Kyle Orton - Bears staring QB

Link as at NFL.com, I didn't feel like going to get it but let me say as a Big Ten fan I know what Kyle Orton can do and I saw him myself play when they played Miami 3 weeks ago and believe me, he won't be one of the best but he'll be the best starting QB Chicago has had for a while.

W/ Hutch this team was destined for 4-12 or WORSE, with Orton, 7-9 or 8-8 is a possibility.

A lot of NFL teams may have overthought Orton, looking at the mess he made midseason rather than his college career as a whole. He was right there with Leinart last September, and so he wets the bed a few times and it's the end. Bears may have really lucked out with Orton.

A lot of NFL teams may have overthought Orton, looking at the mess he made midseason rather than his college career as a whole. He was right there with Leinart last September, and so he wets the bed a few times and it's the end. Bears may have really lucked out with Orton.

AND he had an injury, don't forget about that!

Oh and Purdue's coach (forget his name) is a real jerkoff pulling Orton last season after his awesome start.

Orton can throw the football, but he strikes me as being exceedingy immature and unwilling to work hard to make himself better off the field.

Why would he need to make himself better off the field? They only keep score when you are on the field.

You are being a little judgemental if you ask me.

Tiller is the coach at Purdue

Orton I am not that high on to be honest from the games I saw him play. Bears do not have much of a choice but to give him a shot and hope for the best unless they want to use Jeff Blake who seems to never go way

Tiller is the coach at Purdue

Orton I am not that high on to be honest from the games I saw him play. Bears do not have much of a choice but to give him a shot and hope for the best unless they want to use Jeff Blake who seems to never go way

I agree with faba....

I liked Orton as a mid-round pick, but never bought into him being a high first round talent, as many thought in the fall of 2004, when he got off to great start.

He had a nice pre-season.

One big knock on Orton, as TS alluded to, is his off-field habits....Has more of a David Wells (circa 1990) doughboy look than that of a chisled NFL player...at some point, he'd be best served by getting into prime shape and building his body a bit to withstand the NFL pounding.

Purdue was a couple of fluke plays away from playing in the BCS last year.

Orton played very well, but I agree at times he seemed a bit immature.

Tiller's offense will allow a QB to succeed in the NFL because it relies on them being accurate and being able to do ther checdowns. With a WR like Muhammad, Orton should be able to do ok.

Anybody, any team, has to get a lucky break every so often. The Bears have made idiotic choices at the QB position for many years. Jerry Angelo should be fired on the spot for putting every egg he had in the Grossman basket and backing him up with surfer dude Chad Hutchison. I think Rex has a lot of talent, but he's real far from being a proven entity in the NFL. He might yet turn out well, if he can ever stay on the field for more than a few games.

I have a hunch Orton might be a lucky break for the Bears. Yeah, he screwed the pooch mid way in his senior year at Purdue, but came back ok. He isnt the quintesential physical or mental model for a NFL QB, but he's big and strong and not dog slow. He's come into this with a great attitude and is taking it a game at a time. So far he's stepped up bigtime. They have to go with him for 16 games and not jerk him around when he steps on his member because he will at some point. If they do that - they just might have something.

Archived