Seattle.

Miami in New Jersey in late December - think about it.

No way. No freakin' way.

Seattle is not that good, trust me San Fran is an elite team compared to Seattle.

jets will lose at sea..that is a given!!!

no vinnie T lucky TD's will help us out this time.

Why does everyone think we will lose to a 2-11 team? Please don't give me crap about west coast of SOJ BS. San Frans defence is alot better than Seattles and Hasselback is walkling wounded at best -- The next 2 are in the bank.

and yes I know Seattle beat SF but that was during a week of turmoil in SF a bit of a different team now.

jets will lose at sea..that is a given!!!

no vinnie T lucky TD's will help us out this time.

The only thing Seattle has going for them that day is that it will be Mike Holgrem's last day (at home) as HC of the Seahags. So - they could either want to win one for the gipper and give max effort - and play over their heads......or, get caught up in the emotion and lay a serious egg.

Why does everyone think we will lose to a 2-11 team? Please don't give me crap about west coast of SOJ BS. San Frans defence is alot better than Seattles and Hasselback is walkling wounded at best -- The next 2 are in the bank.

and yes I know Seattle beat SF but that was during a week of turmoil in SF a bit of a different team now.

i will be smokin lots of hash courtesy of Christiana next sunday

seneca will run for 150 vs our D

mangini will have that same frown all day...chewing his wad

The only thing Seattle has going for them that day is that it will be Mike Holgrem's last day as HC of the Seahags. So - they could either want to win one for the gipper and give max effort - and play over their heads......or, get caught up in the emotion and lay a serious egg.

Hey Garby you hi-jacked my thread. Eh, at least ya got people replying in it so good job, i guess. lol

No way. No freakin' way.

You are just trying to keep the Pats under the radar. Don't think I don't see the angle you are playing here. :D

Pats @ Oakland

Arizona @ New England

Pats @ Buffalo

The only game there that would be bothersome is Arizona. Will really have anything to play for ? They are pretty much locked in as a 3 or 4 seed and have been awful when they have come east this year.

Remember 2002 when the Jets snuck in the back door when the Pats beat Miami the final week. You could very much have a similar scenario in 2008 with the Pats being the benefactors.

You are just trying to keep the Pats under the radar. Don't think I don't see the angle you are playing here. :D

Pats @ Oakland

Arizona @ New England

Pats @ Buffalo

The only game there that would be bothersome is Arizona. Will really have anything to play for ? They are pretty much locked in as a 3 or 4 seed and have been awful when they have come east this year.

Remember 2002 when the Jets snuck in the back door when the Pats beat Miami the final week. You could very much have a similar scenario in 2008 with the Pats being the benefactors.

i think pats get Div title

we lose to sea and NE crushes AZ

Pats @ Oakland

Arizona @ New England

Pats @ Buffalo

Under the radar? Half the team is in the infirmary! If there is a bizzared and Boldin, Fitzgerald and Warner are sitting out the game, yah, Pats may win ;) - No need to worry about the Pats.

Worry about Miami. EASY schedule. Tied with Jets. Last game. Division on the line. It will come down to who sh*ts a twinkie first. I'm betting on Chad being the twinkie. Shoot, I'm a rival fan and I'm looking forward to this game!

The Jets don't win the division it would be an epic FAIL.

Archived