Chad's Vacation factor?

SouthernJet

So does this Herm quote in Daily News today make you wish Chad had opted to have surgery right after the season ended instead of waiting 3 1/2 weeks to take a vacation to Florida???

"NOT IN TOP FORM:

Acknowledging that Chad Pennington is behind schedule due to offseason shoulder surgery, Edwards admitted that Pennington might not start fast.

"He'll be a better quarterback in the eighth game of the season than the first game," he said."

Where is jetfan13 now??

Assmop, for once in his life, made a good point when he started a thread here a few weeks backing questioning whether Chad should have went under the knife as soon as the season ended for us, instead of delaying it.

I jumped right on that bandwagon. Assmop was and is right.

Chad is a MORON for not getting his shoulder surgery done a few days after the steelers game. And whoever allowed him, if they had any sway in the decision, is also a MORON.

Again, unless we are privy to the x-rays ,Doctors suggestion etc, we have no idea on what he was told as to when he could have the surgery.

Nothing in this guys make up points to a guy who would put a vacation before the team.

I like Herm but am suprised how his word is now Gospel to us after a bad game by Chad.

Again, unless we are privy to the x-rays ,Doctors suggestion etc, we have no idea on what he was told as to when he could have the surgery.

Nothing in this guys make up points to a guy who would put a vacation before the team.

I like Herm but am suprised how his word is now Gospel to us after a bad game by Chad.

daily news articles and post articles at time stated chad opted out to take a planned family vacation...several doctors were interviewed at time saying he needed more recovery and was waitin to long,,a jet offcial at time said it was chads decision to wait. the writer intimated jets were not happy with his postponement

daily news articles and post articles at time stated chad opted out to take a planned family vacation...several doctors were interviewed at time saying he needed more recovery and was waitin to long,,a jet offcial at time said it was chads decision to wait. the writer intimated jets were not happy with his postponement

Thanks Southern. That is a mistake on Chad's part if true.

So does this Herm quote in Daily News today make you wish Chad had opted to have surgery right after the season ended instead of waiting 3 1/2 weeks to take a vacation to Florida???

"NOT IN TOP FORM:

Acknowledging that Chad Pennington is behind schedule due to offseason shoulder surgery, Edwards admitted that Pennington might not start fast.

"He'll be a better quarterback in the eighth game of the season than the first game," he said."

I'd rather have him banged up now then later on in the season.

See 2002.

"NOT IN TOP FORM:

No, it definitely doesn't. The 8th game is much longer than 3 1/2 weeks from the start of the season. Couple that with the fact that even if he had the surgery on 1/16/05 (which was impossible), the real learning of the offense would not have started until training camp anyway! He still would not have practiced in any OTAs.

You guys were being ridiculous THEN and you're still being ridiculous. Judging by this post and your other posts about Abraham, you really do not have much of a clue about anything do ya?

No, it definitely doesn't. The 8th game is much longer than 3 1/2 weeks from the start of the season. Couple that with the fact that even if he had the surgery on 1/16/05 (which was impossible), the real learning of the offense would not have started until training camp anyway! He still would not have practiced in any OTAs.

You guys were being ridiculous THEN and you're still being ridiculous. Judging by this post and your other posts about Abraham, you really do not have much of a clue about anything do ya?

haha,,ok polyanna,,

who cares learning offense, u idiot, the point is his arm isnt up to speed yet u freakin neanderthal,

u might be the dumbest poster on this board,,what a freakin fool,,,

Where is jetfan13 now??

Assmop, for once in his life, made a good point when he started a thread here a few weeks backing questioning whether Chad should have went under the knife as soon as the season ended for us, instead of delaying it.

I jumped right on that bandwagon. Assmop was and is right.

Chad is a MORON for not getting his shoulder surgery done a few days after the steelers game. And whoever allowed him, if they had any sway in the decision, is also a MORON.

right here bubba, whats on your mind? oo, sorry, you have to have a mind for something to be on it, your special ed teacher is looking for you. its time for your remidial thinking class

me thinks u missed the point, drastically....

there might not be a playoffs if we play mediocre in beginning of season cause of his vacation...

You can't do much worse then 2-5 and then make the playoffs.

Chad and the team will be fine.

4-3 at absolute worst before the bye week.

"NOT IN TOP FORM:

What is not clear is if he is behind physically or mentally.

haha,,ok polyanna,,

who cares learning offense, u idiot, the point is his arm isnt up to speed yet u freakin neanderthal,

u might be the dumbest poster on this board,,what a freakin fool,,,

For some reason, I'm being called names. Weird

All reports say his arm is fine... He experiences no pain and can throw the ball fine. Use some facts in your statements please.

For some reason, I'm being called names. Weird

All reports say his arm is fine... He experiences no pain and can throw the ball fine. Use some facts in your statements please.

listen mephisto, what part of behind schedule due to surgery dont you get. 3 weeks earlier would be less behind. damn, dont u belong on JI?

listen mephisto, what part of behind schedule due to surgery dont you get. 3 weeks earlier would be less behind. damn, dont u belong on JI?

Wouldn't go back to JI if my life depending on it.

Now if I only knew what the name you just called me was.

He's behind because he didn't get to practice in OTAs. He didn't get to practice in SPRING practice. He could have had the f'ing surgery on 1/16 and he still would not have been able to do those things!

The physical act of throwing a ball, the ONLY thing that is dependent on the surgery date, is FINE by all accounts. He's not grasping the offense (the MENTAL side). If he had the surgery 3 weeks EARLIER he STILL wouldn't have been able to practice the offense UNTIL TRAINING CAMP.

Archived