If Lamont Jordan was the starting running back for the Jets

Matt39

You mean like Martin in the playoffs?

What has Jordan showed in the playoffs? Absoulutely nothing.

While Martin ran 19 times for 77 yards, over 4 ypc against the best rushing D in the NFL last season.

While Martin ran 19 times for 77 yards, over 4 ypc against the best rushing D in the NFL last season.

Dude, you have to watch the actual game, not just look up the stats 8-9 months later. As I already posted in another thread:

Martin stunk up the Pitt game, if you actually watched it & didn't just look up his game-total-ypc months later. For the record:

2nd and 18 at NYJ 24 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 5 yards.

3rd and 25 at NYJ 22 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 13 yards.

1st and 20 at NYJ 31 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed right side for 10 yards.

2nd and 10 at PIT 39 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 5 yards.

33 yds on 4 passing downs; all of which were so useful that they led to a grand total of 0 Jets points & 0 Jets first downs on those drives. Other than those four stat-padding runs the total was 44 yards on 15 carries (2.9 ypc) which is more like what I remember watching during that how-not-to-coach clinic that Herm/Hackett put on. He had one "nice run" - a 2nd-&-6 run for 8 yards through a canyon-sized running lane the OL created.

It was Jordan's 46 yd TD in 01 in the last Game

of the season that got the Jets a 24-22 Win vs

the Raiders that got them into the 01 playoffs!

In his 38 carries in the playoffs he has avg 5.4

a carry with 2 td's!! And vs Pitt he avg 6 per last year.. :wink:

I guarentee you Jordan doesn't rush for 1000 yards.

Bet? Sure, why not, I'm confident in the no-expierence everybody sucking his d!ck when he hasn't done jack Sh#t running back.

Why?

Are you buying into the excuse that because he has not started in 4 years and will run out of gas? :shock:

Priest Holmes was a sporadic starter his first 4 years in the league and all he did was manage 6400 yards rushing another 2000 yards receving and 77 total TDs. What makes that even more amazing is he missed 10 games to injuries over those four years.

I might buy him hitting a wall if he came straight from college to the pros, but he has been a pro for four years and is used to training year round.

Lamont will be fine. He will be better then fine.

Why?

Are you buying into the excuse that because he has not started in 4 years and will run out of gas? :shock:

Priest Holmes was a sporadic starter his first 4 years in the league and all he did was manage 6400 yards rushing another 2000 yards receving and 77 total TDs. What makes that even more amazing is he missed 10 games to injuries over those four years.

I might buy him hitting a wall if he came straight from college to the pros, but he has been a pro for four years and is used to training year round.

Logical and correct..However your not thinking

like a Martinette! You must put down any back

that may make Martin look less the what he is!

A Good Durable RB that has lasted a long time

and don't do crap in Big Games! :roll:

Dude, you have to watch the actual game, not just look up the stats 8-9 months later. As I already posted in another thread:

Martin stunk up the Pitt game, if you actually watched it & didn't just look up his game-total-ypc months later. For the record:

2nd and 18 at NYJ 24 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 5 yards.

3rd and 25 at NYJ 22 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 13 yards.

1st and 20 at NYJ 31 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed right side for 10 yards.

2nd and 10 at PIT 39 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 5 yards.

33 yds on 4 passing downs; all of which were so useful that they led to a grand total of 0 Jets points & 0 Jets first downs on those drives. Other than those four stat-padding runs the total was 44 yards on 15 carries (2.9 ypc) which is more like what I remember watching during that how-not-to-coach clinic that Herm/Hackett put on. He had one "nice run" - a 2nd-&-6 run for 8 yards through a canyon-sized running lane the OL created.

I can't believe you just made this arguement in the direction you just did! how can you say that and then say that Lamonts Stats are any better? He basically only saw the ball on Passing downs! btw how is 1st and 20 considered a passing down along with 2nd and 10 why the hell would you automatically asume that on second and 10 you need to throw? you have no idea what your talking about even less an idea than this fake Jets fan the Troll who seceretly jacks off to the Pats

Why?

A sporadic start is better than never starting EVER! Priest Holmes also came into the perfect offense with the best offensive line in the entire league. I guarentee if you put Lamont Curtis Dillon >>> Maurice Clarett... ANYBODY COULD RIP IT UP THERE even you

Which is Curtis in a nutshell.

He is the Volvo of NFL running backs.

He will get you from point A to point B, but he is not going to help you get laid.

Did the guy from the Midwest just knock owning a Volvo? What is better a pick up truck? he-haw.

I can't believe you just made this arguement in the direction you just did! how can you say that and then say that Lamonts Stats are any better? He basically only saw the ball on Passing downs! btw how is 1st and 20 considered a passing down along with 2nd and 10 why the hell would you automatically asume that on second and 10 you need to throw? you have no idea what your talking about even less an idea than this fake Jets fan the Troll who seceretly jacks off to the Pats

All of those downs there was at least one extra DB on defense. Go watch the film. As a Jets fan, you can honestly say that you recall that game well & that what you recall was Martin having a good game? Are you serious? All I remembered, other than a couple of useless stat-padding runs, was Martin running up the middle for nothing for the better part of 3 hours, and our dopey OC kept calling his name anyway, and our dopey HC kept letting him. Pittsburgh's defense was outstanding last year. Martin's (and Herm's) apologists would have you believe that they were so unstoppable that no one scored against them all year. Pittsburgh's D didn't give up 0 touchdowns to the rest of the league; but if they stopped Curtis they must be incredible.

You don't understand 124, nothing but complete perfection is expected. The fact that Pittsburgh had the best run D in the league and that our QB's arm was barely still attached to his shoulder are not excuses.

