Newsday Headline: Schotty and Sutton both FIRED

BF4LC87

When I saw Jenkins in pass coverage yesterday I was thinking that Sutton is confused and probably overmatched to be an NFL DC.

:cheers: I saw that and was thinking about the old line "put your players in the best position to win".

Clowns. Just clowns.

My guess is that Callahan stands a chance at being promoted to OC, and Westhoff will probably remain the ST coach. Other then that, I wouldn't be surprised to see everyone else gone.

Besides Leon's KO returns the Jets' special teams was not so great. It certainly was not good yesterday. I refer of course to the blocked punt (the botched XP can happen to anyone). Lots of good plays negated by penalties.

I am so glad these guys are gone!! Only Mangini can have half ways talented

team at 8-3 beating the best team in the league and turn it in to a total flop.

The only thing working for the Jets was their short passing game. But after beating

so many teams with it they will know to cover the box better...and along with

our receivers not able to get open we couldn't even get the short game working

in the last half of the season. But what did we really expect guys? Did we really

think Brett Favre was gonna throw 8 yard slants all the way to the Superbowl?

Be honest.

Mangini - the "percentages" say you're an idiot.

hahaha!

Besides Leon's KO returns the Jets' special teams was not so great. It certainly was not good yesterday. I refer of course to the blocked punt (the botched XP can happen to anyone). Lots of good plays negated by penalties.

I dont recall allowing a PR or KR for TD or even a really long PR or KR all season. We also had a few returned for TD's. And a very limited amt. of ST errors all season. I'd say Westhoff did his job this year.

:cheers: I saw that and was thinking about the old line "put your players in the best position to win".

Clowns. Just clowns.

Clowns indeed bro. This is excellent - I got a little frightened by the "we have a lot of talent in the building" comment.

If Cowher does not want the Browns job, I'm sure Schotty will be back in Cleveland and bring Mini Me with him.

Good, let them lose their souls. (Shameless Godfather reference. :)) F**k Marty and that inept excuse for an offensive coordinator who could never establish a game rhythm. How many third and one or two passes can you call when you've got the AFC's top runner and a sledgehammer of a blocking fullback? Dunce. You suck.

Good, let them lose their souls. (Shameless Godfather reference. :)) F**k Marty and that inept excuse for an offensive coordinator who could never establish a game rhythm. How many third and one or two passes can you call when you've got the AFC's top runner and a sledgehammer of a blocking fullback? Dunce. You suck.

I cried every time I saw a shotgun set with 2nd/3rd and short.

I cried every time I saw a shotgun set with 2nd/3rd and short.

No joke, I started to really lose it when I saw the five wide package in short yardage situations. Literally screaming and violently throwing--luckily for me--cushions into the walls of my family room. Schitzy never understood the need for our team to keep drives going and just "move the sticks". Also, how many times did that fool Favre try to force passes into tight spaces in these situations when he could have picked up the first down by scrambling?

Archived