Seriously a fair and objective QB ranking of Penne

afosomf

I call you pathetic. I believe he played several of those games with a torn rotator cuff and an incompetent OC.

Oh-oh, here come all the PennyBoy excuses again. :shock:

Too bad you lost his biggest excuse when the Jets fired Hackett.

But I'm sure Jet fans will come up with some more excuses for his pathetic performances this year.

Guess what, he's not as good as you think he is. :wink:

I call you pathetic. I believe he played several of those games with a torn rotator cuff and an incompetent OC.

But that's not the point. The point is all these phucktards b!tching and moaning because Chad did badly in a preseason game and making it seem like the sky is falling. It's incredibly stupid. We already know what you think about Chad Tx. Will you stop wasting our server space posting the exact same thing 20,000 times because you think it's cool to make Jets fans mad? Get a fuggin life.

... =D>=D>

But I'm sure Jet fans will come up with some more excuses for his pathetic performances this year.

Somehow I knew you were going to say exactly that. Can't imagine why. Maybe cuz you've said it a thousand other times. Get a life, or at least some new lines.

Oh ok I get it.

And what was your excuse for the patriots and brady not making the playoffs in 2002????

Oh yeah. You said because Brady played the last 5 games with a separated shoulder.

YAWN

And what was your excuse for the patriots and brady not making the playoffs in 2002????

Do you think the Pats defense that was ranked dead last against the run and 24th overall had anything to do with it? :shock:

Defense wins championships.

Don't ever lose sight of that.

Do you think the Pats defense that was ranked dead last against the run and 24th overall had anything to do with it? :shock:

Defense wins championships.

Don't ever lose sight of that.

How good was the Jets D in 2002? Pretty much average.

But Chad took the team on his shoulders (after a 1-4 start nonetheless) and led them to the playoffs, dismantling tom brady and the patriots on their way to the division crown.

Brady just doesnt do enough to carry an average team with an average defense. We'll see how well he does when/if the patriots defense turns back to sh*t.

How good was the Jets D in 2002? Pretty much average.

But Chad took the team on his shoulders (after a 1-4 start nonetheless) and led them to the playoffs, dismantling tom brady and the patriots on their way to the division crown.

Brady just doesnt do enough to carry an average team with an average defense. We'll see how well he does when/if the patriots defense turns back to sh*t.

:roll:

When VT started the D gave up 31, 44, 30 and 28.

When Chad started, they gave up 29, 7, 24, 13, 10, 14, 13, 26, 13, 20, 17 and 17. Plus, 0 and 30 in the playoffs.

Do you want to venture a guess which games Chad loss? here is a hint. Any game the defense struggled and gave up over 20.

Chad helped the team win an incredibly weak division.

:roll:

When VT started the D gave up 31, 44, 30 and 28.

When Chad started, they gave up 29, 7, 24, 13, 10, 14, 13, 26, 13, 20, 17 and 17. Plus, 0 and 30 in the playoffs.

Do you want to venture a guess which games Chad loss? here is a hint. Any game the defense struggled and gave up over 20.

Chad helped the team win an incredibly weak division.

The division was so weak that tom brady couldnt do jack sh** to get his team in the playoffs?!?! =D>

Delhomme is better than Chad....easily. I'd take Delhomme for Chad straight up any day of the week and ten times on Sunday.

The best three QBs in the league are Manning, Brady and Culpepper. These three are well above the rest of the league right now.

McNabb, Green, Favre, McNair (if healthy), Bulger, Delhomme, Collins, Brees and Hasselbeck are the next tier.

Then, you have Big Ben, Brooks, Warner, Chad, Palmer, Carr, Frerotte, etc. Average to a little above average, on balance. Can play well for weeks at a time, but really not ever going to get it done against good defenses.

Guys like Griese, Harrington, Ramsey, Losman, E. Manning, etc are incomplete at this point, though Griese is likely just an average QB.

Guys like Boller, Plummer, and AJ Feely are just terrible. Jeff Blake and Bledsoe are old and not good anymore, really. Chad Hutchinson is awful.

Michael Vick is a tough one to rate. I don't know if he plays QB or not, but he wins when he plays and his team is horrible without him, so he's good. I'd probably let him sqeak into the top ten at number 10, but I don't know if I'd want him QBing my team....the way he plays he's going to break a leg again soon...those types of players live on borrowed time.

Michael Vick is a tough one to rate. I don't know if he plays QB or not, but he wins when he plays, so he's good. I'd probably let him sqeak into the top ten at number 10, but I don't know if I'd want him QBing my team....the way he plays he's going to break a leg again soon...those types of players live on borrowed time.

