Your biggest rival?

StillerPaul

Under the radar? Half the team is in the infirmary! If there is a bizzared and Boldin, Fitzgerald and Warner are sitting out the game, yah, Pats may win ;) - No need to worry about the Pats.

Worry about Miami. EASY schedule. Tied with Jets. Last game. Division on the line. It will come down to who sh*ts a twinkie first. I'm betting on Chad being the twinkie. Shoot, I'm a rival fan and I'm looking forward to this game!

The Jets don't win the division it would be an epic FAIL.

then why are you smiling as you type this:D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Under the radar? Half the team is in the infirmary! If there is a bizzared and Boldin, Fitzgerald and Warner are sitting out the game, yah, Pats may win ;) - No need to worry about the Pats.

Worry about Miami. EASY schedule. Tied with Jets. Last game. Division on the line. It will come down to who sh*ts a twinkie first. I'm betting on Chad being the twinkie. Shoot, I'm a rival fan and I'm looking forward to this game!

Bingo. That's just what concerns me.

I know Jets/Fins used to be one of the great NFL rivalries some years ago. But now that you guys are in a tie with both the Fins and Pats, which one do ya's hate the most?

If the Jets can't win the division, which team would pain you less to see win it ??

I think these last 3 weeks are gonna be extremely exciting in the AFCE, i'll definately have my eyes on it!

From a historical perspective, as far as this Pats' fan is concerned, it is the Dolphins. They were the beast that was always C-blocking the Grogan lead Patriots. It took us liek 20 years to win in Miami.

The last decade starting with the Par$ells defection, the Jets have been more of a rival.

As far as pure hate, I hate the Steelers more then any two teams to include the Phins and Jets.

From a historical perspective, as far as this Pats' fan is concerned, it is the Dolphins. They were the beast that was always C-blocking the Grogan lead Patriots. It took us liek 20 years to win in Miami.

The last decade starting with the Par$ells defection, the Jets have been more of a rival.

As far as pure hate, I hate the Steelers more then any two teams to include the Phins and Jets.

it took you more than luck..

CHEATERS...

Sure Garb. Sure ;)

I can see it now. Jets vs Miami on Sunday night (They could flex that game unless CBS has it protected). Pats already having won and now sitting back and watching the two teams that hold their New England's post season fate in their hands.

Makes for great drama doesn't it.

Sure Garb. Sure ;)

I can see it now. Jets vs Miami on Sunday night (They could flex that game unless CBS has it protected). Pats already having won and now sitting back and watching the two teams that hold their New England's post season fate in their hands.

No games can be protected week 17. And we wont know until 6 days before if we are being flexed to nighttime.

Sure Garb. Sure ;)

3 Over/under Favre pick six...

BINGO!

A True Pats fan hates the Steelers with every fiber of their being. It's just the way it is.

BTW, it occured to me that if both the Jets and Phins win this Sunday - the last game of the year (which they must announce 10 days in advance?) will be flexed. However, when it says that - can a game move all the way to prime-time 8:00pm? And if that happens - c'mon, Chad will sh*t a twinkie.

BINGO!

A True Pats fan hates the Steelers with every fiber of their being. It's just the way it is.

BTW, it occured to me that if both the Jets and Phins win this Sunday - the last game of the year (which they must announce 10 days in advance?) will be flexed. However, when it says that - can a game move all the way to prime-time 8:00pm? And if that happens - c'mon, Chad will sh*t a twinkie.

CBS will protect game..not going to lose to NBC

No games can be protected week 17. And we wont know until 6 days before if we are being flexed to nighttime.

Just looking at the schedule right now it could be any of these three

Miami vs Jets: AFC East on the line. Pennington vs Favre

Dallas vs Philly: Could be for wild card

Tennessee vs Indy: Hottest team in the NFL Indy vs the 1 seed ?

The rest of the games

Jax vs Balt

Giants vs Vikings

Detroit vs Green Bay

Oakland vs Tampa Bay

Bears vs Houston

Carolina vs New Orleans

Rams vs Atlanta

New England vs Buffalo

Cleveland at Pittsburgh

KC vs Cinn

Denver at SD

Washington vs SF

Seattle vs Arizona

Just looking at the schedule right now it could be any of these three

Miami vs Jets: AFC East on the line. Pennington vs Favre

Dallas vs Philly: Could be for wild card

Tennessee vs Indy: Hottest team in the NFL Indy vs the 1 seed ?