Jet fans are so skitzo. Everybody needs to calm the f*ck down. Stay off the board for a little while, maybe jerk off a bit and take a prozac. You'll probly feel better. :lol:

...add a glass of your best cognac and they will be complete... :lol::lol:

It was Jordan's 46 yd TD in 01 in the last Game

of the season that got the Jets a 24-22 Win vs

the Raiders that got them into the 01 playoffs!

In his 38 carries in the playoffs he has avg 5.4

a carry with 2 td's!! And vs Pitt he avg 6 per last year.. :wink:

...thats where you are wrong....I could have sworn it was John Halls leg...but my old mind may be playing tricks on me. Didnt he hit that clutch FG that year that sent us back to Oakland that next week or was that the year later?.....a little help people... :shock:

...thats where you are wrong....I could have sworn it was John Halls leg...but my old mind may be playing tricks on me. Didnt he hit that clutch FG that year that sent us back to Oakland that next week or was that the year later?.....a little help people... :shock:

Take away Jordan's TD what would Halls FG

accomplished?? :roll:

sooooo- Lamont Jordan makes Martin looks less than what he is.

Oh OK :roll:

I said any back..Still having a reading problem

I see!! And I said a Martinette not a Jet Fan or

anyone else! Example..When Dillon went to the Pats

the Martinette's were saying he was a Cancer,Too

Old and to many carries on the Body! Truth was he

was younger then Martin,had 1000 less carries and

was no problem in the lockerroom as he helped

his Team win the Super Bowl and set the Team rushing

record playing in just 15 games..Gee who had the

old record?? :roll:

I said any back..Still having a reading problem

I see!! And I said a Martinette not a Jet Fan or

anyone else! Example..When Dillon went to the Pats

the Martinette's were saying he was a Cancer,Too

Old and to many carries on the Body! Truth was he

was younger then Martin,had 1000 less carries and

was no problem in the lockerroom as he helped

his Team win the Super Bowl and set the Team rushing

record playing in just 15 games..Gee who had the

old record?? :roll:

jordon is on the raiders. martin is on the jets. why are you guys still riding this dead horse???

it's like i never left savage. :wink: what's your take on the jets to this point???

I have high Hopes for this year!(No major injuries

please)It may take Chad some games to get in the

flow with the new system however! Fiedler may get

some major playing time this year! I'm real Happy

with the D and can't wait for the KC game! Should

be a good test for Henderson's Green Hoard!! :wink:

It is what they do best. Otherwise they would spend the day debating Superman vs Aquaman.

:mrgreen:

Sav would argue that Superboy should have been given more responsibilities. He would say that Superboy should have at least been given the menial Grocery Store stick-ups.

Why did the Justice League have to give ALL the crime fighting to Superman? Especially after Kryptonite was used, couldn't Superboy taken some of those jobs, then?

Sav would argue that Superboy should have been given more responsibilities. He would say that Superboy should have at least been given the menial Grocery Store stick-ups.

Why did the Justice League have to give ALL the crime fighting to Superman? Especially after Kryptonite was used, couldn't Superboy taken some of those jobs, then?

That is awesome! =D>

Superman was always given the most direct flying routes. Which basically just padded his stats. There was no reason to have superman fly on 3rd and long.

Aquaman had to deal with all the Coast Guard regulations and they never really gave him a fair shot!

What does your Comic book hero's have to do with

Football?? Shows how delusional you really are! :roll:

All of those downs there was at least one extra DB on defense. Go watch the film. As a Jets fan, you can honestly say that you recall that game well & that what you recall was Martin having a good game? Are you serious? All I remembered, other than a couple of useless stat-padding runs, was Martin running up the middle for nothing for the better part of 3 hours, and our dopey OC kept calling his name anyway, and our dopey HC kept letting him. Pittsburgh's defense was outstanding last year. Martin's (and Herm's) apologists would have you believe that they were so unstoppable that no one scored against them all year. Pittsburgh's D didn't give up 0 touchdowns to the rest of the league; but if they stopped Curtis they must be incredible.

I was making the point that if you want to make that arguement that Martin didn't have a good game because of the situations in which he played good, then you should discreditLamont Jordans entire career here because the guy only played in 3rd down situations. All those long Stat-padding runs that you are talking abuot from martin in one game is exactly the reason I think you are an idiot for thinking Jordan is any better. What about the bone-head INT Jordan threw against the Ravens that lost us the game. sure he won us one or two games but I'll argue Martin won us a whole lot more than that.

Oh yeah and its really possible to not allow a Rushing TD all year. Say what you want you sound more and more ignorant when you discredit Pittsburgh as one of the best Run defenses in the NFL in recent history.

I was making the point that if you want to make that arguement that Martin didn't have a good game because of the situations in which he played good, then you should discreditLamont Jordans entire career here because the guy only played in 3rd down situations. All those long Stat-padding runs that you are talking abuot from martin in one game is exactly the reason I think you are an idiot for thinking Jordan is any better. What about the bone-head INT Jordan threw against the Ravens that lost us the game. sure he won us one or two games but I'll argue Martin won us a whole lot more than that.

Oh yeah and its really possible to not allow a Rushing TD all year. Say what you want you sound more and more ignorant when you discredit Pittsburgh as one of the best Run defenses in the NFL in recent history.

Jordan got inserted mostly in short yardage for his Jets career & still averaged 5 ypc. Doesn't matter; he isn't a Jet anymore. We'll see this year, but so far Jordan is looking like a phenom in Oakland.

... jordan is going to have a great season in oakland ...

that being said curtis is the heart & soul of our team & will have another great season carrying us on his back, he has shown nothing to indicate slowing down ...

l_j_r

Archived