What do you think of Vick's arm strength and accuracy?

Cunningham was a strange case. Jimmy Johnson broke down his follow through and figured out that to generate strength into his throws he pulled the ball back ever so slightly, making him very vulnerable to fumbling if you got anywhere near where he pulled it back. And after that, he was nothing, as defenses went for his backside and the ball and he became very consciuous of it to distraction. Practically went from All Pro to garbage overnight.

Vick has a better arm, but it's a matter of time until he suffers a bad injury. Running QBs don't work. Unless he dramatically improves his accuracy and becomes more of a pocket passer like McNabb has don't see how it works long-term.

This thread is a joke. pats fan tx, i mean gun of bavaria, i mean tomshane, i mean savage69, i mean assmof... the one who started this thread, is a baby. An absolute baby. Guarantee you were singing Chad's praises after last week, and now after a rough PRESEASON game you're crying. Get a grip you homo.

This thread is a joke. pats fan tx, i mean gun of bavaria, i mean tomshane, i mean savage69, i mean assmof... the one who started this thread, is a baby. An absolute baby. Guarantee you were singing Chad's praises after last week, and now after a rough PRESEASON game you're crying. Get a grip you homo.

eat me, i was not as impressed with Vikes performance, his first 2 passes were dump offs that were not crisp at all. should i be impressed with a qb who can throw the ball 47 yds, sh*t no, i can throw it 47 yards!

BTW chad has had about 5-10 ints dropped in redzone.

his floaters or knuckleballs are tough for the defenders to catch as well.

Chad has done nothing to warrant being called a great QB....

He's good...but he needs to be able to beat a big Defense when it counts...I think he can...But his lack of arm stregth seems so evident against a good defense.

I think he's capable of winning a championship if he gets good protection..but he's average until he does so.

Looking forward to your column, "Tuesdays With Assmop" where you tell us,

How the Jets won over the w/end in spite of Chad. Quincy should be resigned.

All we can root for now is Pittsburgh.

That was some good stuff on your part last year.

thank you for your support

Rooting for Pitt was to have them keep home field over pats you dingaling. Unfortuneatly steelers could not take advantage of Home Field and also that our HC had no balls and left it up to a crappy FG kicker.

Penne or Rotini is so overpaid it is pathetic. He has yet to beat a great D. Always looks like crap in big games.

People also forget that Marty S giftwrapped SD game to us by his boneheaded play calling. Herm took notice and did same thing next week. It is clear that Hermy is clueless.

hermy and penny may be holding the Jets back...

lets see what happens this year..No excuses...

Fiedler has a good arm and is smart..He also never had the same talent or coaching down in Miami that he has here..

If Penny stinks up the joint you gotta go Jay!!

it'll never happen though..hermy weak....

hermy and penny may be holding the Jets back...

lets see what happens this year..No excuses...

Fiedler has a good arm and is smart..He also never had the same talent or coaching down in Miami that he has here..

If Penny stinks up the joint you gotta go Jay!!

it'll never happen though..hermy weak....

Correct. Chad is supposedly healthy, Herm has his OC and DC , we have weapons on both sides of the ball, though I would prefer a big time WR.

Before we kill Chad and Herm in week three of the pre-season though, lets allow Chad to get say 5 or 6 Qtrs of football under his belt.

If either let us down this year then yes, we need to explore other options.

I hope you're kidding. Do you have amnesia or something and forgot that Chad overthrew McCareins on about a 50-yard pass?

jmac- are you really that stupid. Every QB in NFl, even Garcia can throw it 50 yds, i would dare say every collegiate QB can throw it 50 yds in air. I would dare say that many JN posters can throw it 50 yds. That is not what a strong armed QB can do for you

A strong armed QB can throw a laser 20 yd out, where defender has no f'n chance.

Penne can not make this throw. Jay F from what i have seen has a stronger arm, but not by much.

Get a clue B4 you post

jmac- are you really that stupid. Every QB in NFl, even Garcia can throw it 50 yds, i would dare say every collegiate QB can throw it 50 yds in air. I would dare say that many JN posters can throw it 50 yds. That is not what a strong armed QB can do for you

A strong armed QB can throw a laser 20 yd out, where defender has no f'n chance.

Penne can not make this throw. Jay F from what i have seen has a stronger arm, but not by much.

Get a clue B4 you post

Bring back Quincy !! :wink:

Get a clue B4 you post

Damn, Assmop is 100% accurate. :shock:

Archived