Batman/Gotham : JOHNNY DEPP MUST HAVE SAID NO!

BaumerJet

Murphy And Labeouf For Batman?

17 December 2008 5:29 PM, PST | From wenn.com | See recent WENN news

Eddie Murphy and Shia Labeouf have been lined up to star in the next Batman movie, according to reports.

The Beverly Hills Cop actor will star as The Riddler and Labeouf will play the caped crusader's sidekick Robin in the next instalment, tentatively titled Gotham.

Actress Rachel Weisz is reportedly in the frame to play Catwoman. Christian Bale will return as Bruce Wayne and Michael Caine will again play his assistant Alfred, according to British newspaper The Sun.

The movie, which is slated for a 2010 release, will be directed by Christopher Nolan, who made The Dark Knight such a huge success when it was released this year.

A source says, .Chris wasn.t sure if he wanted to do another movie but as soon as he decided to, he got the wheels in motion. Eddie.s a fantastic addition. Everyone.s excited to see what he does as the Riddler..

http://www.wenn.com/services.php

The problem I have with this is Christian Bale stated prior to the release of "The Dark Knight" that if Robin appears in the next film, it would be his last film - Discuss...

http://www.wenn.com/services.php

The problem I have with this is Christian Bale stated prior to the release of "The Dark Knight" that if Robin appears in the next film, it would be his last film - Discuss...

i hope he changes his mind...labeouf is a great actor and bale is the best batman ever to play batman.

christian bale is the batman as sean connery is to james bond.

i hope he changes his mind...labeouf is a great actor and bale is the best batman ever to play batman.

You're kidding, right? Bale's not an actor. He's a mannequin.

That's not to say that any of the Batmen exactly lit up the screen.

You're kidding, right? Bale's not an actor. He's a mannequin.

That's not to say that any of the Batmen exactly lit up the screen.

i don't think so...i think bale did a great job. sure, he was overshadowed by ledger in the dark knight. but batman begins was great...

in the 2 best batman movies, bale was batman.

i don't think so...i think bale did a great job. sure, he was overshadowed by ledger in the dark knight. but batman begins was great...

in the 2 best batman movies, bale was batman.

The only reason Ledger got any hype for that movie was because he died... he had about 10 minutes of on screen time and was nothing special... scary makeup... that was about it...

If he just took too many pills and survived people would be called him a drug addict who sucked in the movie...

The only reason Ledger got any hype for that movie was because he died... he had about 10 minutes of on screen time and was nothing special... scary makeup... that was about it...

If he just took too many pills and survived people would be called him a drug addict who sucked in the movie...

i tried to go in there with a non-biased opinion and i thought he was great, but that's just me.

I have to disagree there, Michael Keaton was the best Batman IMO.

None of this would work...it has to be a bogus report.

Riddler is not a dark character....he would not fit the dark overtones of these past 2 Batman films.

As far as Robin goes, that would totally kill the series, unless Christopher Nolan wants to turn this franchise into more of the kiddie stuff we saw in the 90's.

This article is a crock of ****e because

a) how does someone who's made every failed comedy in the past 6 years making it into a film that is following the second most successful movie ever?

B) Bale has stated that he would never do a batman movie with Robin in it, which begs the question why would the studio do anything to possibly lose their biggest star in the film.

c) Nolan has said he would never use Robin in any of his batman movies.

d) How exactly does one start casting for a film when there isn't even a script developed for it?

This article was probably written by some bored tabloid reporter.

a) how does someone who's made every failed comedy in the past 6 years making it into a film that is following the second most successful movie ever?

B) Bale has stated that he would never do a batman movie with Robin in it, which begs the question why would the studio do anything to possibly lose their biggest star in the film.

d) How exactly does one start casting for a film when there isn't even a script developed for it?

Mav makes ONE fast food commercial and he's suddenly an expert. ;)

I agree...if all of the above happened you could say hello to more stinkers like "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin".

I agree...if all of the above happened you could say hello to more stinkers like "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin".

That would suck... they will do whatever they think will make the most money though... and can you blame them?

When I saw the movie I honestly didn't know who Ledger was. Never saw Brokeback Mountain and never will, and I didn't make the connection to the death until after I saw the movie. I have to admit, he blew me away. The scene when he walked out of the hospital in the nurse's uniform with the bombs going off behind him was pure gold.

That would suck... they will do whatever they think will make the most money though... and can you blame them?

Yes, I would blame them in this case. Nolan has found the perfect formula for successful Batman films...keep it dark and stay away from the silly stuff we saw in the former films. Make Batman the supporting character while the other players involved take the spotlight.

Not to mention that The Dark Knight earned over $996,741,363 worldwide in theaters. That does not even count the money that will come in due to the DVD sales. This proves he is onto something.

If Nolan wants to keep things going as good as they are, he will keep his Batman movie series dark. There is no room for any of that childish stuff we saw in the 90's films.

When I saw the movie I honestly didn't know who Ledger was. Never saw Brokeback Mountain and never will, and I didn't make the connection to the death until after I saw the movie. I have to admit, he blew me away. The scene when he walked out of the hospital in the nurse's uniform with the bombs going off behind him was pure gold.

and ti would have been pure gold with any actor... what did he do so special there?

just the way he walked and talked. his general attitude. his posture. ledger developed that character brilliantly.

If you say so... I think any decent actor does just as good... it was an easy role with little screen time...

just the way he walked and talked. his general attitude. his posture. ledger developed that character brilliantly.

He wanted the make up that way. He embraced the roll and rather then making him some campy "joke" cracker... he made him what I always thought the Joker was. Insane, unstable, psychotic, sick, twisted, all mixed in with an inferiority complex.

Same here. I think this is horrible news for this film

Archived