Is it too late to deal Abraham?

Jetsfan80

Now that he's signed, I say we try to get a nice deal for him if we can. It certainly couldnt hurt to try, since he obviously can't be much more pissed off than he is now (even though he, the walking vagina, has nothing to be complaining about after just signing for nearly $7 million).

If we can get a nice deal for him now (or maybe even nearing the trade deadline) involving a package of picks and maybe some help in the trenches, it could end up an addition by subtraction type of maneuver. But of course, no one wants to see Bryan Thomas starting, and that must be taken into consideration.

Thoughts?

Thoughts...

Abe is NEEDED to help this team win a championship this year...He's a GREAT player...You can trade him for 5 picks and land 5 busts...

The Jets are loaded and ready to go...although I'd like to see a Vet OL and DL brought in as back ups..

No way do we even entertain trading Abraham unless we are getting Dwight Freeney in return. When healthy, our pussy is a top five pass rushing end. Those don't grow on trees. After seeing our pathetic excuse for a pass rush this preseason, I don't see how anyone can even consider trading Abe.

No way do we even entertain trading Abraham unless we are getting Dwight Freeney in return. When healthy, our pu$$y is a top five pass rushing end. Those don't grow on trees. After seeing our pathetic excuse for a pass rush this preseason, I don't see how anyone can even consider trading Abe.

This is sad..........but true.

No way do we even entertain trading Abraham unless we are getting Dwight Freeney in return. When healthy, our pu$$y is a top five pass rushing end. Those don't grow on trees. After seeing our pathetic excuse for a pass rush this preseason, I don't see how anyone can even consider trading Abe.

Yep.

How would we get nothing? We're just going to franchise him again.

You can't deal him now. And personally, I don't want to. The fact of the matter is that he makes our D considerably better by his mere presence. I thought that was glaringly obvious this preseason.

could not have said it better myself..........there is nothing worse then watching the opposing qb have all day to pick us apart.......NOTHING!

b thomas is an average at best DE who would end up with 3 1/2 sacks in 16 games...

I'll take jon abe for 11-12 games anyday over 16 with thomas...he's not that good.

Thomas would end up with 6-8 and Simon would end up with 6 (his average per season)

That covers Abes totals in 12 games, getting maybe more sacks for Ellis with those 2 tanker trucks in the middle.

Thomas would end up with 6-8 and Simon would end up with 6 (his average per season)

That covers Abes totals in 12 games, getting maybe more sacks for Ellis with those 2 tanker trucks in the middle.

Thomas would end up with 6-8 pressures, not 6-8 sacks. We are talking about Bryan Thomas here? Get your head outa your toosh. :lol:

Thomas would end up with 6-8 pressures, not 6-8 sacks. We are talking about Bryan Thomas here? Get your head outa your toosh. :lol:

Toosh? :shock:

Thomas would have 6-8 sacks maybe even more with a line of Ellis, Roberston and Simon for him for an entire season.

are you B thomas???

what evidence do you have for these thoughts? If he was that good he's be playing or other teams would want him..He's done nothing...

I can't belive you'd rather have him play than abe...Abe is the ONLY one on the jets D that coordinators have to game plan around..

Yea he's been hurt..so has Chad..Get on his ass too then...I wish he wanted to win more..I wish he had the attitude of Coles..But Abe is your typical modern day athlete..deal with it..He's still one of the best at rushing the qb...

So true.

We probably Franchise him again next season, unless some long term deal is worked out. I do not see a trade on the horizon, as we can't get back equal value - namely, a pass rusher. [-X

I thought the same thing too, 80. Maybe we deal him now and cut our losses before he walks away next year for nothing. But bman is right--we should just hedge our bets and hope that Abe rushes the passer for us and stays healthy. We shall see.

Tom, I detect a waggle, no waggling bro, one side or the other.. [-X

Ellis-Robertson-Simon-Thomas

over

Ellis-Roberston-Reed- 10 games Abraham

ANYDAY

Simon is not gonna be a Jet, face it..you are dreaming..to much money, where would we get it? If Abe didn't sign it would be different but there is nothing left in the vault

guys..the d line is SET..And it's a Damn Good One!!

you have 3 first rd picks there..YOu have a pro bowler in abraham and two potential pro bowlers in D Rob and Ellis...

Tank reed aint gonna scare anybody but he's suitable..

Cory Simon is just a player...he's NOT going to put us in the superbowl...Our Defense is set and its gonna be good =D>=D>

Now stop wishing for every avaiable player!!

Trading Abe now is not possible. It's too late. Not in the sense that a trade deadline has passed, but that it just wouldn't make any sense. You have him, might as well keep him and let him prove himself. If he has a good year, and is healthy, he'll get his long term deal. The time to trade Abe, and get max value, would have been about 18 months ago. But, it's pointless now. Getting Corey Simon doesn't not equal the talent you lose from dealing Abe.

Abraham's replacement:

Kiwanuka.jpg

39q39708.jpg

BOSTON_KIWANUKA250.jpg

PICTURE_mkiwanuka.gif

DE Mathias Kiwanuka, Senior at Boston College this year, he's 6'7, 260 pounds and is a FORCE. If we trade Abraham for a 1st round pick we need to grab this man and even if we just let him walk, we need to trade up for this man.

R44 can tell you much more I'm sure.

Archived