If Lamont Jordan was the starting running back for the Jets

Matt39

...in 2005

legitmate Super bowl contender.

DEAD ass SERIOUS.

Curtis is done. Heard it here first.

The most under used player in the history of sports. Face the facts people. Lamont has four years of dominating ahead of him.

Adrian Peterson in '07?????

Im drunk, just my initial thoughts.

How about Reggie Bush in '06?

I have had the gut feeling for a long time now that 2004 was the last hurrah for Curtis Martin. It's one reason I haven't put a lot into the Super Bowl aspirations of some of our fan base. I think this is the year CuMar morphs into Eddie George.

please say you guys are kidding. Curtis ran well last night. 13-59. Nothing specatular, but pretty good.

Which is Curtis in a nutshell.

He is the Volvo of NFL running backs.

He will get you from point A to point B, but he is not going to help you get laid.

If LaMont Jordan was the starting running back for the Jets:

#1 - We'd have an unproven STARTING running back.

#2 - We would be in cap hell for letting go of Martin.

#3 - We'd look like a complete bunch of morons for starting Jordan over the NFL's rushing champion.

Oh great...here comes Savage now. :shock:

...in 2005

legitmate Super bowl contender.

DEAD a$$ SERIOUS.

Curtis is done. Heard it here first.

The most under used player in the history of sports. Face the facts people. Lamont has four years of dominating ahead of him.

Adrian Peterson in '07?????

Im drunk, just my initial thoughts.

Don't post drunk as this thread is useless.

Right up there with David Wright is over hyped in the BB forum.

But I agree, he's not going to get us to a Super Bowl

Which is exactly my point Guns.

When your starting QB cant make a standard NFL pass and your RB cant break runs for more than 10 yards, you have SERIOUS problems.

The Jets are not a Super Bowl team.

Thats another problem.

Chad is soft. Hopefully our people will see that sonner than later.

I try not to be offensive to people here but by you saying Lamont JOrdan should have started last year I think you must be the biggest moron to have ever posted here.

All of you yahoo Jordan fans are retarded. Is he a good player? Yeah, is he a better runningback then CM? No, if he were he would have played a lot more. He barely saw the field because Martin was so good last year. If Martin struggled at all last year I would have been the first person to say, "lets see what we have with Jordan" but Martin was amazing all season.

The volvo of Runningbacks? yeah exactly your right, and when the Volvo is done playing it will be parked in the Hall of Fame with all the other Runningbacks who were average players. Is Corey Dillon going to be parked in the same lot? I dont think so.

I try not to be offensive to people here but by you saying Lamont JOrdan should have started last year I think you must be the biggest moron to have ever posted here.

All of you yahoo Jordan fans are retarded. Is he a good player? Yeah, is he a better runningback then CM? No, if he were he would have played a lot more. He barely saw the field because Martin was so good last year. If Martin struggled at all last year I would have been the first person to say, "lets see what we have with Jordan" but Martin was amazing all season.

The volvo of Runningbacks? yeah exactly your right, and when the Volvo is done playing it will be parked in the Hall of Fame with all the other Runningbacks who were average players. Is Corey Dillon going to be parked in the same lot? I dont think so.

ahh, the name calling.

Where was martin in the most important games of the year?

Oh yeah, he was right next to Chad choking. Our two most important players on offense were no where to be found in our most critical games last season.

And oh yeah, Lamont won the SD game.

ahh, the name calling.

Where was martin in the most important games of the year?

Oh yeah, he was right next to Chad choking. Our two most important players on offense were no where to be found in our most critical games last season.

And oh yeah, Lamont won the SD game.

I'm not going to name call anymore but your not really helping your cause with that post.... The most important games of the year that Chad choked in your opinion you are blaming Curtis for not doing anything?

Football is a team sport if you havent noticed you can't depend on one player to pick the team up and put it on their back. You give curtis an inch and he'll take that and turn it into offense. In the past when the Jets had no offensive line to speak of I remember watching Curtis make some of the most impressive 0 yard gains you'll ever see.

You think Lamont would have made a difference in those games? Talk to me after this year and tell me how many games Lamont plays in and then I'll show you how many games Martin has missed over the course of his entire career. Is Martin one of the most talented runningbacks in the NFL? No, he isn't he is one of the hardest, smartest SOB's to ever play the game though and I'll take that on my team any day of the week.

Just for your info if you put my slow a$$ in at RB on 3rd and long and called draw plays against Dime defenses I would avg. over 5 yards a carry too. If you were to do the sabermetrics given the situations of the game and what not you will find that Lamonts numbers were not all that impressive at all.

You guys sat through last nights game and actually came here to bash Martin? Did you not see how bad our QB is??

Both conclusions are equally insane. Pennington has 1 mediocre preseason game and now he's a bad QB? Some of you guys need to chill with the knee-jerk reactionary sh!t. It makes you look nuts.

Curtis Martin against the Pats and Steelers in 2004:

at New Engalnd:20 carries for 70 yards. 0 TD's

at PItt: 24 carries 72 yards. 0 TD'S

New England: 13 carries 33 yards. 0 TD'S

at Pitt(playoffs): 19 carries 77 yards. 0 TD'S

OK.... you just gave me the numbers he had against the 2 best defenses in the NFL last year. Thats a great sample size man it really shows a lot. Not really too bad when you factor in how other teams ran the ball against the Steelers and Pats.

I don't see how 19 for 77 is a bad stat line, it's over 4 ypc. :shock:

You don't understand 124, nothing but complete perfection is expected. The fact that Pittsburgh had the best run D in the league and that our QB's arm was barely still attached to his shoulder are not excuses.

Jet fans are so skitzo. Everybody needs to calm the f*ck down. Stay off the board for a little while, maybe jerk off a bit and take a prozac. You'll probly feel better. :lol:

I don't see how 19 for 77 is a bad stat line, it's over 4 ypc. :shock:

And on top of that, it was against the best defense in the NFL in 2004 in the playoffs, at their stadium.

Maybe we should have put Lamont Jordan in im sure he would have done sooo much better.

I have always and I remain a firm believer that LaMont Jordan isn't going to do jack sh*t as a starting NFL RB...until proven guilty, what reason is there to expect he will be when the guy hasn't made 1 freakin' start yet?

900 yards this season for Jordan as a starter and I laugh at you all and you're 1500 yard season predictions with predicting he'll run all over our defnese...just watch Vilma crack him and Jordan not even for 50, just wait and see.

Maybe we should have put Lamont Jordan in im sure he would have done sooo much better.

Well he did have 30 yds on 6 carries..And in the

first Pitt Game he had a 30yd run called back on

a Becht hold which had nothing to do with the

play! When one back isn't doing anything what's

wrong with trying the other one?? #-o

Well he did have 30 yds on 6 carries..And in the

first Pitt Game he had a 30yd run called back on

a Becht hold which had nothing to do with the

play! When one back isn't doing anything what's

wrong with trying the other one?? #-o

30-yard run?

What do those look like again? It's been so long I've forgotten.

30-yard run?

What do those look like again? It's been so long I've forgotten.

Watch Jordan with the raiders for them!! :mrgreen:

I get a kick out of Martin saying going in to his

11th year at 32, now he thinks he has figured out

how to break the big one's.. :roll: He's been

hanging with Hermie too long!! :lol:

Archived