We started this with Curtis about now.

lancemehl

I know this may not be the time but, He was 30-ish, winning a rushing title and going to the HOF(TJ isn't, unfortunately, not even close) So, although TJ is wowing us. Who replaces him?

I ask because I so badly want a bruiser, I want a Brandon Jacobs, I want a Mike Turner. A guy that will punish the defense for three quarters and then springboard Leon Neon in the fourth.

I've happened to watch every Giants game this year and Jacobs is AWESOME!

I know this may not be the time but, He was 30-ish, winning a rushing title and going to the HOF(TJ isn't, unfortunately, not even close) So, although TJ is wowing us. Who replaces him?

I ask because I so badly want a bruiser, I want a Brandon Jacobs, I want a Mike Turner. A guy that will punish the defense for three quarters and then springboard Leon Neon in the fourth.

You are assuming Mangini will be gone then...Leon getting carries in the 4th? HAHAHAHAHAHA

don't ask me LM I'm the genius who boldly predicted that Jesse Chatman would be the starting HB by mid season after we benched Jones. I think it's safe to say I'm in the right profession for me and thank God for you guys, I'm not running the NY Jets

I think we do have a good running back in tj that can do that. unfortunately we have a coach that refuses to play leon. we have the ability to pound with richardson, tj, and spring leon on them to keep them off balance, but what the hell do i know. I'm just a fan and I've never played pro football.

TJ has no where near the amount of carries that Curtis had. TJ is far from the problem with the Jets it is the defensive side of the ball.

The things is with RB's you never notice that they're becoming a problem until the day comes where they just can't run effectively anymore. It literally is an overnight thing with RB's eventually they just hit a wall eventually.

I'm not saying TJ will be done after this season, but that is not a good age to be as a running back. Very few backs are good after they hit 30, regardless of carries.

I wouldn't mind seeing a strong addition at RB anyways. Simply because with this O-line I think we have the potential to have a dominant running attack in the same way Carolina and The Giants have.

Anyways, we shouldn't be talking about next season. Don't the Jets have a game on Sunday? LOL

don't ask me LM I'm the genius who boldly predicted that Jesse Chatman would be the starting HB by mid season after we benched Jones. I think it's safe to say I'm in the right profession for me and thank God for you guys, I'm not running the NY Jets

I called TJ another Kevan Barlow or Blair Thomas, now he may win the rushing title, that's why I'm asking. LOL I have no clue. I DO know that I love Brandon Jacobs

I love the Jerome bettis' , Jacobs'and the Michael turner's of this world. Nothing against a Curtis Martin, Walter Payton Type.But I like an Eddie George, especially with Leon with him.

The thing about bruisers like Jacobs is that they tend to have a shorter prime than other RB's even. They are fun to watch though.

And the thing about Jones is that he has a lot less wear and tear than Martin did at this point in their careers. Through Martin's first 8 years he had just over 2600 rushing attempts. This is Jones 8th year and he will have less than 2000 carries once the season is over. Jones also doesn't have any serious injury problem like Martin did with this knee, so I bet Jones has at least 2 more very good years left.

knock on wood*

Yes let's get a bruiser like Jacobs. Oh wait you better get two of them because he misses a bunch of games every year.

Yes let's get a bruiser like Jacobs. Oh wait you better get two of them because he misses a bunch of games every year.

Exactly and he will want 6+ million a year when a free agent..pass I like TJ and his strength and Leon compliments him well. If anything I would focus on a quickly aging Coles

The thing about bruisers like Jacobs is that they tend to have a shorter prime than other RB's even. They are fun to watch though.

And the thing about Jones is that he has a lot less wear and tear than Martin did at this point in their careers. Through Martin's first 8 years he had just over 2600 rushing attempts. This is Jones 8th year and he will have less than 2000 carries once the season is over. Jones also doesn't have any serious injury problem like Martin did with this knee, so I bet Jones has at least 2 more very good years left.

knock on wood*

I don't know, Bettis had a pretty long career right up to the trophy.

Exactly and he will want 6+ million a year when a free agent..pass I like TJ and his strength and Leon compliments him well. If anything I would focus on a quickly aging Coles

Couldn't agree more. I don't think Coles should even be starting at this point. I love him as a player. But I think Stuckey and Clowney deserve a few more snaps.

Couldn't agree more. I don't think Coles should even be starting at this point. I love him as a player. But I think Stuckey and Clowney deserve a few more snaps.

I don't agree at all.

Clowney and Stuckey really haven't shown anything of any significance while Coles for the most part was our best offensive threat against Buffallo.

Jones is having one of his best seasons ansd we are worrying about replacing him already-I guess being a Jets fan makes you paranoid.

lol before and during Curtis' rushing title year the #1 topic was letting him go for Lamont Jordan, because he was too old, same age as TJ. That's what we do! lol

I don't agree at all.

Clowney and Stuckey really haven't shown anything of any significance while Coles for the most part was our best offensive threat against Buffallo.

Clowney has had one ball thrown his way this season. Not sure how he hasn't shown anything. Coles and Cotch are very similar players. They need a burner on the other side of the field.

I love Coles -- he has some drops this year. Not saying to get rid of him. I would like to see more of an even rotation at the position.

Jones is having one of his best seasons ansd we are worrying about replacing him already-I guess being a Jets fan makes you paranoid.

I see it more as succession planning

I agree coles and ellis need to be "backfilled" first, and I'd give jones another year and then go after a RB in the '10 draft

Clowney has had one ball thrown his way this season. Not sure how he hasn't shown anything. Coles and Cotch are very similar players. They need a burner on the other side of the field.

I love Coles -- he has some drops this year. Not saying to get rid of him. I would like to see more of an even rotation at the position.

I think there's a reason he's had one pass thrown his way all season. I think Jet fans have simply overrated the guy. Stukey does not have burning speed either, he's a slot WR through and through. I can't see him ever being anything more.

I agree Max which is scarey :) But seriously Coles has had his fair share of drops this year at crucial times and some resulting in ints. I think other guys should be rotated in more often and lets see what they have. They could be more explosive

well at the end of the first round it looks like we would have shots at Tyson Jackson to backload Ellis, Darrius Heyward-Bey to add a receiver with huge upside , or alphonso smith for another cb option ...

TJ should be fine for another year or so .... he is a physical specimen right now and never got a lot of carries until he got to chicago and was in his late twenties

I agree.

Favre has looked bad on the bombs, mostly due to no seperation or the receiver giving up. Even though Favre's strength has always been to fire lasers between 10-20 yards. That's why he's always liked TE's and Coles/Cotch are great at that, we STILL need a deep threat, no question.

i agree.....TJ needs the ball more...

im very happy with TJ...

I'm VERY happy with TJ, too, we all are, i believe. The funny thing is, his running is identical to Curtis Martin, Curtis did it EVERY year and will be rewarded in Canton for it, TJ has done it once for us finally, yet many people hated Curtis and couldn't wait to get him out the door for Jordan because he was the same exact type of runner TJ is and we needed more "power",more "speed"more "whatever". Now TJ is playing identically to Curtis and he's our favorite Jet ever. I can't figure those things out. It's very interesting.

I wonder how CM would do behind this line the year he won the rushing title?

Archived