How do you fix it?

Bergen Jet

Ignoring the twin 800 pound gorillas known as the QB and the CS name the 3 things that you would change to fix this team:

1) Add a quality number 2 CB.

2) Add a quality backup for Jenkins... we fall apart when he needs a breather.

3) Add a WR who can get some seperation down field.

Speed, speed and more speed.

Question is do we have that in Clowney? I don't know what to think about the WR scenario. I do think we need speed but finding a good deep threat is tough. Am I wrong in thinking Boldin is more of a possession receiver? I love him, and want him, but doesn't solve our "speed" issues.

It really was sad to witness the change in both defensive and offensive philosophies after the Titans game.

Felt like we were on top of the world. For a week I felt like my team was the one to beat. Then it just completely regressed.

My question still is what the F happened to that freak defense we had in '06 that was all disguised blitzes and all that? We have the players, I still say on D at least, this is definitely the HC. I dunno how some people can say this was a "good" year.

At one point we were leading the AFC in sacks this season and then we went away from the pass rush... that is fixed through coaching.

Sacks can be misleading. We never really got consistent pressure, ever. Teams converted third downs at a ridiculous rate against us all season. We'd get a sack on 2nd down only to give it up the next.

Bryan Thomas blows. Pace is meh. Gholston(lol) Bowens and Barton suck. Harris was a dissapointment.

Sacks can be misleading. We never really got consistent pressure, ever. Teams converted third downs at a ridiculous rate against us all season. We'd get a sack on 2nd down only to give it up the next.

Bryan Thomas blows. Pace is meh. Gholston(lol) Bowens and Barton suck. Harris was a dissapointment.

That's cause on 3rd and long we'd go into prevent.

That's cause on 3rd and long we'd go into prevent.

True. The coaching was horrific. We defintiely do need some speed from the dge though.

Cut ties with Gholston. Please- counting on him to become that guy is not a good idea.

Jason Trusnick was getting burn over him today.

True. The coaching was horrific. We defintiely do need some speed from the dge though.

Cut ties with Gholston. Please- counting on him to become that guy is not a good idea.

Jason Trusnick was getting burn over him today.

I think we still need to give Gholston some time to develop. The defense is hard to figure out for me because simply I know we have some good, very good talent. I do think we could use another CB, or another safety. A speed guy on the edges. I wonder if Trusnick will be any good in coverage? That was a sore spot for us for the LB corps.

I think we still need to give Gholston some time to develop. The defense is hard to figure out for me because simply I know we have some good, very good talent. I do think we could use another CB, or another safety. A speed guy on the edges. I wonder if Trusnick will be any good in coverage? That was a sore spot for us for the LB corps.

I dont see the talent on defense. The LB corp is a complete disaster. We have a good corner in Revis. Jenkins completely fell apart.

Rhodes- who knows with him. Is this guy even serious about football? By the way he played this season who knows.

I dont see the talent on defense. The LB corp is a complete disaster. We have a good corner in Revis. Jenkins completely fell apart.

Rhodes- who knows with him. Is this guy even serious about football? By the way he played this season who knows.

I think Harris is very good. He played injured and didn't play badly the last couple of games. Pace is pretty much a pass rushing LB, you can't count on him in coverage so it's a double edged sword to me. Barton is meh and so is BT, but BT perplexes me cause he seems like he is good at times.

As for Rhodes I think he is very good... I do think that he is asked to cover up weaknesses and this year it was LOTS of over the top help to Lowery/Law and acting as the last line of defense with a suspect partner at the other safety position.

IMO defense should be in attack mode... not play not to lose mode.

Great idea.

Cut the #6 overall pick, because he didn't show up the first year.

Probably should have cut D'Brick after his first season too.

Um, Brick started from day one.

Gholston couldnt touch the field. And when he did, it was embarrassing. At least he looks good in the weight room though.

Um, Brick started from day one.

Gholston couldnt touch the field. And when he did, it was embarrassing. At least he looks good in the weight room though.

And Brick let up tons of sacks, and looked pretty awful at times... We couldn't run to that side of the field either.

And, hey, he actually had the advantage of playing the position once or twice before he reached the pros.

Question is do we have that in Clowney? I don't know what to think about the WR scenario. I do think we need speed but finding a good deep threat is tough. Am I wrong in thinking Boldin is more of a possession receiver? I love him, and want him, but doesn't solve our "speed" issues.

We need a speed receiver, but IMO the speed we need most is on D. We need a 2nd CB that won't need so much S help as Lowery, Law and Barrett. We need LBs and safeties that can cover backs and TEs. I'm pretty sure this is why Trusnik was seeing so much play today. We also need speed in the pass rush (edge LB) that will actually pressure the T.

I disagree with everybody about this alleged philosophical change in the D. The fact is the D can't cover the spread and the blitzes are coming but not getting in. Part of that is a function of the QB having an easy read and part of it is our teams crappy individual rushers. I don't think they go into a shell, I think teams attack them differently. The O is what folded up and died.

And Brick let up tons of sacks, and looked pretty awful at times... We couldn't run to that side of the field either.

And, hey, he actually had the advantage of playing the position once or twice before he reached the pros.

Gholston looks like he's never played football before.

We need a speed receiver, but IMO the speed we need most is on D. We need a 2nd CB that won't need so much S help as Lowery, Law and Barrett. We need LBs and safeties that can cover backs and TEs. I'm pretty sure this is why Trusnik was seeing so much play today. We also need speed in the pass rush (edge LB) that will actually pressure the T.

I disagree with everybody about this alleged philosophical change in the D. The fact is the D can't cover the spread and the blitzes are coming but not getting in. Part of that is a function of the QB having an easy read and part of it is our teams crappy individual rushers. I don't think they go into a shell, I think teams attack them differently. The O is what folded up and died.

I respect your argument here. IMO though alot of what happened with the blitz packages was we became VANILLA. Not enough shifts or stunts to confuse the O-line. From that like you said I think QB's can pick apart our weak spots. I'm not arguing we don't need speed, it certainly would improve us BUT I don't think it's a dire need. I think if you can confuse the Oline and just physically punish the all game that wall will eventually give.

As for the offense couldn't agree with you more. Plus seeing Penngington with the Phins just speaks volumes about our offensive philosophy.

Ignoring the twin 800 pound gorillas known as the QB and the CS name the 3 things that you would change to fix this team:

1) Add a quality number 2 CB.

2) Add a quality backup for Jenkins... we fall apart when he needs a breather.

3) Add a WR who can get some seperation down field.

Not sure where this falls on the list but it is close, if not, # 1.

Get a Linebacker that can cover people.

Archived