Tanne next???????

JetsTitans63

Not sure what impact Tanny had on building the roster...thought he was mainly a capologist...for the draft I thought Bradway did the scouting and Mangini did the interviews and they picked on consensus...even with that the results were mixed...but probably a little better than average. In free agency and contracts I would rate him a little lower...too many overpaid players; Thomas and Woody come to mind.

What about Keller.....:confused:

I haven't seen anything great yet, on a consistent basis. 2 good games, definitely.

If Johnson wants Parcells to come back here to be team President, if he fires Tannenbaum, that's a way to INSURE it DOES NOT happen.

Woody feels that Mike T did a fantastic job acquiring talent the past few years (and he has). He felt Eric did a terrible job winning with that talent (which he did).

Tanny stays for sure and him doing his job so well is what got Eric canned.

This team needs to upgrade it's scouting dept. So far, the only great pick in the First round was Revis.

Mangold as well, and D'Brick is starting to turn the corner in a big way.

Point being Mike T has been GM for 3 offseasons, and has drafted 3 good starters (2 OL, 1 CB), a good receiving TE (Keller), and a LB who's athletic ability gives him incredible potential. He's also been responsible for drafting Leon Washington and David Harris, trading for Kris Jenkins, trading for Thomas Jones, and trading for Brett Favre. Not to mention signing Alan Faneca, Damien Woody, Ty Law, etc etc.

Woody feels that Mike T did a fantastic job acquiring talent the past few years (and he has). He felt Eric did a terrible job winning with that talent (which he did).

Tanny stays for sure and him doing his job so well is what got Eric canned.

We have to read between the lines like we did with Cowher.

Last night in Woody's interview, he said the word "talent," as in, the Jets have talent. He said the word talent again in today's press conference. What does that tell us? It tells us that Woody is happy with Mike T.

And as to the thread-starter's point about Mike T looking "flushed" and "worried" at the PC, guess what?

Mike T just FIRED his best friend. How would you look after doing that?

Not sure what impact Tanny had on building the roster...thought he was mainly a capologist...for the draft I thought Bradway did the scouting and Mangini did the interviews and they picked on consensus...even with that the results were mixed...but probably a little better than average. In free agency and contracts I would rate him a little lower...too many overpaid players; Thomas and Woody come to mind.

Before their deals are done I bet you are saying the same about Faneca and Jenkins, too. Plus Jenkins cost draft two picks

Before their deals are done I bet you are saying the same about Faneca and Jenkins, too. Plus Jenkins cost draft two picks

You are probably right...Tanny overpayed for both...I understand the logic more with Faneca and Jenkins but was shaking my head over Thomas and Woody...Thomas had one good year (contract year) and Woody basically suxxed in Detroit (only played RT the last 5-6 games) yet we hand him a big contract and he's our starting RT. Faneca's deal was a bit much...I can only justify by stating the obvious...both Dbrick and Mangold improved with Faneca in the middle...leadership and decent play solidified the line and we would not have had the success running the ball this year without him. Jenkins...provided the girth in the middle for a real 3-4 but slowed down toward the end...both players could justify their contract but its obvious we overpayed. Another area that Tanny confused me was Pace...sign Pace with Thomas yet we draft Gholston...just didn't make sense...not with today's money going by draft position.

Bottom line: My understanding of how the JETS front office worked is lacking...I just don't understand how Tanny gets good grades/praise in some circles. Thought he was mainly a capologist not a guy who made the decisions on the talent acquisition. If he gets credit for some of talent on the roster (and there has been some good moves) he also deserves some criticism for some of the other decisions (including Favre which I supported).

Archived