The rest of the games

Jax vs Balt

Giants vs Vikings

Detroit vs Green Bay

Oakland vs Tampa Bay

Bears vs Houston

Carolina vs New Orleans

Rams vs Atlanta

New England vs Buffalo

Cleveland at Pittsburgh

KC vs Cinn

Denver at SD

Washington vs SF

Seattle vs Arizona

If its Jets/Miami for the division title I can see them picking our game. But they would probably get better ratings for the Dallas/Philly game... PICK DALLAS PLEASE!!!!:D

C'mon, people, admit it - this stuff is fun, right?!!!!

(although I do miss last years regular season when the Pats had the division sewn up by week 9 ;) )

Anytime you play meaningful games in December it is fun - Nerve wracking but fun its what I live for as a fan.

Boston/NE is NY/Jets biggest rival.

The RedSox cant hold a candle to the Yankees.

The Knicks will never equal the Celtics accomplishments.

The Jets will always envy the Patriots.

Probably true... there is a tremendous amount of rivalry between Boston and NY...

HOWEVER... Right now? I'd say that the Dolphins winning the division over us would hurt a lot more.

But on average Boston will always be the primary rival for NY.

It's funny how the Steelers and Pats aren't even in the same division yet the pure hatred of a rivalry exists now. I think coach Tomlin summed it up best by saying a couple weeks back that it wouldn't be much of a rivalry until we won! Well now that we won i hear more and more patty fans considering it a rivalry. Ya can never have too many of those IMO. lol

C'mon, people, admit it - this stuff is fun, right?!!!!

(although I do miss last years regular season when the Pats had the division sewn up by week 9 ;) )

It's extremely nerve wracking for me. We just came off of 2 toughies against your Pats and the Cowboys only to be faced with a must win vs the ravens. This season has taken a severe emotional toll on most of us Steelers fans. My Gawd just the way the schedule panned out for us is something we'll discuss for ages!

It's funny how the Steelers and Pats aren't even in the same division yet the pure hatred of a rivalry exists now. I think coach Tomlin summed it up best by saying a couple weeks back that it wouldn't be much of a rivalry until we won! Well now that we won i hear more and more patty fans considering it a rivalry. Ya can never have too many of those IMO. lol

Before the Colts and Steelers revival, the Steelers were and are the standard in the AFC. The are one of the best run organizations.

I think one of the aspects that make it interesting is that the teams are a lot more alike then they would want to admit.

Just limit the amount of wins though and defintely none in the post season. ;)

It's extremely nerve wracking for me. We just came off of 2 toughies against your Pats and the Cowboys only to be faced with a must win vs the ravens. This season has taken a severe emotional toll on most of us Steelers fans. My Gawd just the way the schedule panned out for us is something we'll discuss for ages!

For Pats fans, expectations fell like a lead balloon during game one. Players have been dropping like flies all year. Expectations dropping too. A post season appearance would be nothing short of a miracle. I have my injury excuse. Oh well - 2009: The Revenge Tour! :)

For Pats fans, expectations fell like a lead balloon during game one. Players have been dropping like flies all year. Expectations dropping too. A post season appearance would be nothing short of a miracle. I have my injury excuse. Oh well - 2009: The Revenge Tour! :)

I have no excuses.... Other than my OC is a horrible game planner. ;)

Anyway, should we lose, it'll simply be because we weren't good enough to win it all... Hopefully that's not the case though!

Probably true... there is a tremendous amount of rivalry between Boston and NY...

HOWEVER... Right now? I'd say that the Dolphins winning the division over us would hurt a lot more.

But on average Boston will always be the primary rival for NY.

The Briuns and Rangers used to have a pretty good rivalry.

College football isnt that big in the NE, so I dont recall any bad blood between Colleges.

If the Dolphins win the Division they wont get very far, but neither would NE or NY.

If Pats win that would suck, but I would tip my hat to them for pulling it off despite all the injuries. On the other hand, if Chad comes up to the Meadowlands and carries the Fins to a division-winning game I will have a hard time forgiving the organization and the CS.

StillerPaul, if you honestly had to pick at this point who would you say will win the AFC east? Curious to hear a non-biased POV on this one.

Archived